A Very Screwy Thing

I know that this is a very strange question; but has anyone else had an alarming number of disappearances of tire valve caps?

Gotta love Thailand. When I lived in Winnipeg you worrried about entire tires going missing, in Vancouver its the whole car. :o

But yeah...that does sound weird. :D

cv

I know that this is a very strange question; but has anyone else had an alarming number of disappearances of tire valve caps?

Does anyone else pay attention to such things? And are they alarmed, as well? :o

For me, I've lost 'em over the years, but never an alarming number- how many is an 'alarming number', by the way? :D

Strange that you should ask that but.........no. :o

Are you losing them off a car or m/c?

Does anyone else pay attention to such things? And are they alarmed, as well? :o

For me, I've lost 'em over the years, but never an alarming number- how many is an 'alarming number', by the way? :D

I know it is sort of silly. But over the last year I have lost 10 - 12 of them. I screw them on tightly....and I don't think they unscrew themselves while the tire rotates. It is just sort of odd. Not that it costs much to replace...but I wonder if some people collect these things...when I lived in the UK and the USA I never had this tiny problem.

Does anyone else pay attention to such things? And are they alarmed, as well? :D

Losing 9 in one go from a car would be an alarming number. :o

Does anyone else pay attention to such things? And are they alarmed, as well? :D

Losing 9 in one go from a car would be an alarming number. :D

Maybe something like 'pass it on'... Where did he say he got the replacements from? :o

:D

The dust caps in Thailand are crap quality.

If you screw them on tight they crack just below the tip and fall of.

But, there were no bits left on the shaft. And, these caps seemed strong...and my first set were supplied by the dealer: Mercedes Benz. My wife thinks that the drivers in the building swipe them as I'm the only resident who likes to drive his own car.

But, there were no bits left on the shaft. And, these caps seemed strong...and my first set were supplied by the dealer: Mercedes Benz. My wife thinks that the drivers in the building swipe them as I'm the only resident who likes to drive his own car.

It's a conspiracy!! One day your'll get half a cap back through the post with a ransom demand! :o

It's a conspiracy!! One day your'll get half a cap back through the post with a ransom demand! :o

Maybe he/she is just a collector of tire valve caps....they seem to go two at a time; so he/she are a couple.

Thats right, the whole thing falls of.

I used to loose them regularly.

Now I do not screw them on tight and have not lost any for years.

Try it.