The Super Bowl Xxxix !

Narachon

I know that Thai Visa is populated mostly by English Soccer fans, but for the 1% of the American Football fans here, who are your picks for the Superbowl? And are you going to be watching the big game?

( I know it's a silly question, seeing that the game will be taking place in the Morning Thailand time. )

Looks like The Patriots will be getting their third Superbowl ring in like four years!

QB for the Eagles, Donavan Mcnabee has the fewest turnovers during the regular and Postseason, but Tom Brady ( QB for Patriots ) never makes mistakes in huge games, like this one.

While I don't follow the Pats or the Eagles during the regular season ( My New York Jets Blew it in the Post Season :o )

I say it will be New England!

.....And I can't stand Boston! :D

:D

I think your are right about the pats winning again. They are amazing. There coach is awesome. I am a Steeler fan and thought for sure we were going to the big dance after sqeeking by your jets. You have to give it to them Pats, they are tough. As for the eagles, well let's just say they are the best of the NFC. That ain't saying much.

I already looking foreward to next year.

PKG

As for the eagles, well let's just say they are the best of the NFC. That ain't saying much.

PKG

Pats are favored by a TD, and I think the Eagles have to play an extraordinary game to take them. You are right on about the Eagles being the best of the NFC -- AFC is a much stronger conference. I am an Atlanta fan and thought they had a shot this year, but ...

Brady is just too good and the Eagles are just average even with T.O. back.

I am more of college football fan and my Florida State Seminoles are still trying to climb back into the national title hunt. Perhaps this year?

• 4 months later...

Hope some of the 1% is still around! :o

If you'll check my email address, I think you'll know where my heart lies. ([email protected]). Been a Pats fan since the team was created in 1960. I waited 42 years for them to finally win a Super Bowl, and now they've won 3 of the last 4! (Photo avatar is of me in the stadium following our victory over the Eagles last year!) That's why I'm now content to leave the USA! :D

However, I am still not going to be able to simply turn off my love for the game, and, more specifically, for my team. I'll be able to be in touch via my Patriots fans email group, which includes people from all over the U.S., plus Japan, England, Germany, and South Africa. Quite a fun group, many of whom have attended games on an annual group trek, including, of course, the additional Super Bowl bonuses recently.

So, when I move, how do I get my NFL fix? Are NFL games broadcast live on any standard over-the-air or cableThai TV stations? If so, what is the frequency of live broadcasts of NFL games? Come playoff time, are those games available?

Help me out, fellow Americans. I'd hate to have to watch my DVDs of Patriot's games over and over again to satisfy my needs for my lifelong love of the game! :D

George

As for the eagles, well let's just say they are the best of the NFC. That ain't saying much.

PKG

Pats are favored by a TD, and I think the Eagles have to play an extraordinary game to take them. You are right on about the Eagles being the best of the NFC -- AFC is a much stronger conference. I am an Atlanta fan and thought they had a shot this year, but ...

Brady is just too good and the Eagles are just average even with T.O. back.

I am more of college football fan and my Florida State Seminoles are still trying to climb back into the national title hunt. Perhaps this year?

Edited by patsfangr

Redskins – I know, I know, the owner is a major pain. But hey Toxin isn’t no prince charming and we all still love Thialand. :D

The Skins’ have the defense and if Mr. Gibbs can get the WR’s to perform we may just be able to surprise some people – especially the Iggls. :o

Redskins – I know, I know, the owner is a major pain.  But hey Toxin isn’t no prince charming and we all still love Thialand.  :D

The Skins’ have the defense and if Mr. Gibbs can get the WR’s to perform we may just be able to surprise some people – especially the Iggls.  :D

So, TT, what about my questions regarding TV coverage of the NFL in Thailand? Can you fill me in on that? :o

Where are you from? I had assumed Japen, based upon the handle. But your level of knowledge of the 'Skins would indicate otherwise. :D

I do expect your boys to be better this year, now that Gibbs has an opportunity to reaquaint himself with the game, and the preparation process. I'd expect a better running game with Portis, as the team adapts to Gibbs' system. Your problem remains at QB. Until you get a top caliber guy to run the offense on the field, you're going to be inconsistent. I do agree that the D should be OK, though not dominating.

Anybody over there into Fantasy Football? I just started playing it about 3 years ago, and it's a great diversion and entertainment.

