Stay for 3 months and you must leave for 6 months!

hi'

I was wonderin' what could be the best for me ...

I have to go back to france for a couple of weeks in january,

I thought first to make a re-entry stamp, but then, I thought that I would need to go to Laos to get a new one in march ...

normaly I get my visa in Geneva, without any problem :o

I know Madame le Consul from a little time already :D

but what about now?

is the birth certificate of my daughter going to be enough to get a multiple entry non-0 as I get since two years now?

can someone tell me, what do you think is the best since these "new s*&$ laws ....?

thanks  ???

Why a Tourist visa? There is no crackdown on Non-Immigrant visas obtained the legal way at at Thai Consulate or Embassy abroad. They come in single or multiple flavours.

People travelling on Tourist visas several time a year, are looked upon as crap. Krub.

George - Go back to easymoney's post regarding the expat families that are housed in Bangkok rather than Singapore or Hong Kong due to the cost factor.  As described, none of these people really qualify for a non-B or non-O visa as either is intended.  Great if a "friendly" consular office will issue such a visa but isn't this as much a misrepresentation for these people as calling them tourists?  Why is this solution any better?

I really like the idea that keestha posted to drop the age requirement for the retirement visa.  Do this, perhaps call the visa something other then "retirement" and everybody wins.

guys.  maybe some of you don't know this.  but did you know a lot of thai people read the postings on this forum?

Best not be too honest in our assessments/opinions/worries/specualtions on what's going on in regards to farang in Thailand then. Surely we don't want to make any locals think that we are being ungrateful guests or being critical of what their government thinks is best to do in order to make things more difficult for "non-wealthy farang" (an oxymoron in most Thai people's eyes!).

But on a less sarcastic/cynical  note (which always works well in Thailand), it'd be nice if Thai folks tuning in here (and those that don't as well) could see that farang aren't treated very fairly and that it could have serious repercussions for businesses/English education/families/etcetc. in Thailand. Most could argue that "we don't need you anyway--we don't care." A sad argument really--but I've heard it argued before.

I often wonder what the government has in store for Thai people as well--after all, poor Thais are just like stray dogs according to the BKK governor. This worries me even more than these pathetic new visa laws

I think that we should honnest about the way immigration is in our country ...

for example, in Europe, laws are different depending on the country ... not the same in Germany and France!

in France, we had been told that my wife could come 3months and then would have to wait another 3months before to come back ... so, we gave up and that's why I'm here  ::o:

but, now we have to go back because it's in a reverse way now,

I can't stay here, I don't match the requirements here :D

but, we have a daughter now, and she is going to be the one who will allow her mother to get a visa, marriage papers and so on ... isn't the world a little crasy?  B)

GWB might do what he wants about immigration, this will never make any difference in the Thai premier's mind...

I think that he just don't give a f%&$ ... don't you think?

It was recently reported that Indonesia is to require tourists to have a visa before entering.  Given the huge impact on tourism in that country that  the Bali and more recently Jakarta bombings have had, you would assume that they would make it easier for tourists to enter rather than more difficult.

Clearly they have decided that the higher level of security offered by visitors needing a visa is more important than the (small?)loss of money from people who will not visit because of having to get a visa in advance.  My point is that if Indonesia with all its recent problems can afford to make tourists get a  visa then a country like Thailand (with no 'terror' stigma attached) could easily introduce a visa 'before arrival' scheme without a huge dent in tourist arrivals. The speculation about the 30 day 'on arrival stamp' being axed may well be true.

Indonesia is attemptiing to institute a reciprocal policy regarding visa requirements. For example, the UK makes Indonesians get a visa before visiting, therefore Indonesia will now make UK citizens get a visa before visiting.  It's a tit-for-tat measure rather than anything to do with security (at least I have never seen it described as having anything to do with security concerns).

Guest IT Manager
- The United States is about to cut the number of employment visas it offers to highly qualified foreign workers from 195,000 to 65,000, immigration experts said on Monday.

But Patrick Duffy, Human Resources Attorney for Intel Corporation, said finding the best-educated engineering talent from around the world was critical to his company's future.

"We expect that we will continue to sponsor H-1B employees in the future for the simple reason that we cannot find enough U.S. workers with the advanced education, skills, and expertise we need," he said.

So can someone tell me how the need for highly trained professionals, and their not being allowed to go to the US, is going to effect Thailand.

Perhaps someone would be kind enough to point out one of these highly trained professionals to me, who was trained in Thailand. LOL from the LOS. Not in my lifetime Ollie.

in France, we had been told that my wife could come 3months and then would have to wait another 3months before to come back ... so, we gave up and that's why I'm here
Are you joking Francois? French resident citizens' wives do not get permanent permit of stay?

Don't they get french nationality?

I just found the french foreign office site

http://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/etrangers/vivre/nationalite/

that says that a french citizen's spouse can ask french nationality after one year from wedding even if resident abroad.

