Real Estate Slow Down

cigarchuck

Is fair properties out of business? A Few days ago office was closed. Have any of the major real estate brokers closed? Have a two bedroom condo for rent. What real estate firm would you recommend? :)

There is a thread right now on Fair Properties that might be of interest to you......on the Pattaya Forum. To save time, they are saying don't use them.

:D

Is fair properties out of business? A Few days ago office was closed. Have any of the major real estate brokers closed? Have a two bedroom condo for rent. What real estate firm would you recommend? :)

There is a thread right now on Fair Properties that might be of interest to you......on the Pattaya Forum. To save time, they are saying don't use them.

Thank you for the information. Are there any other firms one should avoid?

Why use any of the Pattaya real-estate pimpsters? Just put a few adverts up at the usual spots around town, advertise it on TV, Craig's List, and some of the Pattaya forums, and keep the commission for yourself. That's all a pimp would do anyway.

Why use any of the Pattaya real-estate pimpsters? Just put a few adverts up at the usual spots around town, advertise it on TV, Craig's List, and some of the Pattaya forums, and keep the commission for yourself. That's all a pimp would do anyway.

Thank you for the information. Will try what you suggest. However, do people go into real estate stores looking for properties that are listed?

:D

Thank you for the information. Are there any other firms one should avoid?

Definitely avoid CCP in Jomtien Complex on the main road. used to be called PBRL and pimp is too good a word for the guy who runs it. Ask all the guys who are suing him. Thaihus are in cahoots with them also, another one to avoid

Thank you for the information. Will try what you suggest. However, do people go into real estate stores looking for properties that are listed?

Cigarchuck, please be advised that Fairproperties is a company that I used previously for the rentals of my condos. They kept the money from the rentals, they did eventually pay some of the money owed me. They still owe me 20,000 baht which they stole. They will rent your condos and if you are out of countrytell you they are not rented, when they are, and steal your money. I had to have my friends go and take the keys back and kick a person out of my condo. He was paying Fairproperties, but the money was not getting put into my bank account which I check weekly. For a large company like this to rip people off is a a disgrace. You have been warned my friend.

Cigarchuck, please be advised that Fairproperties is a company that I used previously for the rentals of my condos. They kept the money from the rentals, they did eventually pay some of the money owed me. They still owe me 20,000 baht which they stole. They will rent your condos and if you are out of countrytell you they are not rented, when they are, and steal your money. I had to have my friends go and take the keys back and kick a person out of my condo. He was paying Fairproperties, but the money was not getting put into my bank account which I check weekly. For a large company like this to rip people off is a a disgrace. You have been warned my friend.

This kind of information is really helpful. Also, about pbrl. Does anyone have any good real estate firms to recommend? A good office location might attract walk in customers?

This kind of information is really helpful. Also, about pbrl. Does anyone have any good real estate firms to recommend? A good office location might attract walk in customers?

had a coupleof good experiences with Alan Bolton agents near soi6 and Bangkok Bank on Second Road.

The number of real estate agents in trouble in Patts & Jomtien is incredible,watch this space over the next 6 months you'll see a lot of the supposed reputable ones folding.There a dozen or more with Court cases pending abt owing people money.I would be very very careful dealing with any of them right now.I wont put names,even though I think we should name & shame,as admin will ban me for it.

EPG.

The number of real estate agents in trouble in Patts & Jomtien is incredible,watch this space over the next 6 months you'll see a lot of the supposed reputable ones folding.There a dozen or more with Court cases pending abt owing people money.I would be very very careful dealing with any of them right now.I wont put names,even though I think we should name & shame,as admin will ban me for it.

EPG.

Why would you think that? There have been at least 4 mentioned already. If someone is rotten enough to swindle people out of money, then they should be named. The fact that many court cases are scheduled means that something is not right. Ones with multiple court cases give food for thought. I am unaware of any reason that this cannot be made public. Not unheard of here for some agents to be in real trouble and still taking money from the unsuspecting people they intend to dupe.

EPG.

Why would you think that? There have been at least 4 mentioned already. If someone is rotten enough to swindle people out of money, then they should be named. The fact that many court cases are scheduled means that something is not right. Ones with multiple court cases give food for thought. I am unaware of any reason that this cannot be made public. Not unheard of here for some agents to be in real trouble and still taking money from the unsuspecting people they intend to dupe.

Well who is going to do the " naming " ? :D Why should expatgaz or any other TV member stick their necks out

and risk being sued for libel by naming organisations and people? That's why

the Thai government should get off their ar**s and undertake some meaningful

regulation of this business. There is no reason or justification not to have a form of licensing where they can at least be

monitored and controlled so the risk the public end up losing their dough can at least be reduced. :)

Edited by midas

A good office location might attract walk in customers?

