Internet Call-by-call Dialup

AsiaWolfie

I have a TOT line in the house I moved in lately. TOT provides an internet connection at 9 Baht an hour. is there any better deal available with TOT ? can I connect to other providers by dialing a special prefix to surf on a call-by-call basis ? are there flatrates available for modem-connection ? thanks for any detailled informations.....

thanks for the information....yes I live at BKK indeed.....

Astral, how do I apply for this Pacific-package ? and is the system reliable ? cause some time ago I bought a 7-day-unlimited-access-prepaid-card with KSC and the line was busy all the time......

and why is the 1222-number dreaded ?

if its a local number to call, will I have to pay extra charge for that local call ? and what about Ji-net ? do you know the website of those companies ?

yes thats what I am scared of......paying for a flatrate and experiencing a busy line all the time.....so are there other options to use on a TOT line for a call-by-call-sytem ? and at what rates ? or does even TOT offer something like a flatrate ?

thats seems to be a good deal, JOKA, I am going to give it a try.....thanks for advice....

I use Sharkbyte (JI-net) 179 baht for 15 days, right now some 5 day bonus packs about.

I have had no problems with 1222 (except I must admit this Saturday I had to try 4 times to get on out of three months not bad next Saturday I will dial in at 730am) , I too remain connected all day lost it only a couple of times.

All in all I have had no problems but I am in Pattaya.

A great benefit is you can change your log in name and password after initial sign on and retain it with each new card.

Edited by fisherd3

Just about to move into an apartment with a TOT line. The landlord tells me the cost of the phone is 5 Baht per minute.

Question:

When you buy a dialup package does this dial a free number so the package is all you pay for?

No , you buy the package then you pay one local call which I believed was 3bht everytime you connect, whether for 5 mins or 5 hours. I have a TOT line.

Is it a direct line or is your landlord cutting himself into the action?

Edited by fisherd3

3 baht per local call connection, not 5 baht a minute. Sounds like your landlord is charging way too much, definitely cutting himself into the action.

I have had great difficulty connecting through 1222 but then I am on a TT&T line, so perhaps that has something to do with it? Just as an FYI for TT&T customers, they have an unlimited internet access called t-net n-rich, cost around 360 baht a month. It does disconnect you every 3 hours tho.

wow.....thats unbelievable....if your landlord charges you 5 baht per MINUTE (even for a dead cheap local landline-call) then he is crazy and a criminal and needs to be sent to jail immidiately.....you better carefully study the lease-contracts before signing, as there may be other "surprises" to discover.....for example: Fee for using the toilet flush: 50 Baht each ;-)

Sorry if you I have mislead. landlord says 5 baht per minute per call. Not Internet package.

Is this the standard rate of a TOT line private line local calls ?

John

As SBK already said a local phone call costs 3 baht per call under the normal plans and there is no time charge. I believe landlord may be saying 5 baht per call if no Internet is provided as believe apartments will normally charge a bit extra as they are responsible for payments. You can have cell phone service for less than 5 baht per minute (much less).

If you live in Bangkok or Chonburi then look for the Pacific Whizz package.

Costs 450 baht for unlimited use for a month, and utilises local dial

numbers, not the dreaded 1222.

whats bad with 1222????

i use 1222 all the time and so far never found it engaged....

i primarily use it at bangkok....never encountered problems while on travel to any province....

just the catch is that uve gotta be on TOT or TT&T in the provinces....

maybe a year ago 1222 may have sucked....but not thesedays.

whats bad with 1222????

i use 1222 all the time and so far never found it engaged....

i primarily use it at bangkok....never encountered problems while on travel to any province....

just the catch is that uve gotta be on TOT or TT&T in the provinces....

maybe a year ago 1222 may have sucked....but not thesedays.

I didn't say it was engaged.

I found it to be slow and unreliable, with frequent disconnections before the 3 hour limit.

I didn't say it was engaged.

I found it to be slow and unreliable, with frequent disconnections before the 3 hour limit.

I find it quite fast, same as other numbers...

which package have you tried?

ive used KSC 7days, e-go 15 days and some smart 30 days unlimited packaged and managed to stay connected for full days.

in fact we use 1222 in one of our offices in hatyai, and the net is connected from 9am to 5/6pm with no distruption of the service.....since this is in a remote place, the only problem is that when we have some thunder storms, we may get disconnected, but that would happen with any phone company...