à raison du mariage avec un conjoint Français :

La nationalité française est ouverte par déclaration souscrite devant le juge d'instance ou, lorsque les intéressés résident à l'étranger, devant le consul de France territorialement compétent, à tout étranger ou apatride qui contracte mariage avec un conjoint de nationalité française, après un délai d'un an à compter du mariage, et à condition qu'à la date de cette déclaration la communauté de vie n'ait pas cessé entre les époux et que le conjoint Français ait conservé sa nationalité. Le délai d'un an est supprimé lorsque naît, avant ou après le mariage, un enfant dont la filiation est établie à l'égard des deux conjoints.  La déclaration est enregistrée par le Ministre de l'Emploi et de la Solidarité

I hardly think they can get french nationality but can't get residence.

I just read well the above site, and they say that (of course) your wife can get the visa for more than three months.

Go to page :

http://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/venir/visas/index.html

Select Thailand for both lists, then select "long séjour (plus de 3 mois)".

Select "Familial" for "Motif du séjour"

and select in the choice below "Conjoint de resortissant francais" then click "Valider". You get the instruction on how to get a long visa for your wife.

well, in fact we are not offiacialy married .. and this is the problem .. not politicaly correct enough to get a marriage visa,

so I came here, but the problem remain the same, we can't marry in the ambassy because I can't produce any "good" proof of wealthy pro life  :o

I live here with a small medic pension, and it's not even allowed to be out more than 6months a year  ???

so, the trick is to ask a "normal" tourist visa short stay, with an invitation from my mother who would like to see her grand-daughter, so all the family goes  :D

then, once in france we can do any marriage, papers, residence and like you said even nationality if she ask for ...

but we have to go through a normal process, I just do hope that it won't be the mess with too many guys who at this time will want to go back with their girl friend, because this might turn the things back to us .. see what I mean?

anyway, as I said we have a lovely daugter, and she might be our key back to europe  B)

so I came here, but the problem remain the same, we can't marry in the ambassy because I can't produce any "good" proof of wealthy pro life  

Francois, do you really want to marry? I don't know well the french laws but I don't understand what's the matter with wealthy pro life and marrying.

Anyway you can marry at the thai "amphoer" (like most foreigners with tourist visa do ), then register your marriage at the consulate.

See the site

http://consulfrance-vancouver.org/fae/serv...ais/registratio

This relates to the french consulate in  Canada, but I think the laws apply to all over the world.

Et voila, le jeux sont fait.   ::o:

thanks buasaard, good tip  :D

I thought as it is said in the ambassy that you really have to go through all these papers nightmare !

the french law is like the french ... "complicated" somehow ...

if you want to marry here they tell you that you need to prove that you can support your family!

if you ask for a marriage visa, it's the same exept that you can't produce any paper as you live for a while,(for most of the case) ... so, we have to trick them, tourist visa and then marry in france and make situation regular after marriage.

only if you come sometime from france, having a job and so on, paying taxes etc ... in this case, you can ask, they will give it to you, whatever you ask, you are politicaly "correct",

this the french, but do I need to mention that france has a real immigration problem?

so they tight the rules in order to be sure that foreigners coming to visit or to stay for a living are not going to depend on the welfare country's budget !

because once you have begun to work somewhere, and then laid off, you can apply for welfare as you are jobless, and this for a period of time, that can be over a year easily.

I tell you, france is a kind of paradise for asian.

so, we can marry at thecity-hall of Chiang mai, (providing at least a proof of my single, I guess and some easy to get papers from france) and then just go to the consulate and declare it, so by the way we will apply to register our daughter too !

like this we can all go to france and any country of europe  B)

that seems to good to be true  B)

anyway, we'll try to do so, as we did agree already with the necessity of official marriage with my wife(gf) ... almost 5years together  B)

so, in this way, might be possible to come back and try again to re-establish a life here, who knows, law can change again  ::o:

I found it strange because in Italy we do not need any prove for financial support to marry. In Italy Everybody can marry who want without need to prove anything, and in Italy too we have immigration problems, with so many boat-people arriving from Tunisia, Albania, Turkey etc...

I find also such requirement breaks in some way human rights, and I am very surprised because I thought France was one of the most guarantist countries, more than Italy which is ruled by a right wing government.:o

The only trick for you, is that a foreigner needs an authorization from the embassy to marry at the city hall, and I hope the french embassy do not require again the prove of income. ???

Otherways as you said you must get french nationality for your daughter, then ask the visa for her mother.

Good luck, Francois.

:D

thanks buasaard, anyway, by now we are waiting for monday to go to Chaing mia city Hall in order to get informations.

then, probably I'll have to go down to BKK to get a paper from the french ambassy, if it is possible  B)

if not I'll go to the registration's desk to get my daughter her

second nationality and being written on my passport as my kid.

then things will be a lot easier  B)

so, anyway, like I said our lovely daughter "Jackie" is going to save the family, and guess, she's just 2years old  B)

might be that we need a little luck .. so thanks again  ::D:

ps; don't dream, Amesty International doesn't classify france as a number one .. far from it!

like every where, human rights are baffeled every day, due to laws, security and so on ... like cameras in the street  :o