Turbotax In Thailand

Hey there,

I am in need of TurboTax with California State for tax years 2006, 2007 and 2008. Does anyone know if it is available here?

Thanks.....

You should be able to find TurboTax itself for those years by prowling though the stacks of dodgy CDs at the Pantip Plaza or somewhere similar but getting the State modules might be tougher by that method. You may also be able to buy legit copied directly from Intuit over the internet (though you may need a US IP address to do that, and you may need to make a call to Intuit to ask them for access to those older versions).

For the State returns, when you run TurboTax and go to the State Tax section, it should prompt you for which State's return forms you want to download from Intuit's servers. The modules for individual states are not included on the installation CD, they are only available by download (though I suppose that it might be possible someone at the Pantip place would have taken upon it themselves to repackage it into a 100 Baht CD). If TurboTax won't download the California return forms for you, you can all Intuit's customers service and they will give you a direct link from which you can download them.

Edited by OriginalPoster

I live in BKK and buy it from Intuit online... turbotax.com. It's a big download, and costs like $30-50 for the current year depending on which edition you want.

You can buy past years' products also for like $60-$90 each.

You could also do it online at turbotax.com, but I prefer to download the application and mail it in.

Good luck!

You can use Turbo tax online. You know if you live in Thailand full time, it is not necessary to file a California State tax return, as you are a full time resident of Thailand and no longer a resident of California, although you are still considered a resident of the United States. I am from California, have lived in Thailand for six yrs, and have only filed a California return one time the yr I moved here.

Barry

I live in BKK and buy it from Intuit online... turbotax.com. It's a big download, and costs like $30-50 for the current year depending on which edition you want.

You can buy past years' products also for like $60-$90 each.

You could also do it online at turbotax.com, but I prefer to download the application and mail it in.

Good luck!

YES, this is the best solution available and I have been using it over the past 5 years or so. You do everything online and with the Premium Package you also get all sorts of updates etc. Works great for me.