Builders/building Company

eek

Did a search, but nothing came up for me on this one...

Any recommendations for good reliable builders/ building company? Not a big job, basically some fixing up/repairs on a commercial property prior to opening.

Tnx. :)

We are using buildsabai, not sure if the job is big enough for them but you can call. The lady boss is very nice and speaks prefect English.

Her number 0816022434. www.buildsabai.com is their website. I think they offer reasonable prices.

Walen School, Chaing Mai Branch

This touches on something I have been wondering about lately. Walen may know the answer.

For foreigners, are there restrictions on employing Thais/non-Thais for labour/construction etc.? If we rent property, are we free to be the direct employer of Thais/non-Thais as gardeners, etc?

P.S. Does visa status affect this?

Edited by WaiWai

I'm afraid this is not possible to employ people legally without work permits if they are not Thai. Normal Thai laws apply. If they are Thai you can employ them directly and pay cash.

Walen School

Thanks, macwalen.

We are using buildsabai, not sure if the job is big enough for them but you can call. The lady boss is very nice and speaks prefect English.

Her number 0816022434. www.buildsabai.com is their website. I think they offer reasonable prices.

Walen School, Chaing Mai Branch

Khun Waan obtained her Masters in Building Management from the States. She speaks English very well and understands farang expectations.

If the OP wants to save money and still have a reasonable job done, than ask around and use local people for any building work, alterations and repairs.

3 years ago, I purchased some land, bought all the building materials myself for house building and used local builders to build my house that I designed myself.

The completed project finished exactly to my specifications and saved millions of baht by going this route rather than using the Internet real estate agents and glorified so-called experts, who expect one to pay way over the top Farang prices.

Oh no Kensington don't charge anymore than most normal companies. Value for service and quality is excellent. It's why one of their builds won the Conde Nast Award in May 2008 in Chiang Mai and last year Vanstones International voted then best house builders I believe in Asia....they must be doing something right :) Did a wonderful job of my home. I could not be happier. Its a magic combination of Thai and English skills. Their General manager at the time was a well known Thai Chiang Mai resident with a lovely family whose wife teaches at the Chiang Mai University in architecture. The Thai foreman was a super guy and I liked all their team. Good people indeed.