1st Tanning Salon In Bangkok

kakov18

I'd go! I don't know how much I'd pay though...maybe 150 baht per session or something like that. I'm tired of going home without a tan lol... everyone thinks that when you go to thailand you are surrounded by beaches, obviously not true unless you are in the south.

Is there a tanning salon in bangkok now or is it in the works??

Hmmm. That's a difficult one. I do like a bit of color, but keep my tan by swimming everyday outdoors. As far as how much would I pay I think 250 baht would be reasonable and not too pricey if one was to go tanning.

On the other hand I don't see Thai using this service at all as they like having pasty white skin if they have it. Apex Beauty on Sukhimvit do offer spray on tan for about 1000 baht I believe.

Hey Kakov,

Well, first off, you're definitely not the first one whom I've 'heard' off having an idea in planting BKK it's first tanning studio.

However, sadly..like what flightcrew suggested. It might not be as popular among the locals as most local Thais I personally relate to and know prefer white-looking skin. (I believe the amount of whitening commercials and products lying all around speaks for themselves).

But if this idea persists and you'd like to work it out. You might wanna try going along the lines of planting this studio for the cause of foreigners/expats. Tanning equipments are definitely not cheap to start off with, the amount of electricity they intake to function are also pretty substantial...which of course gives you a good reason to charge slightly higher.

So putting foreigners/expats into mind as customers + high costs of maintainence + import of lotions + marketing. It could bring like 1 x tanning session to about 800 baht. Then you can come up with packages, since tanning studios usually wouldn't allow their customers to tan more than once in 2 days.

Just my 2 cents worth. Oh... BTW you're NOT the first I've discussed about the above..lol..

Hey Kakov,

Well, first off, you're definitely not the first one whom I've 'heard' off having an idea in planting BKK it's first tanning studio.

However, sadly..like what flightcrew suggested. It might not be as popular among the locals as most local Thais I personally relate to and know prefer white-looking skin. (I believe the amount of whitening commercials and products lying all around speaks for themselves).

But if this idea persists and you'd like to work it out. You might wanna try going along the lines of planting this studio for the cause of foreigners/expats. Tanning equipments are definitely not cheap to start off with, the amount of electricity they intake to function are also pretty substantial...which of course gives you a good reason to charge slightly higher.

So putting foreigners/expats into mind as customers + high costs of maintainence + import of lotions + marketing. It could bring like 1 x tanning session to about 800 baht. Then you can come up with packages, since tanning studios usually wouldn't allow their customers to tan more than once in 2 days.

Just my 2 cents worth. Oh... BTW you're NOT the first I've discussed about the above..lol..

The first BIG question is will the Thai goverment even allow tan beds into this country? The UV rays are very harmful and have been know to cause melanoma cancer in users, given this fact I doubt the Thai government would even consider it.

Given the Thais fondeness for mindless paperwork and layers of approvals, I would start this process today and hope for yes or no answer in two years!