Schengen Visa: Tourist Or Private Visit ?

Hi guys,

I'm a British national working in Bangkok. As stated in the topic description, I'm taking my Thai girlfriend on holiday to Europe. We're having a couple of days in London then over to France to stay at my parents house.

My question is regarding the Schengen visa. Which is the better option - tourist visa or 3rd party visit visa?

If she applies for a tourist visa then we won't mention our relationship, but we need to provide proof of accommodation, so we must provide the title deeds of my parents house in France. Is this straightforward or will my parents' name on the deeds arouse suspicion? Will they start asking questions about the relationship between her and my parents?

If we apply for a 3rd party visit visa we need the 'attestation d'accueil' from the mairie, but it seems we don't need to provide the title deeds of the house (this confuses me). Additionally we'll need a motivation letter from my parents but I think this is simply a case of them explaining they are inviting her to come with me.

The latter option seems a much more complicated procedure, but in our circumstances do you think it's the most appropriate one?

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

Hey

The attestation d'accueil is not difficult to get

Your parents will obtain it by going to the city hall. It takes a few minutes

They write a letter of invitation

But these documents will not be determinant: they are a necessity

They will need to see the applicant is determined to go back to Thailand

I don't understand why you do not want to appear as a guarantor but I guess you have your reasons

if she has all the documents (bank accounts, etc...) then go for the attestation d'accueil (duty stamp will have to be paid for)

Before starting the process enquire with a city hall agent whether an insurance needs to be purchased, before asking for this document (some city halls ask for it)

I hope I have been helpful

Hey

I don't understand why you do not want to appear as a guarantor but I guess you have your reasons

if she has all the documents (bank accounts, etc...) then go for the attestation d'accueil (duty stamp will have to be paid for)

Before starting the process enquire with a city hall agent whether an insurance needs to be purchased, before asking for this document (some city halls ask for it)

Hey alyx,

Thanks for the info.

We'll have the letter from her employer to show her return to work date, also we'll provide the return ticket to show we're definitely coming back to Thailand after the holiday.

I don't have any reasons for not wanting to be guarantor, I just didn't think I would be suitable because it's not my house.

Hey

Hey alyx,

Thanks for the info.

We'll have the letter from her employer to show her return to work date, also we'll provide the return ticket to show we're definitely coming back to Thailand after the holiday.

I don't have any reasons for not wanting to be guarantor, I just didn't think I would be suitable because it's not my house.

Well if she has already got the UK visa it should be ok

Well if she has already got the UK visa it should be ok

Hey Alyx,

She doesn't have the UK visa already, but her boss is going to be guarantor for the UK visa. We don't expect any problems with that one because the boss is filthy stinking rich and a frequent visitor to the UK. She has an apartment in London and kids in school over there.

The Schengen visa application notes state that a family member can act as guarantor if necessary, so I assumed that the boss couldn't act as guarantor for that one. Is my assumption wrong?

Many thx