Suspended Ceiling

tutsiwarrior

I want to replace the suspended ceiling on the top floor of a shop house (rip out and remove the old, replace with all new materials). I want to use good quality suspension materials and the usual plasterboard ceiling panels. I'm going to source everything (materials and labor) locally in a small town in Suphanburi.

Can anyone advise on the cost on an installed baht/sq.m basis?

thanx...

Assuming you want to install a gypsum board (drywall / sheetrock) ceiling, then the installed price should be somewhere between 150 and 250 baht per square meter (depending upon the type of gypsum board, and your local labor rates). These are the prices we were quoted in the northern provinces. We eventually contracted our installation at 240 baht/m2 for 68 m2.

The higher end figure is for foil-backed gypsum sheets, which you may want to consider for your top floor, while the lower end figure is for the non-backed board. The price includes all support steel, installation and finishing (mud and sanding).

Assuming you want to install a gypsum board (drywall / sheetrock) ceiling, then the installed price should be somewhere between 150 and 250 baht per square meter (depending upon the type of gypsum board, and your local labor rates). These are the prices we were quoted in the northern provinces. We eventually contracted our installation at 240 baht/m2 for 68 m2.

The higher end figure is for foil-backed gypsum sheets, which you may want to consider for your top floor, while the lower end figure is for the non-backed board. The price includes all support steel, installation and finishing (mud and sanding).

thanks for your help, Dave. I was gonna install 6" thk fiber blankets when the work is finished. How would this insulation arrangement compare with with the benefits from the foil backed gypsum sheets?

thanks for your help, Dave. I was gonna install 6" thk fiber blankets when the work is finished. How would this insulation arrangement compare with with the benefits from the foil backed gypsum sheets?

6" of Fiberglas insulation would definitely be much better!

Not sure of the cost for fiberglas, but you could then drop down to plain gypsum board, which would bring your ceiling cost down to around 160-200 baht/m2.

Just make sure that there's sufficient structural steel or wood for the workers to stand/crawl on when installing the fiberglas blankets after your ceiling's been installed. (Remember that the gypsum will be suspended by relatively lightweight steel wires and strips, similar to suspended ceiling tiles, that in most cases won't support the weight of a person walking on them from above).

• 12 years later...

looking for a company/ person who can fit a grid ceiling . or somewhere i can buy the the grid and tiles from .... pattaya/sattahip area .  waht is the thai name ???for this type of ceiling as i cant seem to find any infomation on the web .. 

On 5/2/2022 at 8:49 PM, yeahbutif said:

looking for a company/ person who can fit a grid ceiling . or somewhere i can buy the the grid and tiles from .... pattaya/sattahip area .  waht is the thai name ???for this type of ceiling as i cant seem to find any infomation on the web .. 

Baan Amphur Trading on Sukhumvit road (east side opposite Movenpick) will be able to help you. Google Maps Link

Link

Alternatively you could go to Thaiwatsadu in South Pattaya (on the west side of Sukhumvit road near Soi Wat Boon). Google Maps Link

Link