Redskins – I know, I know, the owner is a major pain.  But hey Toxin isn’t no prince charming and we all still love Thialand.   :D

The Skins’ have the defense and if Mr. Gibbs can get the WR’s to perform we may just be able to surprise some people – especially the Iggls.  :D

So, TT, what about my questions regarding TV coverage of the NFL in Thailand? Can you fill me in on that? :o

Where are you from? I had assumed Japen, based upon the handle. But your level of knowledge of the 'Skins would indicate otherwise. :D

I do expect your boys to be better this year, now that Gibbs has an opportunity to reaquaint himself with the game, and the preparation process. I'd expect a better running game with Portis, as the team adapts to Gibbs' system. Your problem remains at QB. Until you get a top caliber guy to run the offense on the field, you're going to be inconsistent. I do agree that the D should be OK, though not dominating.

Anybody over there into Fantasy Football? I just started playing it about 3 years ago, and it's a great diversion and entertainment.

Born and raised in The US of A. I have been in Asia for over five years. Currently living in Tokyo, but moving to Bangkok next month - travel regularly to China, Taiwan, Korea, .....

I know they show tape delayed games on cable, but I am not sure about live. Plus games may be pretty limited. I am sure there will be somewhere to go and see the games, but not sure if you will get to see the Pats every week. I travel quite a bit so I end up listening to many of the games over the internet. Good old Mr. Snyder will not allow NFL.com to relay the Skins games so I can only listen in when they play another team that does allow for the live relay.

As far as the Skins’ I can only hope they improve. While no Skins’ fan will take anything away from Gibbs. I can only hope he has brought in the necessary people to make the offense tick this season. I think the weak link is the WR’s and not the QB. – along with play calling. While Portis is a great back he does not really fit the stero-typical Gibbs offense. They are making changes this year to stretch the plays and give him more room to cut back. We’ll have to see.

I think Gibbs will be more up-to-speed this year. If you remember Gibbs was one of the early coaches to use three wide receiver sets successfully (Monk, Clark, Sanders). I don’t think he had (or has this year) the talent at WR to really stretch the defense. Plus defenses are much more complex now then they were before. I hope for the best.

I use to play FF with some guys at work in the States, and stayed in the first year in Asia. But the time difference made things too difficult to stay in the league. Plus part of the fun of the league was getting together for the draft and to watch games and such. So have not done it in years.

Born and raised in The US of A. I have been in Asia for over five years. Currently living in Tokyo, but moving to Bangkok next month - travel regularly to China, Taiwan, Korea, .....

I know they show tape delayed games on cable, but I am not sure about live. Plus games may be pretty limited. I am sure there will be somewhere to go and see the games, but not sure if you will get to see the Pats every week. I travel quite a bit so I end up listening to many of the games over the internet. Good old Mr. Snyder will not allow NFL.com to relay the Skins games so I can only listen in when they play another team that does allow for the live relay.

As far as the Skins’ I can only hope they improve. While no Skins’ fan will take anything away from Gibbs. I can only hope he has brought in the necessary people to make the offense tick this season. I think the weak link is the WR’s and not the QB. – along with play calling. While Portis is a great back he does not really fit the stero-typical Gibbs offense. They are making changes this year to stretch the plays and give him more room to cut back. We’ll have to see.

I think Gibbs will be more up-to-speed this year. If you remember Gibbs was one of the early coaches to use three wide receiver sets successfully (Monk, Clark, Sanders). I don’t think he had (or has this year) the talent at WR to really stretch the defense. Plus defenses are much more complex now then they were before. I hope for the best.

I use to play FF with some guys at work in the States, and stayed in the first year in Asia. But the time difference made things too difficult to stay in the league. Plus part of the fun of the league was getting together for the draft and to watch games and such. So have not done it in years.

I certainly don't expect to be able to see Patriots games every week. But, as for the time delayed thing, I dealt with that in Shanghai also. Wasn't bad, because I'd just ignore the CNN sports news broadcast, and, to me, the game was "live".

Time difference will be a problem for FF, however. Since you often want to make changes nearly up to kickoff time, based upon injury reports, etc. Of course, I will be retired over there. So maybe I'll just keep my U.S. "internal clock" set where it is, most of the time, and live my life from about 10:00PM to 2:00PM, local time. That puts the NFL right in my comfortable U.S. mid-morning time frame, at about 1:00 AM in Thailand! :o

It won't matter until the 2006 season begins, since I'll be retiring at the end of March. My wife will travel over there to buy our house sometime within the next 1-2 months. But she will return here, and the house will be occupied by one of our neices, with whom we're very close. She's a nice, sensible 40+ woman now. So that will work out fine for us. Plan is actually for her to share the house with us when we move. That's why we're looking for a relatively large place, 3-4 bedrooms, 200 sq mtr + living space, and at least 100 sq wah of land.

