What's A Co., Ltd. Worth?

Hi, thinking about selling a Co., Ltd..

I already have a potential buyer but I would like to get some ideas about the value of the company (seperate from the business value).

The company is fully registered with 2,000,000 THB capital, all paperwork and licenses fully legal.

So what would the company be worth if I would sell it without any assets? Only the "shell" basically.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Hi, thinking about selling a Co., Ltd..

I already have a potential buyer but I would like to get some ideas about the value of the company (seperate from the business value).

The company is fully registered with 2,000,000 THB capital, all paperwork and licenses fully legal.

So what would the company be worth if I would sell it without any assets? Only the "shell" basically.

Thanks a lot in advance!

If its been active last 12 months, 4 thai employees paying taxes its worth 20k. If not, most owners want to get rid of it free to avoid running costs.

I have seen a lot of folks trying to give them away free just to avoid paying the costs for shutting down the company.

Nobody should buy a 'used' company because it's impossible to check whether this company has debts.

Most of the time, this is the reason for selling. Loan money, act as guarantee then take the money, sell the co and run.

Thanks a lot guys.

Actually, the company has zero liabilities and I am not trying to hide anything.

Accounting has been done in a very professional way and all is fully transparent.

I was just thinking that it should be worth something considering the set-up costs for registration etc.

Oh, btw.... we do have 4 Thai employees as well and they all have paid taxes and social security.

I'll probably ask my accountant then to just simply close it.

Thanks again for your inputs.

Thanks a lot guys.

Actually, the company has zero liabilities and I am not trying to hide anything.

Accounting has been done in a very professional way and all is fully transparent.

I was just thinking that it should be worth something considering the set-up costs for registration etc.

Oh, btw.... we do have 4 Thai employees as well and they all have paid taxes and social security.

I'll probably ask my accountant then to just simply close it.

Thanks again for your inputs.

Hi - you say you have 4 Thai staff employed and paying taxes etc., does that mean that the company is actually doing business? If so what is the name and nature of the company? Why don't you try to sell it as a going concern?