War Firearms Found In House Of International School Owner

george

So now the interesting question...WHY were they searching the house of an owner to an international school?

One never knows in Thailand. Courts often leave stamped and signed warrants with the police without even knowing for what purpose the warrants will be used. I suppose that if they haven't found anything they would have made up or found another reason. The system is far more dangerous than the owner.

Well, hopefully she wasn't just getting ready for the opening of the school year!

LOL The Bangkok branch of St Trinians... :D

Siam International School provides an American based curriculum with an international emphasis.

So it would seem... :)

So funny and So True. by an American Expat of 25 yrs

quite how such a woman ends up with the power to make decisions that could and did ruin childrens educations is beyond me. if you go to the thai labour department and mention Siam International School, they will laugh.

i remember she went to an eductation fair one day, at whcih some schools like Harrow etc, had a string orchestra playing. her response to that - fire the music teacher, as Siam dont have a string orchestra.

for all the people she royally fuc_ked over, i pray that she goes down. of course..... she wont.

I think that a lot of Thai run 'English Programmes' and Thai run 'International Schools' are very similar to this. A lot of strife with internal politics over who heads up the programme/school and who has power over the purse strings. It has to be remembered that out here the education of children is quite low down on the list of priorities of these 'fonts of knowledge'. Indeed, it would be fair to say most if not all are simply cash cows. Certainly it was like that and still is when I taught in the English Programme at PDS. Many of the parents choose the school for its connections rather than the education it provides. Moreover, such programmes are famous for being 'open to interpretation' when it comes to the grading of exams and students from influencial/connected families. Therefore, it is not unusual for the admin to royally screw the Western faculty rather than face any inherent weaknesses in their programmes. In fact, that is the most acceptable route as it is the path of least resistance, minimal loss of face for the Thai admin (blame it all on the farang) and therefore in line with Budhist tennets. :)

So now the interesting question...WHY were they searching the house of an owner to an international school?

One never knows in Thailand. Courts often leave stamped and signed warrants with the police without even knowing for what purpose the warrants will be used. I suppose that if they haven't found anything they would have made up or found another reason. The system is far more dangerous than the owner.

The "system" was planning an armed assault on a school yard full of children with automatic assault rifles and grenades? :)

Edited by sriracha john

I may or may not know someone who works at this school. Madness. There seem to be too many power hungry people in Thailand who go crazy and start thinking it's ok to kill others to reach their goals of being worshipped as a god on earth, heard stories like this before.

he was eventually forced out, leaving her in sole control of the school. this woman is an unhinged lunatic.

Wow, true Class A Thai soap opera material! Something doesn't add up though (unless the lunacy bit does explain everything). If she's in total control of the school why would she want to have a hit done on said X-hubby at that very place? And with all those weapons? Nah, this has gotta be something else. She could get him knocked off by using two guys on a motorcycle armed with a single pistol to tail him and pop him off in downtown traffic..in true classic fashion.

How did the X get to drop a dime on her? If he's not allowed in the school, do you think he'd be allowed in the house where the arsenal was stashed? I assume he didn't know about it but then who was the leak?

Also, what is it with these looneys running schools? Is this a trend, you're a psycho, you run an IS? A few years back I worked for another IS female owner who was also extremely unstable. Her daughter was also a bit neurotic. Are there many more like this? Do they all eat at the same restaurant? Is it the money? Don't laugh, it's been known to do strange stuff to people if administered in large dosages specially in the initial stages. Rags to riches stories were the individuals just lose it after a while?

DB

he was eventually forced out, leaving her in sole control of the school. this woman is an unhinged lunatic.

Wow, true Class A Thai soap opera material! Something doesn't add up though (unless the lunacy bit does explain everything). If she's in total control of the school why would she want to have a hit done on said X-hubby at that very place?

[...]

I guess the plot is so thick that you need to read both pages of the thread to understand it:

"eventually all the parents forced her to leave, threatening to withraw their kids from the school, at which point the husband regained control." (post #24)

/ Priceless

And with all those weapons? Nah, this has gotta be something else. She could get him knocked off by using two guys on a motorcycle armed with a single pistol to tail him and pop him off in downtown traffic..in true classic fashion.

In a domestic disturbance like this ugly a divorce proceeding, that sort of impersonal, cold, and detached emotion doesn't enter into it as a means of doing away with their former partner. The true satisfaction of the overwhelming emotional attachments comes with the complete annihilation of their adversary, often through barbaric and extremely violent means.

It's why in a domestic stabbing murder, the victim is stabbed 47 times or some such absurdly overkill number or why the disgruntled partner ran over their former loved one 19 times with a pick-up truck.

Domestic violence crime scenes are often the most blood-splattered and gruesome ones a police investigator will encounter.

Edited by sriracha john

Ok, just found I do know more than one person working there, good night that's crazy. Know one guy quite well, too. Evidently there was a rumor that they were going to plant bombs at the graduation, which seriously freaked out the parents, of course. Unbelievable. These are rumors, of course, but it's clear this lady went off the rails. Hopefully she's locked away for good. That's quite heavy, to think of my friend working there. Amazing Thailand.

in my time at the school, we were always discussing the entertainment potential of the place. all sorts was going on there - wish i had a picture of the woman to show you guys.... a LOT of make up. plastic face. huge fake tits. still got a few friends who work there...they came halfway through my two year contract....suprisingly enough noone re signs for an extra spell....

however perhaps the cache of weapons may have a connection with the schools unlikely and recent WASC accreditation?

Oddly enough or not I have the same fire arms in my collection int the USA however; I'm fresh out of grenades!

Obviously you are a sportsman and use them for hunting. Very sporting. :)

He uses them for shooting "cans"....you know...Americans, Mexicans, Puerto Ricans, Canadians...etc.

dam_n talk about a bitch in heat! or packing it atleast. Guess she wanted to ressurect Columbine...that would be great for the image of this nation...100 kids, 20 Western teachers, and husband gunned down in English school by former owner...

As for the authorities...maybe the government needs to pay more attention to people storing such things, there are so many groups (red, yellow, pattani) to name a few who are willing to attack it.

I assure all that it is a real school having worked there for a number of years. From what I understand they are in dispute over the ownership of the school having borrowed large amounts of money from here and there to build the massive place. The Siam gossip mill beleives they failed to make repayments to God knows who and the school has been siezed by lenders. The former owners appear to be trying to get back what they think they are owed. Who knows what they were going to do with the weapons ~ it may have been to take ownership back of the school by force or to recoup what they could - perhaps to scare them at their homes or worse, the school. Siam International School is a sad example of people trying to get rich very quickly with Education as the guise. They may have started with the best intentions but somehow as time went on, in their attempt to save costs due to falling enrolements, things became more and more desperate with the former owners taking more and more control with little or no experience in Education at all. In the end the real loosers have been the kids with dodgy education coupled with scant resources. Let this serve as a lesson to us all.

Oddly enough or not I have the same fire arms in my collection int the USA however; I'm fresh out of grenades!

Obviously you are a sportsman and use them for hunting. Very sporting. :D

I would never harm an animal! And grenades are quite dangerous; it is much safer to fish with dynamite no shrapnel through the hull of the boat if you know what I mean....

I've always been a fan of expanding bait :)