Just wanted to remind you that the 'Skins now have a former Patriot in there WR corps, David Patten. He's a genuine deep threat, has a great attitude, and obviously knows what it takes to win. A solid guy that we loved here. - George

Redskins – I know, I know, the owner is a major pain.  But hey Toxin isn’t no prince charming and we all still love Thialand.   :D

Yes Patten and Moss are both new deep threats for the Skins. But neither have shown the consistency necessary to carry a heavy load of the #1, and #2 WR’s. Moss has been injury prone and Patten had the luxury of a system/coach that is excellent at working with the talent they have and minimizing exposure of any weaknesses. I think this is the Pats #1 reason for repeated success – a coaching staff that has the flexibility to not only work with the talent they have (and not b*tch about lack of talent), and to utilize that talent in an almost constantly evolving scheme (both on offense and defense) that prevents teams from pinpointing weaknesses and then exploiting those weaknesses.

Not to take too much away from the players, but I think the credit for most of the success is in the front office and coaching staff for the Pats. I think many of the players realize this as well. Many people have commented on the deals some of the better players for the Pats have been willing to accept (even Brady). I think part of the reason these players are accepting these deals have to do with a fear of being “exposed” in a different system. Not to say that Brady would fail with a different team or under a different system. But he knows the coaching staff with the Pats will give him every chance to succeed. If he were to roll the dice and try it with another team that may not be the case. The system, set of players, and/or coaching staff at a different team may not suit the skills as well as where they are now. This maybe something we see with Patten (I hope not).

He showed a certain skill level with the Pats. But he will be asked to do some different things with the Skins’ and I am not sure the system will match as well with his skill set. Some times when a player moves to another team they are “exposed” due to true flaws or faults of the player. Sometimes they are wrongfully blamed for a drop in performance or lack of skills due to a bad “fit” in the new team scheme.

Yes Patten and Moss are both new deep threats for the Skins.  But neither have shown the consistency necessary to carry a heavy load of the #1, and #2 WR’s.  Moss has been injury prone and Patten had the luxury of a system/coach that is excellent at working with the talent they have and minimizing exposure of any weaknesses.  I think this is the Pats #1 reason for repeated success – a coaching staff that has the flexibility to not only work with the talent they have (and not b*tch about lack of talent), and to utilize that talent in an almost constantly evolving scheme (both on offense and defense) that prevents teams from pinpointing weaknesses and then exploiting those weaknesses. 

Not to take too much away from the players, but I think the credit for most of the success is in the front office and coaching staff for the Pats.  I think many of the players realize this as well.  Many people have commented on the deals some of the better players for the Pats have been willing to accept (even Brady).  I think part of the reason these players are accepting these deals have to do with a fear of being “exposed” in a different system.  Not to say that Brady would fail with a different team or under a different system.  But he knows the coaching staff with the Pats will give him every chance to succeed.  If he were to roll the dice and try it with another team that may not be the case.  The system, set of players, and/or coaching staff at a different team may not suit the skills as well as where they are now.  This maybe something we see with Patten (I hope not). 

He showed a certain skill level with the Pats.  But he will be asked to do some different things with the Skins’ and I am not sure the system will match as well with his skill set.  Some times when a player moves to another team they are “exposed” due to true flaws or faults of the player.  Sometimes they are wrongfully blamed for a drop in performance or lack of skills due to a bad “fit” in the new team scheme.

OK, TT. Where will you live in Thailand? We definitely have a common ground! Great to find someone there who not only understands and appreciates the NFL, but truly understands MY team! You are right on about the reasons for the Pats success. ######, there are so-called "expert" sports writers and radio hosts here who don't "get it" to the degree that you do! :o

Hope to meet you - no, make that MUST meet you when I get there next year! We'll have to arrange to start an " NFL club" for game days - I guess that means Mondays in Thailand. :D

Yes Patten and Moss are both new deep threats for the Skins.  But neither have shown the consistency necessary to carry a heavy load of the #1, and #2 WR’s.  Moss has been injury prone and Patten had the luxury of a system/coach that is excellent at working with the talent they have and minimizing exposure of any weaknesses.  I think this is the Pats #1 reason for repeated success – a coaching staff that has the flexibility to not only work with the talent they have (and not b*tch about lack of talent), and to utilize that talent in an almost constantly evolving scheme (both on offense and defense) that prevents teams from pinpointing weaknesses and then exploiting those weaknesses.  

