Smeg Cookers !

Farangdanny

Nearly 12 months ago I bought new SMEG cookers. One one oven and two Induction Hobbs. What a disaster !

I was promised that the oven featured 'Pyroclean", by which all one needs to do is press the pyro button and an hour later, all the dirt from the oven is a little pile of dust on the base. All I got were the old fashioned detachable sides, that still have to be removed and cleaned. The design of the door is so bad that it must be taken apart and cleaned inside as the grease leaks in.

One Induction Hobb works perfectly, the other works in 'fits and starts".

I contacted SMEG agent in Bankkok five times. I never got a reply. Then I contacted SMEG Head Office in Italy. Never got a reply, but after third contact, early in April this year, I received a phone call from agent in BKK. They asked model numbers etc. and told me that they would come to repair 'sometime next month' ! I send another email to Head Office about the big delay. Still no reply but another call from BKK, they would come at the end of April !

They came............ I was told the problem is that one of them is an older model made in a different factory and they could do nothing, it is normal. I have contacted Head Office twice since then, even threatening to expose their disgusting service and equipment, still NO reply !

Must be a bit like they said about the Italian Tanks in the war..'Only two gears, one slow and one reverse' !!

Stay away from SMEG

Edited by Farangdanny

And the greater moral of the story...

use this:

tkb-502.jpg

Far fewer disappointments.. And if it ever breaks then any gas shop guy around the corner can fix it.

Not much of an oven! But similar with oven under are only a couple of thousand baht extra, our landlord got ours at Central.

Iain

i've always been a bit turned off by the name. too close to smegma.

o

LOL...My friend had a vanity license plate in the USA "smegma" for the longest time on an old Rolls Royce...Not a well known word..He finally had to surrender the plate...lol..

• 11 months later...
UPDATE.

I sent a copy of this post to SMEG Head Office in Italy. I got a phone call this morning. There was a new cooker just leaving Bangkok and it would be in my kitchen before the end of day !!

The power of advertising !!

Can you please give me contact details. I have the same sort of problem.

I bought a B47,000-00 microwave. Worked OK but after one year inner glass door shattered. They came, they fixed, they charged (B6000-00) and they blamed installation.

Well 1 hour ago with their repositioned microwave I am heating some chocolate and BANG there she goes ago.

Call agents, advice "Microwave is under warranty but that does NOT include the inner glass" TIT mak mak.

Tried SMEG's websites found on Google and all appear Kaput.

Help

And the greater moral of the story...

use this:

tkb-502.jpg

Far fewer disappointments.. And if it ever breaks then any gas shop guy around the corner can fix it.

The greater moral of the story is:

This is Thailand, you pay ya money and hope for the best.

In Thailand, some ya win, some ya lose.

UPDATE.

I sent a copy of this post to SMEG Head Office in Italy. I got a phone call this morning. There was a new cooker just leaving Bangkok and it would be in my kitchen before the end of day !!

I bought a B47,000-00 microwave. Worked OK but after one year inner glass door shattered. They came, they fixed, they charged (B6000-00) and they blamed installation.

Well 1 hour ago with their repositioned microwave I am heating some chocolate and BANG there she goes ago.

Call agents, advice "Microwave is under warranty but that does NOT include the inner glass" TIT mak mak.

Help

we got a free microwave with our washer as part of a promotion, one of the cheapo type ones.

it has no fancy push buttons or stainless steel/glass, just 2 dials, one as a timer the other nuke intensity

has never missed a beat after 4 years!

• 3 weeks later...
UPDATE.

Help

I eventually found the Smeg Italy website and email and put my problem to them.

Lo and behold 2 days ago the Thai agent calls. "We will replace your microwave glass free of charge".

This was done today and I have emailed my thanks to Smeg HQ. I was impressed that their initial reply was by return email and obviously they followed up very quickly. There IS value then in buying premium goods from companies that back their products.

Well done Smeg