Three Aussie Murderers Fled To Thailand

george

Lacking any more 100% information from oberkommando this update might just have to suffice

THE family of a Victorian man killed while trying to save a stranger says repeated "tough on crime" political statements need to be backed up by real action against street violence.

Luke Mitchell's family has heard scores of politicians and senior police officers offer strongly worded messages against gang bashings - including Victorian Premier John Brumby who called such incidents "gutless" - since the good Samaritan was swarmed and stabbed in May.

But no real changes have materialised despite repeated calls for tougher sentences against such offenders, says Shane Mitchell, the victim's brother.

"They look like they're acting when they say these things, but they're actually doing nothing," he said on Sunday after the family unveiled a plaque in his brother's honour.

The plaque reads: "When a brave man takes a stand the spines of others are stiffened".

<snip>

He died later in hospital and the two men suspected of killing him have fled Australia. They are believed to be at large still in Thailand.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story...6-12377,00.html

Whose sons are being protected ? what families raised these swine ?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

umm maybe not. If you know the Brunswick area of Melbourne then you would know that this is almost 100% Turkish and Lebonese area. I bet my gonads that when they are arrested as they will be that they will not have anglo names. They would also be dual citizens travelling on two passports. Not true aussies I bet. Just wait and see the postings when they are arrested..

Chiangdan - do please explain true Aussie, are you aboriginal?

Do you people have any idea the number of fellons and suspected persons who have fled here? There are at least 9 suspected serial killers here from the US... suspected, but here. 9!

It is a popular thing for people high up once the heat is on to escape to here...

Do you people have any idea the number of fellons and suspected persons who have fled here? There are at least 9 suspected serial killers here from the US... suspected, but here. 9!

It is a popular thing for people high up once the heat is on to escape to here...

I think this case is somewhat different. We have Thai nationals fleeing back to Thailand hoping that the fact they have connections here will prevent any successful extradition.

Is it some sort of coincidence that all the worlds fellons end up living in thailand?

A bloke I knew was interviewed by the uk police regards child molesting, next day he had vanished.

Knowing about how thailand is full of his sort I always reckoned thats where he is yet.

• 1 year later...

Two fugitive Thais arrested for killing

THAI police have charged two men with the Melbourne murder of ''good Samaritan'' Luke Mitchell.

Two Thai nationals were arrested late last year following raids on homes. Sarud Seehaverachart, 28, was arrested in Phuket in September and Thatiya Terdputham 35, was caught in late October.

However, a third man wanted over the knifing of Mr Mitchell remains at large overseas.

Victorian authorities have applied to have the two arrested men brought back to Melbourne under an extradition arrangement between Australia and Thailand.

Mr Mitchell's murder in May 2009 sparked a clampdown on a growing knife culture in Melbourne. [more...]

Full story: http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/two-fugitive-thais-arrested-for-killing-20110124-1a2vl.html

-- THEAGE.COM 2011-01-24

footer_n.gif

This information is already in the public domain. Source Interpol website.

Present family name:

SEEHAVERACHART Forename: SARUD Sex: MALE Date of birth: 17 November 1982 (28 years old) Place of birth: Thailand Language spoken:English, ThaiNationality:ThailandHeight: 1.75 meter <-> 69 inches Colour of eyes:BROWNColour of hair:BLACKCategories of Offences:CRIMES AGAINST LIFE AND HEALTHArrest Warrant Issued by:MELBOURNE, VICTORIA / Australia

Present family name: TERDPUTHAM Forename: THATIYA Sex: MALE Date of birth: 14 April 1975 (35 years old) Place of birth: Thailand Language spoken:English, ThaiNationality:ThailandHeight: 1.70 meter <-> 67 inches Colour of eyes:BROWNColour of hair:BLACKCategories of Offences:CRIMES AGAINST LIFE AND HEALTHArrest Warrant Issued by:MAGISTRATES COURT MELBOURNE / Australia

Surad was already a a docket in Melbourne and had been charged previously at least twice for criminal offences as you can by the Victorian Police photograph. Why he wasn't deported in the 1st instance is a blur on the Victorian judicial system. It may or may not have save Mr Mitchells life.

post-118951-0-35342200-1295878891_thumb.

post-118951-0-26230400-1295879210_thumb.

Hopefully there will be no issues with the extradition.

What offences had Sarud committed previously in Melb? And what visa was he own? I also find it a little strange he apparently had a record but was allowed to remain in Australia. However I am not a legal.

A shocking incident. Hopefully the family will get their day in court and they can look these &^%$'s in the eye and ask 'where was the jai yen yen?'

What offences had Sarud committed previously in Melb? And what visa was he own? I also find it a little strange he apparently had a record but was allowed to remain in Australia. However I am not a legal.