Not to take too much away from the players, but I think the credit for most of the success is in the front office and coaching staff for the Pats.  I think many of the players realize this as well.  Many people have commented on the deals some of the better players for the Pats have been willing to accept (even Brady).  I think part of the reason these players are accepting these deals have to do with a fear of being “exposed” in a different system.  Not to say that Brady would fail with a different team or under a different system.  But he knows the coaching staff with the Pats will give him every chance to succeed.  If he were to roll the dice and try it with another team that may not be the case.  The system, set of players, and/or coaching staff at a different team may not suit the skills as well as where they are now.  This maybe something we see with Patten (I hope not). 

He showed a certain skill level with the Pats.  But he will be asked to do some different things with the Skins’ and I am not sure the system will match as well with his skill set.  Some times when a player moves to another team they are “exposed” due to true flaws or faults of the player.  Sometimes they are wrongfully blamed for a drop in performance or lack of skills due to a bad “fit” in the new team scheme.

OK, TT. Where will you live in Thailand? We definitely have a common ground! Great to find someone there who not only understands and appreciates the NFL, but truly understands MY team! You are right on about the reasons for the Pats success. ######, there are so-called "expert" sports writers and radio hosts here who don't "get it" to the degree that you do! :o

Hope to meet you - no, make that MUST meet you when I get there next year! We'll have to arrange to start an " NFL club" for game days - I guess that means Mondays in Thailand. :D

I will be moving to Bangkok next month. But when I am in Thailand I travel quite a bit down toward Pattaya and Chon Buri areas. I am sure we can get together to drink a few when you arrive. I am sure football will not be the only topic of conversation. I god mate of mine from college works for your US nemesis Lockeed Martin.

Not sure if I will still be there when you move over. Looks like I will be there until the end of 2006 at least, but cannot say much beyond that. I have to decide if I think the international schools in Thailand are were I want my daughter going to school or not. Have to say at this stage I am not very comfortable with what I have seen and heard about them. But I have plenty of time between now and then to get a better feel for things. Besides I think that the home situation and proper attention from parents also have a significant effect on a child’s education.

Back on topic – I am a bit disappointed in the apparent lack of interest in this thread. Got to be more NFL fans in Thailand than this? I mean if a Skins’ fan is not too embarrassed to post here who should be? Maybe there’s a bunch of closet Cowboys fans out there (no I don’t mean Soi Cowboy fans).

I will be moving to Bangkok next month. But when I am in Thailand I travel quite a bit down toward Pattaya and Chon Buri areas. I am sure we can get together to drink a few when you arrive. I am sure football will not be the only topic of conversation. I god mate of mine from college works for your US nemesis Lockeed Martin.

Not sure if I will still be there when you move over. Looks like I will be there until the end of 2006 at least, but cannot say much beyond that. I have to decide if I think the international schools in Thailand are were I want my daughter going to school or not. Have to say at this stage I am not very comfortable with what I have seen and heard about them. But I have plenty of time between now and then to get a better feel for things. Besides I think that the home situation and proper attention from parents also have a significant effect on a child’s education.

Back on topic – I am a bit disappointed in the apparent lack of interest in this thread. Got to be more NFL fans in Thailand than this? I mean if a Skins’ fan is not too embarrassed to post here who should be? Maybe there’s a bunch of closet Cowboys fans out there (no I don’t mean Soi Cowboy fans).

I'm surprised by the apparent lack of NFL interest. But perhaps that's just because of the fact that it's off-season. It may heat up once training camps open next month. In any case, my interest will still be strong. I have my email group of Pats fans to keep me going. I actually found the group while I was in Shanghai back in '96. They became my lifeling to Pats news back then, when the NFL on the internet was still in its infancy.

You should still be there when I arrive if my plans stay as they are now, TT. My wife will be over there property shopping within the next month or so. If she buys, I'll be retiring at the end of March, and moving over there sometime in April.

See you then!

• 3 weeks later...

