Carrefore To Samui

Big C must be losing money in Samui so I cannot see the logic of another big store - But carrefour would be welcome for they varied produce they supply .

agree...too bad it wasn't Carrefour and not BigC that opened, much better food at Carrefour.

Is that a Carrefore I see being built on the road from Nathon to Hua Thanon?? :D

"Carrefour" ?

between Nathon an Hua Thannon....thats a distance of 15,9km :)

post-51795-1243282737_thumb.jpg

Where exactly did you suspect that a new Carrefour would be built?

I will go check there for you :D whether it is true or not.

Chayaphum

Is that a Carrefore I see being built on the road from Nathon to Hua Thanon?? :D

"Carrefour" ?

between Nathon an Hua Thannon....thats a distance of 15,9km :)

post-51795-1243282737_thumb.jpg

Where exactly did you suspect that a new Carrefour would be built?

I will go check there for you :D whether it is true or not.

Chayaphum

I'll check out the exact location and get back to you.

I've never been in a Carrefour but I've heard they have a great selection of western food. Is this true?

sbk

some shops are different from others, but for sure they have a much better selection than tesco

Nirvana

Is that a Carrefore I see being built on the road from Nathon to Hua Thanon?? :)

i don't car flore a carrflour because of the amoun of traffic at the moment feels similar to BBK

Is that a Carrefore I see being built on the road from Nathon to Hua Thanon?? :)

i don't car flore a carrflour because of the amoun of traffic at the moment feels similar to BBK

I was in Bangkok over the weekend- Samui is a little country town in comparison traffic-wise. :D

If it really opens somewhere in the middle between Nathon and Hua Thanon it will be less frequented than Big C, if they do not have a special attachment. Disney Land for instance.

That's what the Big C people cannot realise. Why should someone shop at Big C, if Lotus has the same and much more plus huge entertainment (for Samui) plus the Home Pro plus...

If it really opens somewhere in the middle between Nathon and Hua Thanon it will be less frequented than Big C, if they do not have a special attachment. Disney Land for instance.

That's what the Big C people cannot realise. Why should someone shop at Big C, if Lotus has the same and much more plus huge entertainment (for Samui) plus the Home Pro plus...

It would be great to have Carrefour between Hua Thanon and Nathon.

Although the new huge Tesco in Lamai will attract many customers away from Chaweng, including it's cinema, Carrefour will be a welcome alternative.

One can only imagine the traffic congestion in Lamai, with the new Tesco's.

The road where Carrefour are building, is far more suitable to attract customers. They will have a massive marketing area, all the way from Lamai to Nathon. Good luck to them. I am applying for a loyalty card already. :)

Of what I hear, Tesco Chaweng will no longer be in it's current format.Tesco nationwide are undertaking a remodeling & re branding campaign.The one in Chaweng will be a Mall concept.

So really you are going to have the one in Lamai & Express in nathon.So big C could be looking at a revival & Carrefour will be poised to take over the gap too.

What does Tesco mean by a "Mall' concept and how will it be diofferent from the Lamai one. Will the Lamai one be as the original Lo-Tas?
I thought the Tesco in Chaweng/Boput was a 'mall' concept already.

It has resturants, shops, cinema, bowling alley, etc.

What extra does a 'mall' have? :)

I read the article in one of the major papers a while ago. I suppose they are increasing the amount of little shops & reducing the supermarket area, hence you have the one in Lamai opening.

I suppose it's a corporate move, to increase the number of outlets nationwide.If my memory serves me right, an extra 30 Tesco's under different Co Logos. You must also remember that CP group used to own Tesco Lotus & Makro ( since sold out),

so maybe you can see a pattern here.

hopefully there will be a 7/11 under my bed soon, then I don't have to walk the 400 mtrs. any more!

7/11's are also owned by the CP group :) . No mention of any Samui stores on the Carrefour website.

I don't think they build a Carrefour as far away from farangs as possible :) , sounds more like a case of wishful thinking.

As already mentioned, it's quite a distance between Hua Thanon and Nathon. Maybe OP means the new wet market they build in Ban Saket, or the factory (?) built by Italo-Thai between Nathon and Lipa Noi?

Just checked the site out.

It is between the Immigration traffic lights outside of Nathon and the next traffic lights (which is the turn off for Raja ferry and the transport office) in the direction of Hua Thanon.

I tried to ask what they are building, with the prompt, is this Tesco Lotus? The reply was Carrefour, but they may have meant "careful". So if any of you are passing with your Thai g/f, maybe you could ask.

Must admit, a space cadet training centre would be interesting. At least we will know why no money is being spent on the roads, who needs roads when you can go into space. :):D