Bulk Hardware Stores In Bangkok

WarpSpeed

Greetings all,

I'm new to TV but not Thailand> Bangkok is just so big and you can spend months trying to find the simplest things in terms of hardware and the like that might be on the little street next to you, but in this case I need to know of any bulk hardware stores close to Don Muang? So I'm taking a short cut hopefully..

More specifically I seek a 10mm reverse thread nut also known as "left hand", or counter thread etc. to repair the fan on my vacuum cleaner. Yeah I know go to the manufacturer and all that but TIT and we already did that with model numbers etc. and they just brought us a new fan that requires this nut where our last one didn't have one and the new one does. As usual their answer was a run around and the techs we spoke to were clueless in every sense even including not knowing their own product and what a counter thread was, we even had one out to our house and he still didn't understand with the example right in front of him.....Kept telling us we could get anywhere, but I know better it is more rare than that, and when I showed him a 10mm right hand thread that's what he thought we needed in spite of seeing the actual threaded shaft..

Unlike some have suggested just buying a new vacuum, ridiculous, since this is a top model wet/dry vacuum and has nothing what so ever wrong with it once this is repaired it has years of use left, heck I haven't even had to replace the filter yet! So I'm not going to trash a perfectly good vacuum for the sake of expediency..

I'm really not interested in large retail stores such as Home Pro, I know about those, I heard of one called Bangkok hardware which has several branches out of Bangkok such as Phuket but I am not familiar with their branch in Bangkok and no way to contact.. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry for the typo in the topic line, clearly it should have read "hardware" can a mod please edit that for me? But so far there are some very helpful people on here...No one knows of any bulk hardware stores in the Bangkok Don Muang area? Maybe I can expand it to the Bangkok area then will that help?

You do know what I mean by "bulk" don't you? I mean a store that sells in quantity not pre-packaged and where you can view the products out of package and usually has a much more comprehensive selection of hardware and tools..

You will find them on most major sois but seldom larger than double shophouse. In rear they normally will have open stock that helpers search normally. There is a fairly large on at about soi 38/40 (not sure of exact soi) on Chok Chai 4 but that is out of your immediate area. But for special items you almost always have to go to Chinatown but I am not sure of the 'screw' street there.

Wandering round Bangkok looking for a "left hand screw" is going to get you some odd looks, and possibly some even odder offers :D :D

Ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/STAINLESS-FULL-NUTS-...93%3A1|294%3A50

Or, try your local car mechanic. Track-rod ends have a left hand thread on one side, and they have a lock nut that would do the trick, or you could cut the nut part off a failed track-rod end (freebie fix) :)

Wandering round Bangkok looking for a "left hand screw" is going to get you some odd looks, and possibly some even odder offers :D:D

Ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/STAINLESS-FULL-NUTS-...93%3A1|294%3A50

Or, try your local car mechanic. Track-rod ends have a left hand thread on one side, and they have a lock nut that would do the trick, or you could cut the nut part off a failed track-rod end (freebie fix) :)

Hence my reasoning for my attempts here first to have a specific place to begin, thanks for your response.. Your idea about the track rod is a good one but I think they are going to be much larger diameter than my needs of only 10mm, still an auto parts store of sort, maybe a good way to go.. cheers

I have a cheap kitchen blender with the grinder blade attached to the cup using a left handed or reversed thread nut. The shaft is about quarter inch. Check out blender repair parts. Also the Amorn service shops around LOS have a stock of repair items for fans, blenders and I think vacuums. You never know what you may find in their shops.

Sorry for the double post. I added the word nut and my connection burped and I got the double post

Edited by Crossy
Multiple post fixed, Crossy

I have a cheap kitchen blender with the grinder blade attached to the cup using a left handed or reversed thread nut. The shaft is about quarter inch. Check out blender repair parts. Also the Amorn service shops around LOS have a stock of repair items for fans, blenders and I think vacuums. You never know what you may find in their shops.

Sorry for the double post. I added the word nut and my connection burped and I got the double post

Thanks, I knew of an Amorn shop in Phuket when down there but I don't know of any here in Bangkok do you know of any?

Being mm challenged not sure but is it the same size as fan blade shafts? Believe they use ccw nuts to hold blade in place.

MM challenged myself so no worries there, but having already considered that with a fan I happen to have no longer operating, it appears not, they appear to be about 8mm, as well they are plastic and the RPM's this motor turns are nothing close to the same RPM's of a house fan and failure could cause some serious damage if it strips out and the fan flies off. The original fan was high impact thermal plastic and still it stripped out probably why they have gone to metal now. Anyhoo after my wife called the company back again it seems that we may have the problem solved in short order, we'll see. I am awaiting a nut they are to send us as the original guy that came out was clueless and I let him know in no uncertain terms and they informed us that the next day he quit and joined the Monkhood!! :):D That's a good place for him..