TT or PatsFan,

Have you figured out what the NFL availability will be in Bangkok? I also will be moving there around September. I was just there recently and the expats I talked to did not give me much hope for seeing much more than a select few marquee games. Seems like there would be something available by dish.

BTW TT, I am also going to try to stay in my FF league this year since I will still be in town for our draft. I'll probably have to drop out next season though. Looks like I'll be relying on online info for my lineups if I can't watch any of the games.

TT or PatsFan,

Have you figured out what the NFL availability will be in Bangkok? I also will be moving there around September. I was just there recently and the expats I talked to did not give me much hope for seeing much more than a select few marquee games. Seems like there would be something available by dish.

BTW TT, I am also going to try to stay in my FF league this year since I will still be in town for our draft. I'll probably have to drop out next season though. Looks like I'll be relying on online info for my lineups if I can't watch any of the games.

I hear ya, Lion. I share your anxiety. I won't be moving until next April, so you'll know before I will. I was hoping that some other US expat there would be able to provide some specifics on this, but we don't seem to be getting much action on this thread.

The good news for me is that, when my Patriots win their 3rd Super Bowl in a row in February, I'll be here to see it. Then I can order another DVD, and have at least have plenty of Patriots Championship DVDs to watch!

Seriously, I do hope we can find some way to access more NFL games, whether it's via satellite, or any other method. I'm ready to spring for whatever it takes to get as many games as possible.

GR

Yeah, I don't think I'll be seeing any Lions DVD anytime soon. As it is, I don't know how I'll watch the games that ARE available. I'll be dragging Monday at work. I am hoping for satellite with TiVo.

Anyway, maybe we'll get more interest in this thread as the season gets closer.

Not sure I will be able to get any clearer picture of what will be available or what options will be until the season starts – and people start to advertise. I know that UBC has limited coverage but that is better than no coverage.

A little off topic but I was glad to see the Sunday NASCAR race shown Monday evening on UBC.

Hey guys,

Don't have the UBC(get the Gold package) anymore, but last year the Sunday Night and Monday night games were always broadcast, live...so they were on Monday and Tues mornings....the Sunday afternoon games were on at some real special times...like midnight....yawn....Soccer is the deal here...its always on...always...always....one reason I dropped cable plus the cost...ok, have fun...

Hey guys,

Don't have the UBC(get the Gold package) anymore, but last year the Sunday Night and Monday night games were always broadcast, live...so they were on Monday and Tues mornings....the Sunday afternoon games were on at some real special times...like midnight....yawn....Soccer is the deal here...its always on...always...always....one reason I dropped cable plus the cost...ok, have fun...

Thanks for the specifics, Dog! That's actually very encouraging to me. That sounds like at least 3 live games per week. That's OUTSTANDING! :o

As for the time, I'm fortunate enough to be heading into retirement status when I move. No problem for me to adjust my hours to fit the NFL schedule. Priorities, ya know?! :D And, since I'm a Patriots fan, I'm sure to get a few of their games on the prime time broadcasts for as long as they stay among the best teams in the NFL. I expect that to be for a long time! :D

GR

^ Actually, you get at least 4 games a week. There is double header on monday (whatever 2 games are picked up for the hong kong-bkk feed) and then the sunday night game and monday night are always broadcast so you will always know those matchups. I am a HUGE pats fan, live in usa but have work in thailand. Suffered thru many years in the abyss when were the laughingstock of the league. Now is my time. The sweet, sweet moments of watching the pats score 41 points (at pittsburgh!) in afc championship game against the impenetrable(?) steelers defense at 6AM in chiang mai. I could go on and on but will leave it at that.

I would have to say that I firmly disagree with TokyoT's assessment of the Pats. I agree that the pats have an excellent system and that the sum is more than the parts. However it is the players playing the game. The credit must go to them. The patriots have come up with so many big plays on offense and defense during this championship run. Good coaches can only put a player ina postion to succeed, they can not make a play. I do not disagree that there are players on the Pats that would not be as good on other teams but same could be said of the san antonio spurs. Parts were assembled to fit a system based on skill level, learning ability, attitude and salary cap. Not giving the players credit smacks of of all trash talking all last season about the unstoppable Colts offense (3 points) and aforementioned Steeler defense. People disrespected the defending champion last season and it was all talk. Will the Pats win again? I hope so, however there are so many things that have to happen in your favor that it will be another very difficult achievement.............