A shocking incident. Hopefully the family will get their day in court and they can look these &^%$'s in the eye and ask 'where was the jai yen yen?'

There are provisions in Victorian law that state if a person commits an indictable offence which carries a prison term in the 1st 5 yrs of being in the country then he/she can be deported. This is very rately enforced. As to you finding it strange that he may have had a criminal record. If you look at the police photo and and photo sheet this may make it clearer. You will see it records 2 numbers.

1. MNI: Master Name Index. This number is afforded to all persons who have dealings with the Victoria Police ie: Victim, witness or mearly assisting with inquiries. (I have one)

2. CRN: Criminal Records Number. This number is assigned to persons who have been charged and convicted of an offence.

For Sarud to have this CRN displayed on the sheet at the time of this photo being taken proves that he already has a prior or priors in the State of Victoria. No priors then the letters N/R (not recorded) would be displayed in the box. I have filled out enough of this sheets in 20 yrs to know. I have done a little further digging and I am aware that he has priors for serious assaults, drugs and armed robbery however has never served a prison sentnce. Receive good behaviour bonds, community service and a susoended sentence.

As to the type of visa he was on then I can not be sure of this. I have been informed tho that he lived with a sister who is/was married to an Aussie so there is the possibility that he may have had some sort of family visa if she had been granted Australian citizenship. I can't confirm or deny that.

There are provisions in Victorian law that state if a person commits an indictable offence which carries a prison term in the 1st 5 yrs of being in the country then he/she can be deported. This is very rately enforced. As to you finding it strange that he may have had a criminal record. If you look at the police photo and and photo sheet this may make it clearer. You will see it records 2 numbers.

1. MNI: Master Name Index. This number is afforded to all persons who have dealings with the Victoria Police ie: Victim, witness or mearly assisting with inquiries. (I have one)

2. CRN: Criminal Records Number. This number is assigned to persons who have been charged and convicted of an offence.

For Sarud to have this CRN displayed on the sheet at the time of this photo being taken proves that he already has a prior or priors in the State of Victoria. No priors then the letters N/R (not recorded) would be displayed in the box. I have filled out enough of this sheets in 20 yrs to know. I have done a little further digging and I am aware that he has priors for serious assaults, drugs and armed robbery however has never served a prison sentnce. Receive good behaviour bonds, community service and a susoended sentence.

As to the type of visa he was on then I can not be sure of this. I have been informed tho that he lived with a sister who is/was married to an Aussie so there is the possibility that he may have had some sort of family visa if she had been granted Australian citizenship. I can't confirm or deny that.

You misread my statement. 'a little strange he apparently had a record but was allowed to remain in Australia' - as in how could he remain in OZ if he had priors - especially given your further explanation. I would have thought any visa would be revoked given the seriousness of the offences.

You misread my statement. 'a little strange he apparently had a record but was allowed to remain in Australia' - as in how could he remain in OZ if he had priors - especially given your further explanation. I would have thought any visa would be revoked given the seriousness of the offences.

Well that is the big question asked over and over. Why aren't these type of people deported on strike one or even three. Had he have been deported immeadiately then the victim may very well have been alive today and we would not be discussing this topic. The problem with the juducial system not only in Victoria but Australia as a whole is that it is all about the rights of the offender and not the victims. Maybe he produced that trump card they all use. You know the one they hold with the word racists written on it. The laws and the powers are there but then it falls on the courts to use them.

From memory, and I admit it is vague because it didn't rear it's head to often, I think you have to serve 2 years in the big house before they would apply to have you deported. Sometimes even then they wouldn't apply, I thinks it is just a minimum criteria. They also take into account other factors though ie: family ties in oz, seriousness of offence etc.

One would think armed robbery would be enough of a conviction but as he didn't get actual gaol time I doubt it was as bad as the term 'armed robbery' usually implies.

I'd have to research it a bit as it's been over 10 years since I've been in a criminal court.

One thing I do like though is that the police didn't go flaunting the initial arrests to the media. Sometimes it does irk me that they are media whores just wanting be be shown in the best light instead of just doing their job. So good on them this time.

The Thai police pick the strangest times to be law abiding--like letting murders loose. I am quite sure that immigration has the right, or at a minimum, no penalty for refusing entry to people suspected of crimes.

That is strange - why couldn't they have been refused entry into Thailand, been held at immigration at the airport for a few hours and sent back to Australia on the next flight out? Happens all the time. That should have given the Aussie police time to tie things together in the courts down there for a warrant.

Because they are Thai-Australian and entered Thailand on their Thai passports.

Fact? Anything to corroborate this statement? I mean it makes perfect sense and would explain why they were only detained momentarily on arrival. But I haven't seen any names published yet so it's hard to differentiate between fact and good 'ol TV armchair detectives fiction here.

