Champions League Final - Next Week

New2Samui

Hi everyone,

As I'm sure all footie (well, Utd) fans are, I can't wait for the Champions League 3am final next week... I got the Thursday and Friday off work so expecting it to get fairly messy!!

Does anyone have any solid recommendations for the best place to watch it in Bangkok? I think a fairly large/busy place will have the best atmosphere but preferably not sardines!! Any open air screens being setup for it?

And of course, any Utd fans here, get in touch! Let's all meet up for a proper session!

Hi everyone,

As I'm sure all footie (well, Utd) fans are, I can't wait for the Champions League 3am final next week... I got the Thursday and Friday off work so expecting it to get fairly messy!!

Does anyone have any solid recommendations for the best place to watch it in Bangkok? I think a fairly large/busy place will have the best atmosphere but preferably not sardines!! Any open air screens being setup for it?

And of course, any Utd fans here, get in touch! Let's all meet up for a proper session!

I think if there are enough fans willing to watch the game that Brian of the Crossbar ( Mr Toad's watering hole) might stay open if asked and it was organised properly with people certain to attend.

Its a good pub, good beer and food too where a number of us on the footie forum go regularily.

Pity I can not attend as back in WET Scotland.

Come on Man Utd.

BT

Hi everyone,

I think if there are enough fans willing to watch the game that Brian of the Crossbar ( Mr Toad's watering hole) might stay open if asked and it was organised properly with people certain to attend.

Its a good pub, good beer and food too where a number of us on the footie forum go regularily.

Come on Man Utd.

BT

Yeah, I reckon Brian may well open for it. Have asked Cockdown to ask, as he's in there now.

Hopefully, he will be open, and I reckon there'll be a fair few in, including Barca fans.

Hi everyone,

Come on Man Utd.

BT

Yeah, I reckon Brian may well open for it. Have asked Cockdown to ask, as he's in there now.

Hopefully, he will be open, and I reckon there'll be a fair few in, including Barca fans.

Long time ago when i live in BKK always outside what is now Central World had big screens I guess no more hey OK live the Dream and support the Team

As it's so late don't know if there are any "official" openings, but I was in the Londoner in Bangkok last year and they just had a lockdown at closing time and had no problems. Was a good party atmosphere there with a lot of people there but the true fans of both clubs made sure to reserve seats at the front near the big screen, while losers like me were left trying to find views of smaller TV screens. Turned out alright in the end, just drank a lot as I couldn't care much for either team. I did get to see most the match, though.

As it's so late don't know if there are any "official" openings, but I was in the Londoner in Bangkok last year and they just had a lockdown at closing time and had no problems. Was a good party atmosphere there with a lot of people there but the true fans of both clubs made sure to reserve seats at the front near the big screen, while losers like me were left trying to find views of smaller TV screens. Turned out alright in the end, just drank a lot as I couldn't care much for either team. I did get to see most the match, though.

you are one dedicated LP fan mate. :)

Indeed, I was cheering against Man U, and thus that meant I had to be cheering for Chelsea.

Is it just me or can anyone else not figure out why they don't have the CL final on a Saturday?

Usually, one would think that having a larger potential TV audience would be something FIFA - UEFA - Platipuss etc would be looking for no?

(this is the downside of being a ManUtd fan I guess - too many late mid week evenings in May)

Indeed, I was cheering against Man U, and thus that meant I had to be cheering for Chelsea.

i WAS IN THE LONDONER LAST YEAR AND IT WAS A GOOD CRACK. I EMAILED THEM (sorry bout capitals) and they said they are not sure if they will be showing it this year. I will keep u posted. The utd bar are defo showing it.

Jim, how could you stay up and watch Utd at 2 in the morning in the biggest club match in world football, when you are a liverpool fan??

Is it just me or can anyone else not figure out why they don't have the CL final on a Saturday?

Usually, one would think that having a larger potential TV audience would be something FIFA - UEFA - Platipuss etc would be looking for no?

(this is the downside of being a ManUtd fan I guess - too many late mid week evenings in May)

James, from next season the final will be on Saturdays.

come on Utd

Yeah, The Londoner often has lock ins for certain games. I watched the Rugby Union World Cup Final in there last year. Our group ended up baggsing the Bat cave, which is the private room. Much better than being in the main area. :)

Cheers guys, yeah good shout, I know the Utd bar in Soi 11... and it's right next to Spicy Club which is always a bonus... oooh it's gonna be a messy one!!

See you down there then :)

COME ON UTD!

had this email from the Londoner this morning

Dear Khun John,

Just a quick note to let you know that we will not show the UEFA Champions League Final match next Wednesday.

I am sorry for your inconvenience.

However, please kindly let me know if you would like to see the FA Cup Final on Saturday 30th May at the Londoner. The game starts from 9 pm. Please kindly make a booking at 02-261-0238/9 at your convenience.

Regards,

Ruchirat

I will probally watch it in the Utd bar now with a few fellow mancuians in tow. hopefully see you there lads.

The United bar will be open at 2.00am for sure?

Interesting!

There is no mention on there website mufbthai.com about the game, gave them a call but that did not get me very far ,

I have yet to see this place open past 1 am , will be down that way Sat, so will go in and ask , not even sure if they have the right TV feed ,

The United bar will be open at 2.00am for sure?

Interesting!

There is no mention on there website mufbthai.com about the game, gave them a call but that did not get me very far ,

I have yet to see this place open past 1 am , will be down that way Sat, so will go in and ask , not even sure if they have the right TV feed ,

I sit corrected, just got an e-mail reply back from Man U Bar , saying

We open for the Champions League final on the 27th May. Thank to interest in our restaurant. We looking forward to see you soon

Just been e-mailed by Brian @ The Crossbar

They will be showing the game. Need to be in be before 12.30 as he will put the shutters down. :D

Why did Brian e'mail you Toady ? Would it not have been better if he had :D just leaned over the bar and TOLD you personally :D

Seriously hope you and the guys have a great night with a great win for Man Utd - THAT will keep Brian happy :D

Tell Fletch not to spend all his winnings until the Toe returns and congratulations to Craig in pipping you in the last week. :)

BT :D