Nope. Don't walk in. Those people haven't had a sale........and they got a family to feed.

You tell them that you only want to rent a place and the outcome is hostile.

It happpened to me.

Well who is going to do the " naming " ? Why should expatgaz or any other TV member stick their necks out

and risk being sued for libel by naming organisations and people?

At least 3 doubtful companies have been named already by TV members in this thread alone. It happens. If the companies concerned are well run, give value for money and appear to be in the clear, then libel suits SHOULD start flying.

but somehow I doubt it

Well who is going to do the " naming " ? Why should expatgaz or any other TV member stick their necks out

and risk being sued for libel by naming organisations and people?

At least 3 doubtful companies have been named already by TV members in this thread alone. It happens. If the companies concerned are well run, give value for money and appear to be in the clear, then libel suits SHOULD start flying.

but somehow I doubt it

I always thought libel was if you lied about someone or something? I was robbed, money owed to me was not paid to me , but kept by Fairproperties. I had no choice but to regain control of my properties and use another company that hopefully will not do the same. So if some members on thai visa had the same done to them, I feel they owe there fellow expats the decency of a warnng. I agree, that libel suits would start flying BUT FOR THE FACT THAT THEY ARE QUILTY and would not want to incriminate themselves by doing so!

EPG.

Well who is going to do the " naming " ? :D Why should expatgaz or any other TV member stick their necks out

regulation of this business. There is no reason or justification not to have a form of licensing where they can at least be

monitored and controlled so the risk the public end up losing their dough can at least be reduced. :)

I don't understand. Could anyone explain a little about the law? If a person is hurt financially or knows someone that was hurt by a firm and/or agent they are not allowed to tell anybody or talk about it? The fair property warning may have prevented me from having a big problem. If I request help on what real estate firms to avoid, because they are actual reports of unethical practices is this against the law? If so, I with draw the question

How about naming some honest, hardworking agents?

Both Alan Bolton and Clayton Wade (Premier Homes) have been around Pattaya for over a decade.

Both these agents are professional and honest.

There is a new agent - Bobby Brooks - who has been in business for over 2 years. He was a very successful broker in Hawaii and has been quite successful here. He is both professional and honest.

With the lack of licensing and governmental oversight regarding the retailing of real estate here in Thailand, it comes as no surprise that rogue agents will take advantage of the situation.

Perhaps some other recommendations can be given on this thread.

WARNING

Google'd their web site and was stopped by my "WEB BROWSER" with the following message:

post-20091-1243068571_thumb.jpgpost-20091-1243068723_thumb.jpg

Malware detected...

How about naming some honest, hardworking agents?

Both Alan Bolton and Clayton Wade (Premier Homes) have been around Pattaya for over a decade.

Both these agents are professional and honest.

There is a new agent - Bobby Brooks - who has been in business for over 2 years. He was a very successful broker in Hawaii and has been quite successful here. He is both professional and honest.

With the lack of licensing and governmental oversight regarding the retailing of real estate here in Thailand, it comes as no surprise that rogue agents will take advantage of the situation.

Perhaps some other recommendations can be given on this thread.

I talked to Bobby Brooks and he seemed to be be very knowledgeable about the real estate market and made a good impression.

EPG.

I don't understand. Could anyone explain a little about the law? If a person is hurt financially or knows someone that was hurt by a firm and/or agent they are not allowed to tell anybody or talk about it? The fair property warning may have prevented me from having a big problem. If I request help on what real estate firms to avoid, because they are actual reports of unethical practices is this against the law? If so, I with draw the question

cigarchuck it's clear that problems are happening in Bangkok as well as Pattaya.

You might wish to read the warning given by one of the moderators in this thread

and this is why you have to be careful about naming anyone.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Naming-Shaming-t267773.html

That's why I think in view of the times were living in with so many scams and dishonest

people around the only effective way to handle this is through a government agency.

They can make money by charging for licenses and setting high standards

like in other countries

I never understand why it seems most farangs feel the need to deal with a real estate agent to buy, sell, or lease/rent property to begin with. It's the same phenomenon in the West (at least USA) but there is nothing magical or complicated about most standard house/condo transactions and no reason to give some joker 5% or more of the purchase price to walk you through it. All these property agencies in town proves that the profit margins are too big and that an unnecessarily expense service is being provided. Do you see Thai property agencies on every corner...of course not...they are not so stupid to cut someone into the transaction for basically doing what the buyer/sellers can do themselves.

Just find the property you want by walking around or searching the notice boards around town (or the web) and when you have agreed to the terms of the transaction, have a qualified Thai lawyer or notary/accountant prepare the paperwork and do the title checks and there you have it. The same is easily done when selling a property.