Shopping Malls In Phuket

Cattleya

Hi guys, My hasband and I are looking for a nice place to live in Phuket, love to live in harmony with nature and we also love shopping.

Are there any good shopping malls in the city? :)

Yes, and no. The shopping malls are actually outside the city, or town as some vehemently request it be called. They are fairly centrally located in the middle of the south half of the island. In fact the newest biggest shopping center is called Central. There is also a Big C shopping center, Tesco Lotus, and Home Works all right there. A Home Pro with surrounding mini mall jsut opened at Chalong as well. Then there is also Jungcylon Shopping Center now in Patong similar to Central. I suggest you come look around before settling on a place to live, as the variety and degree of "harmonizing" to be had with nature varies greatly depending on where you decide to live.

Edited by Scubabuddha

Hi guys, My hasband and I are looking for a nice place to live in Phuket, love to live in harmony with nature and we also love shopping.

Are there any good shopping malls in the city? :)

shopping malls and in harmony with nature..............................oxymoron?

Are there any good shopping malls in the city? :D

shopping malls and in harmony with nature..............................oxymoron?

I meant I wanted to live in a quiet beach somewhere, and don't care even if I have to drive for hours to do shopping in town some time. :)

I meant I wanted to live in a quiet beach somewhere, and don't care even if I have to drive for hours to do shopping in town some time. :D

You will have no problem, you can live anywhere on Phuket and get to the shopping in one hour, best find the beach and house first...... :)

In the more popular south end of Phuket Island you will be less than 30 minutes away from a shopping mall. Malls in Chalong, Patong, and Phuket Town.

Can you please provide some evidence or statistics to support your statement of the souths so called more popular status.

I would imagine the mid to north west might be in fact the islands hotter location say from Kamala north.

In the more popular south end of Phuket Island you will be less than 30 minutes away from a shopping mall. Malls in Chalong, Patong, and Phuket Town.

Can you please provide some evidence or statistics to support your statement of the souths so called more popular status.

I would imagine the mid to north west might be in fact the islands hotter location say from Kamala north.

No more room left in Kamala all FULL!!! :)

Thank you for every recommendation. Can anyone please tell me if it's still possible to find a quality beachfront house (without pool) for rent in Phuket, or are all the beach loactions taken by resorts?

And what about the east coast of Phuket, are any quiet beaches there? :)

Thank you for every recommendation. Can anyone please tell me if it's still possible to find a quality beachfront house (without pool) for rent in Phuket, or are all the beach loactions taken by resorts?

East coast is predominantly mangroves but some great views of Phang Nga bay & many of the islands. The south of the island has probably witnessed more growth than elsewhere as much of it is medium priced compared to the more upmarket prices found on the north west coast. Some of the views south over Chalong Bay & beyond are truly spectacular & as Livinginkata says you are never too far from shopping centres as well as medical facilities & yes beaches close by plus there are a multitude of good restaurants.

East coast is predominantly mangroves but some great views of Phang Nga bay & many of the islands. The south of the island has probably witnessed more growth than elsewhere as much of it is medium priced compared to the more upmarket prices found on the north west coast. Some of the views south over Chalong Bay & beyond are truly spectacular & as Livinginkata says you are never too far from shopping centres as well as medical facilities & yes beaches close by plus there are a multitude of good restaurants.

there are beachfront properties at Ao Yon near Panwa cape no dogs allowed but a lovely beach about 20k per month.just go past the Novotel and start asking the locals