Self-sufficiency

MJP

If you've moved to Issan you're either a farmer or you're mental.

Well I'm a mental farmer.

So I've found this and thought you might like it if you think the modern world is coming to an end or if, like me, you've just got green fingers.

http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message742541/pg1

Loads of free books on how to harvest rainwater, grow turnips and slaughter goats and other beasts.

Enjoy!

you are a super star, what a brill link,never noticed if there was anything on home brew though !! cheers mjp, and what about the £ !!!!!!!!!!! cheers micky.

Edited by micky44

• 3 months later...

Thanks. A superb list of key skills, many of them forgotten. Fascinating reading for me in store I think.

Very interesting to see some of the commonalties and differences to how Kon Isaan does similar tasks. The Isaan community I live within have certainly fine-tuned their living off the land capabilities, and unlike much of the western world, these are still living skills of today rather than yester-year. I get the feeling that when the food supply chain crashes in the west, mass starvation, disease and death will quickly wipe out the mass majority of people. Should a a similar situation happens in Thailand, I suspect life will carry on without hardly a blip for all those still living in rural areas, although I personally will miss my weekly supply of fresh bread, butter, cheese and ham from Tesco...

So I've found this and thought you might like it if you think the modern world is coming to an end or if, like me, you've just got green fingers.

Loads of free books on how to harvest rainwater, grow turnips and slaughter goats and other beasts.

Enjoy!

Great list ! Just a question, if the world crash, how will we be able to read those e-books ? :)

• 4 weeks later...

Enjoy!

Thanks for the great links.