"Book 'em Danno!"

Looks like my source was spot on.

After they do thier time they will probably be granted Aussie citizenship. Just like this guy......

A convicted killer named Soombeom Park. He stabbed his wife to death in a jealous rage in South Korea and spent seven years in jail in Seoul.

When he came to Australia in 2008 he lied on his arrival card. Stated he had no criminal history even though he had done time for murder. He now lives here in Australia with his second wife reportedly in similar circumstances to those he lived in with his first wife.

Soombeom Park finally admitted his past when he applied for permanent residency.

The Federal Government ruled that he was an undesirable. The Immigration Minister ruled he was a risk to the Australian community and ordered him deported.

But the Administrative Appeals Tribunal overruled the Government and ordered Park be released from a detention centre. He is now walking around as free as you or I.

• 2 months later...

Pair in Thai court over Melbourne murder

Two Thai nationals arrested over the Melbourne murder of "good samaritan" Luke Mitchell will face a Bangkok court on Anzac Day as Australian authorities push their case for extradition.

The Thai court will be presented with "a collection of evidence" on April 25 relating to the 2009 murder of the Sanctuary Lakes chef who was stabbed five times and kicked as he lay on the ground outside a 7-Eleven store in Sydney Road, Brunswick.

The 29-year-old had earlier stepped in to break up a brawl outside a nightclub two blocks away.

Sarud Seehaverachart, 28, was arrested in Phuket in September and Thatiya Terdputham 35, was caught in late October, while a third man wanted in connection with the murder is believed to still be on the run in Thailand.

More here:

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/pair-in-thai-court-over-melbourne-murder-20110405-1cz0s.html

• 3 weeks later...

Extradition bid for accused killers

Two Thai men have appeared in court over the killing of Melbourne man Luke Mitchell. Sarud Seehaveachart, 28, and Thatiya Terdputham, 37, were chained at the ankles when they appeared at a preliminary extradition hearing. They were not required to enter a plea.

Lawyers for the two are fighting a move to extradite them to Melbourne over the fatal stabbing of Mr Mitchell in May 2009. They spent most of the day questioning police who arrested Mr Sarud and Mr Thatiya to check that the arrest of the two - in September and October last year - followed proper Thailand legal regulations. A third Thai man is still being sought by Thai and Australian police.

A translator at the court hearing said the most unusual feature was seeing one of the accused - Mr Thatiya - shake hands with police who had detained him. The identity of the third man is not known, although he is reportedly the son of a well-connected military officer. The arrest of the wanted men was shrouded in secrecy as investigators sought to capture all three men, who are accused of fleeing Australia within hours of the fatal attack in Brunswick. A further hearing is due on May 23.

Continues:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/more-news/extradition-bid-for-accused-killers/story-fn7x8me2-1226044752292

Herald Sun - April 26, 2011

Two fugitive Thais arrested for killing

THAI police have charged two men with the Melbourne murder of ''good Samaritan'' Luke Mitchell.

Two Thai nationals were arrested late last year

Source Interpol website.

Present family name: SEEHAVERACHART

Forename: SARUD

Nationality: Thailand

Present family name: TERDPUTHAM

Forename: THATIYA

Nationality: Thailand

54136180.jpg54137739.jpg

In the interest of accuracy, as the accused are not Australians, but Thai, it might be beneficial to modify the thread title to:

Three Thai Murderers Of An Australian Flee To Thailand

Edited by Buchholz

it didn't say how did it happen..... i might need google ....

who knows the whole story of Mitchell....?

The identity of the third man is not known........................because.... connection with a high ranking military officer........

on the run.......if he can be happy....fine. humm..

GOOD Samaritan.... sad.....

there are a number of suspects and they have fled overseas and they are in Thailand

again... another hub.... .......... criminals

After they do thier time they will probably be granted Aussie citizenship. Just like this guy......

A convicted killer named Soombeom Park. He stabbed his wife to death in a jealous rage in South Korea and spent seven years in jail in Seoul.

When he came to Australia in 2008 he lied on his arrival card. Stated he had no criminal history even though he had done time for murder. He now lives here in Australia with his second wife reportedly in similar circumstances to those he lived in with his first wife.

Soombeom Park finally admitted his past when he applied for permanent residency.

The Federal Government ruled that he was an undesirable. The Immigration Minister ruled he was a risk to the Australian community and ordered him deported.

But the Administrative Appeals Tribunal overruled the Government and ordered Park be released from a detention centre. He is now walking around as free as you or I.

I am sure.......

it will take years to end this case.....

and finally,he will be deported ............ keep finger across

but he is different from those 3 Thais.....

only he'd spent times in Jail.... 7 years with one's life.... it's too short.....