^ Actually, you get at least 4 games a week. There is double header on monday (whatever 2 games are picked up for the hong kong-bkk feed) and then the sunday night game and monday night are always broadcast so you will always know those matchups. I am a HUGE pats fan, live in usa but have work in thailand. Suffered thru many years in the abyss when were the laughingstock of the league. Now is my time. The sweet, sweet moments of watching the pats score 41 points (at pittsburgh!) in afc championship game against the impenetrable(?) steelers defense at 6AM in chiang mai. I could go on and on but will leave it at that.

I would have to say that I firmly disagree with TokyoT's assessment of the Pats. I agree that the pats have an excellent system and that the sum is more than the parts. However it is the players playing the game. The credit must go to them. The patriots have come up with so many big plays on offense and defense during this championship run.  Good coaches can only put a player ina postion to succeed, they can not make a play. I do not disagree that there are players on the Pats that would not be as good on other teams but same could be said of the san antonio spurs. Parts were assembled to fit a system based on skill level, learning ability, attitude and salary cap. Not giving the players credit smacks of of all trash talking all last season about the unstoppable Colts offense (3 points) and aforementioned Steeler defense. People disrespected the defending champion last season and it was all talk. Will the Pats win again? I hope so, however there are so many things that have to happen in your favor that it will be another very difficult achievement.............

No arguement from me on giving major credit to the players, DaMan! If my comments made it sound that way, let me clarify that I view the Pats success as a TOTAL team effort. It's the combination of the front ofice (Belichick & Pioli) selecting the right players to fit the attitude and schemes of Belichick's game plan. The players must have the intelligence, and team attitude, as well as the physical talent, to execute what BB gives them. He and his staff are unequalled in their ability to identify the strengths and weaknesses of each opponent, and how those can best be taken advantage of and neutralized, respectively, by mixing and matching the strengths and weaknesses of the players on our roster. That, of course, is all done on paper. The game, as we know, is played on the field! By the players!

So I credit BB for his genius in finding players to meet his needs. But those players meet his needs because they can execute! BB couldn't win with the players he had when he got to the Patriots.

I'm looking forward to another great season, despite the confirmation today that Tedy Bruschi will not play this year. BB will make adjustements to get the best out of the solid LB corps he still has. Likely some differences to adjust from Tedy's skills to theirs. But he'll set it up to work!

GR

I see that Ricky Williams is coming back to the fish this year though he still has to serve a four-game suspension for marijuana use. I wonder how his teammates will accept him after he basically dumped them last year. As I recall, the Dolphins were expected to go far before he left and they ended up with a pretty miserable season.

Found this on ESPN:

Steinberg said Williams studied holistic medicine at a school in northern California from October to April and finished the first year of a three-year program, then spent April at a yoga center in India and became certified as an instructor.

"Both emphasize natural methods of healing and are opposed to the use of drugs and alcohol to alter consciousness," Steinberg said.

After retiring, Williams lost more than 20 pounds on a vegetarian diet. Steinberg said his weight is back above 215, still below his listed weight of 226 on the 2004 preseason roster.

Doesn't sound like your avergae NFLer does it. Actually, I wish him well. (Except when he plays Da Bears!!) :o

I see that Ricky Williams is coming back to the fish this year though he still has to serve a four-game suspension for marijuana use. I wonder how his teammates will accept him after he basically dumped them last year. As I recall, the Dolphins were expected to go far before he left and they ended up with a pretty miserable season.

Found this on ESPN:

Steinberg said Williams studied holistic medicine at a school in northern California from October to April and finished the first year of a three-year program, then spent April at a yoga center in India and became certified as an instructor.

"Both emphasize natural methods of healing and are opposed to the use of drugs and alcohol to alter consciousness," Steinberg said.

After retiring, Williams lost more than 20 pounds on a vegetarian diet. Steinberg said his weight is back above 215, still below his listed weight of 226 on the 2004 preseason roster.

Doesn't sound like your avergae NFLer does it. Actually, I wish him well. (Except when he plays Da Bears!!) :D

Hey Deke! Glad to see that we're getting some action on this NFL thread - even if some of it is from a Bears fan! :D

Yes, Ricky is on the Dolphins roster again. But it will be a while before you see him on the field. He'll be suspended for the first four games of the season ... at least. Could be more if he can't convince anybody that the white smoke they see coming from his locker is a souvenir wisp from the naming of the Pope! :o

GR