12am - 8am In Singapore.. What To Do?

I have a stop over flight to Singapore, we'll be staying in Singapore for 8 hours, I don't want to be stuck in the airport for 8 hours doing nothing, I'm planning to check out and get out and view as much of Singapore as little time I have been given along taking photos!, the question is, once I get out of the airport - where can I go during those hours, I know shops will be closed and etc, but I am for certain there's places to visit that's alive at night. Anyone would recommend me where to go and visit? Thank you.

I have a stop over flight to Singapore, we'll be staying in Singapore for 8 hours, I don't want to be stuck in the airport for 8 hours doing nothing, I'm planning to check out and get out and view as much of Singapore as little time I have been given along taking photos!, the question is, once I get out of the airport - where can I go during those hours, I know shops will be closed and etc, but I am for certain there's places to visit that's alive at night. Anyone would recommend me where to go and visit? Thank you.

Don't know what you like, but you get down to Orchard Tower just of Orchard Road and you will be good for a few beers etc.....

Is that 4 floors...?

... of whores. Yes, and a stones throw from the Thai Embassy, which is an interesting 'coincidence' :D

The airport has free Internet stations and WiFi, but the regiostration process was a little too invasive for me. Wouldn't want to spend 8 hours there though.

City centre malls close up early - 9-10pm. Areas like Little India are a still alive and safe to walk around. If you go to Lavender MRT station (you won't make it in time for the last trains, but using it as a landmark) you can walk west towards the city for street life/food hawkers etc ending up in Little India or head East for the more Nana-esque area of Geylang if you're looking for that kind of thing (I chose the former :) ).

You won't find much to do in Singapore at those hours.

I took my Missus and her sister there last year, it was really disappointing, even the main touristy areas of Clark quay and Boat quay close really early, and no food after 11pm.

Stay in the airport.

Is that 4 floors...?

... of whores. Yes, and a stones throw from the Thai Embassy, which is an interesting 'coincidence' :D

The airport has free Internet stations and WiFi, but the regiostration process was a little too invasive for me. Wouldn't want to spend 8 hours there though.

City centre malls close up early - 9-10pm. Areas like Little India are a still alive and safe to walk around. If you go to Lavender MRT station (you won't make it in time for the last trains, but using it as a landmark) you can walk west towards the city for street life/food hawkers etc ending up in Little India or head East for the more Nana-esque area of Geylang if you're looking for that kind of thing (I chose the former :) ).

Ipanema Bar has some great music

I have a stop over flight to Singapore, we'll be staying in Singapore for 8 hours, I don't want to be stuck in the airport for 8 hours doing nothing,

If nothing else - you may find HardRockCafe in transit area of the new Terminal 3;they also offer -TransitHotels(day rooms),where you

can.....sleep;swimming pool on the roof(I amnot sure about night time).I advice you to go to GeylangRd for food and extremly exotic

night life ;it should not be called thisway,cause it is 24 hrs affair(may be to rough for you?) .Geylang Rd is quite close,Aljunied MRT.

You can try ...beach on EastCoast,along AirportHighway called ECP,with excellent food centers;the best food center alive till morning

is NewtonCircus,not far from OrchardTowers,very popular.

Completly something unusual? - NightSafari in ZOO!

I have a stop over flight to Singapore, we'll be staying in Singapore for 8 hours, I don't want to be stuck in the airport for 8 hours doing nothing,

If nothing else - you may find HardRockCafe in transit area of the new Terminal 3;they also offer -TransitHotels(day rooms),where you

can.....sleep;swimming pool on the roof(I amnot sure about night time).I advice you to go to GeylangRd for food and extremly exotic

night life ;it should not be called thisway,cause it is 24 hrs affair(may be to rough for you?) .Geylang Rd is quite close,Aljunied MRT.

You can try ...beach on EastCoast,along AirportHighway called ECP,with excellent food centers;the best food center alive till morning

is NewtonCircus,not far from OrchardTowers,very popular.

Completly something unusual? - NightSafari in ZOO!

Just be careful there (Newton Circle) to ask the price of each item before it is brought to your table. That place is a notorious clip joint, the way it goes is a tourist will order jumbo prawns and lobster without asking the price, then when the items are brought to your table you're presented with a bill for up to S$100 per person.

There have been some recent efforts to eliminate the problems at Newton Circle though, for instance: http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking%2BNew...ory_351971.html

Edited by OriginalPoster

Plenty to do in Singapore , head for little India, restauranants, clubs , bars open till 6 am , or shopping!! Mustapha,s Shopping Mall is open 24/7 sells eve3rything from Diamonds to dildo,s :)

Mate, Singapore's Changi airport is regularly voted top 3 in the world, often the top in the world, by world travelers. There is tons to do at the airport itself. You can play video games for free, plenty of places to hook up your laptop. Man, many place to shop, small movie theater showing movies (old movies, but movie style seating), etc. There are gardens, a transit hotel in the airport (why not just get some rest in a nice room before your 8 a.m. flight? Much better than sleeping on the plane), and they have a pool (thought not really open while you'll be there). For 8 hours, there's plenty to do in the airport itself, and thinking of the time of night and the short time, I'd say just say in the airport. Or you could pay a taxi to give you a quick tour of the city and take you to a bar, or something. There may even be a night market though when I was there I certainly didn't go to one, so not sure.

changi airport website

Geylang.

Yeah...head on out to Geylang...it's not too far from the airport, will just be getting going about the time you're going there. Lots of street theatre, good and cheap eats and tea/coffee houses, street-walkers from around the world and bawdy houses (look for the red lanterns).

Other possibility would be the Clark Quay bars and clubs...forget about Orchid Road...boring and overpriced.

My first time thru SIN i had just about the exact layover as you- mine was 10 hours. the little airport hotel was booked (go figure) and i decided to just hang in the airport as some have said. couldn't sleep. it was fine for the first couple hours, then time actually stood still! if you have to get stuck overnight in an airport- this is the one. but... it's still an airport. got asked for my ID 3x by the police during the night.

hindsight.... i'd never been to Singapore and was stupid not to venture out. my 2 cents would be to venture out. it will definitely be more interesting!

An usual story.

That's what's behind cheap travel "deals".

They leave you stranded somewhere, even at one of the best possible places - Singapore's Changi. Lucky you it is not 8 hours overnight at Los Angeles or Heathrow airport.

Now, what you have saved on air tickets, you will have to pay for something you have no idea how and where. Just stay at the airport - if you got yourself trapped like this, Changi may be great news, if not a discovery.

If you like going out you can go to the powerhouse (or something like that), many clubs in there and I think open till late in the weekends, only went there once on a saturday.

Otherwise, rent a taxi and drive around the famous places, but that's not gonna last 8 hours I guess as by daytime you can see everything worth seeing in a few hours...