Best Way To Send Original Visa Documents To Thailand

Not sure if the right forum, but what is the best way to send original documents to Thailand to support a Visa Application?

I have heard the Thai Postal service is somewhat unreliable....

Thanks

Brian

Hey

DHL seems to be quite right

Not sure if the right forum, but what is the best way to send original documents to Thailand to support a Visa Application?

Thanks

Brian

Whenever I have anything sent to me in Thailand I've firstly made sure they've been sent registered mail and secondly I've written my address out in Thai as well as English and emailed that to the person in the

UK sending the letter so they can print it off and use it as an address label. From past experience I've found that if the address is just in English some letters just don't arrive and even registered mail is delayed

whereas if the letter also has the address in Thai it always arrives (so far :) ) and isn't delayed at all.

A Thai friend of mine who lives in the UK started to send money to Thailand, in cash, by registered mail because, he said, it was 'cheaper' than bank charges but on the third occasion when he sent £1000 the letter

went missing.....................IN ENGLAND (it was traced to the international sorting office in Birmingham but never left there). And the post Office refused to refund him because money is not insured in registered

mail.

Will just add that I don't live in a tourist area so 1.the postman probably isn't used to searching through the 'farang' mail being sent to their G/F and 2.the delivery postman probably can't read the address if it's

just in English so the letter just 'floats around until a postman who can read English is given it to deliver. That actually happened to one letter sent to me.

Thanks

Brian

TO ? Thailand ( How could you use THAI post ?)

Depends on 'your' country of residence:

Check with your local post office, or use a recognised courier: FedEx, DHL etc.

I have sent documents via "EMS Express Courier" purchased at Australia Post at a cost of AUD 43.00.

Took 3 days from OZ to Bangkok AND I had my sister mail it with both English and THAI address label which I sent to her to avoid potential problems with delivery

(better NOT to send originals - even registered they could be lost/destroyed - for applications only 'certified copies are required - If the Embassy requires to see 'originals' worry about that IF and when they ask.)

Cheers guys, I sent international signed for with Royal Mail (UK)

She stays in an apartment in Sukhumvit 36, Bangkok so is not rural.

I once sent my ex a mobile phone to the slums in Klong Toey and she received it ok, this was just standard parcel as well.

I guess I was lucky, well maybe not, she hawked it a couple of days later :)