Usa / B2 Visa For Thai Partner

Hi guys,

Well here we go again, we have just secured an appt next week for my Thai husbands 2nd b2 visa to the USA. He went last week and was denied because we lost one piece of paper! My current 2009 visa stamp!!! We had 06, 07, 08, subsequently they never looked at anything else, like the fact we file 1040 and 2555 taxes for 3 years and running... which would unequivocally confirm my permenat status and his employment.

So this is what we have to re submit:

Basically its all the same papers we had before - but we hope this time they will look at it! Suggestions comments greatly appreciated!!

-Ownership and management of a tour business ---- we've run a tour business for 7 years and we have print outs of our website - brochures, photos, trip advisor reviews - magazine articles from Phuket Magazine & Fay Thai /Bangkok Air about us and our tour company, current captains license, boat registration, annual safety insurance, booking schedules, tax payments and local tax for signage at our house at the local Tessa ban.

-4 years of visa stamps for my NON IM O based on marriage

-Ownership of 2 houses

-Ownership of 3 Rai of Land

-Ownership of another rental property in SE Asia

-Ownership of a Toyota truck and Motorcycles

-Marriage licenses for 4 years/ partner 7 years

-100k thb in joint Thai bank account

- Current copies of U.S. Joint Tax forms 1040 & Form 2555 for 2006, 2007 & 2008 and his INTI number

-Letter of invitation from my brother in California

-Return tickets and travel insurance

thanks for your advice!!

hellohello

Edited by hellohello

Thanks TH! That’s the best thing I've heard all week.

Question? The Thai cash we have, is in a Bangkok Bank account with my name- I'm the "Thai wife" so I run the finances, due to hubby is out working and I have time to go to the bank... Do we need to change that? The passbook he provided last week only had 60k THB-and the officer seemed that she did not like that, we are toping it up, but to whose account?

We do have a joint account with little activity on it.

Another? How could my husband get the officer to read our docs? Our Joint U.S. Tax forms were completely ignored. If I had been allowed in I would of made sure the saw everything. But, they didn't ask if we had any U.S. tax forms so they stayed safely in our folder... :)

Greatly appreciated!

It doesn't sound like he was denied the visa, they just wanted him to bring back another piece of paper. With your ties to Thailand and this being the second visa, I would be amazed if they actually turn it down. They don't care how much money is in the bank, they are looking for reasons to return.

Relax.

TH

It doesn't sound like he was denied the visa, they just wanted him to bring back another piece of paper. With your ties to Thailand and this being the second visa, I would be amazed if they actually turn it down. They don't care how much money is in the bank, they are looking for reasons to return.

Relax.

TH

It might be easier to have your Thai husband say he is a Mexican, that is an almost certain way to get an approval. Then your now Mexican husband can enter the USA, stay as long as he wants with no fear of being deported. Just a sick joke, but truth to it. Mexicans can sneak into the USA, no problem, and stay as long as they want. If theyget caught, nothing happens. Any children involved, they go to school free. Free medical care for all Mexicans is available at hospital emergency rooms. None of these benefits are available if you are are a Thai or another nationality than Mexican. If you are Cuban and sneak out of Cuba and just make it to land, USA, then you can stay forever in the USA.

TH: They said nothing about us bringing any forms back, and we have had completely re-apply, pay fees and travel another 1600K RT.

Its not our 2nd visa - its our 2nd ATTEMPT at his first visa.. hence why I'm nervous.

Robo!! you crack me up. when we arrived in BKK that morning- went to a restaurant the staff ask if he was MEXICAN!!

Ok, but that's not what your OP said.

"we have just secured an appt next week for my Thai husbands 2nd b2 visa to the USA". Seems to have left out the "attempt" in your wording.

Hopefully you have been more careful in your 2nd application for the visa. Your 2009 visa extension stamp is very important. That shows you are still maintaining your ties to Thailand and not planning on moving back to US. That is what they are looking for. His ties to you are well established.

TH

• 2 weeks later...

They said we need to apply for an IMMIGRANT visa. Since we legally file our joint taxes overseas and I got hubby a u.s. Tax ID number - which he could probably work there with- they ASUUME we want to stay - in that- jump the process and queue to a permanent status. And they said we don’t have enough ties to Thailand, even though we own 3 Houses, Land, Car, Bikes and a very good Thai Business, but not al0t 0f $inc0me$ compared t0 the vast wage difference between the USA and Thailand.

s0 , n0....

g0ing t0 vietnam and bali instead...

hh

They said we need to apply for an IMMIGRANT visa. Since we legally file our joint taxes overseas and I got hubby a u.s. Tax ID number - which he could probably work there with- they ASUUME we want to stay - in that- jump the process and queue to a permanent status. And they said we don’t have enough ties to Thailand, even though we own 3 Houses, Land, Car, Bikes and a very good Thai Business, but not al0t 0f $inc0me$ compared t0 the vast wage difference between the USA and Thailand.

s0 , n0....

g0ing t0 vietnam and bali instead...

hh

I'm sorry and I am also completely baffled by this. My wife, actually girlfriend at the time, got a 10 year multi-entry the first try. I had not gotten my retirement visa yet, and only rented a condo. My wife had a job here but we owned no property. How in the world with all you own did they not see any reason for you to return? Maybe things have tightened up over the last 2 years since we got her visa. The advice on getting an immigrant visa is lame. If you get one and then don't stay, they revoke the visa and you can go to the back of the line in future. If you are even going to be out of the US for a time you need a re-entry permit with an immigrant visa. I would suggest shopping an immigration lawer. Good luck.

Hi Again,

I got this from a very helpful TV member- He mentioned.....

"I have heard that others say the interviewer asked why they did not apply for the immigration visa, but accepted the fact they intended to stay in Thailand. Virtually all the people I know that have gotten visa for spouses are here on assignments with American companies, so they got letters from employer saying they were on long term assignment and got home leaves each year. Maybe for self-employed people it is harder to prove. Maybe the US income tax returns were too much information, I have never heard of anyone submitting them for a tourist visa."

I naively thought the non-res US tax forms would be the ace in the hole--- I was wrong.

Looking at an IR-1 now, but we live and work here. So it seems like a waste of time, $ and energy!

Thanks again for all your comments!

Kindly HH