U.G.

Your consistent recommendations and constant 'upping' of the

Duke's more than prompted me in posting my thread, which I

probably would not have done otherwise, and after contact

from the Duke's rather regret now. So . . . keep it in

moderation and you won't annoy people (me) into giving negative

feedback as a form of balance!

David

I'm sorry that you and a few others of your type are bothered by my posts and recommendations, but the truth is that many people appreciate them and send me PMs and stop by the shop to tell me so. I have made lots of new friends and customers through Thai Visa and I have no intention of changing what I post about because a few grumps resent it.

By the way, don't blame me for doing such a lousy thing to David and don't try to rationalize it. You were the one who went in to his restaurant looking for something to complain about and then posted that you "could list it in my top 10 worst places I have eaten in Chiang Mai" when you hardly even go to any other foreign restaurants and have no clue.

I am not the one that wrote that nasty, dishonest post.

Edited by Ulysses G.

I Didn't go in looking for something to complain about - how can you make that up?

I went in because of the hype, mainly generated by you

There was nothing dishonest about my post, I reported as I found - How can you make that up?

I have eaten in more than 10 resteraunts in Chiang Mai - hardly ever going doesn't invalidate my opinion

The owner was gracious in response.

David

Why couldn't you give me an answer when I asked you to come up with a better farang restaurant for a simular price?

You posted that the Duke's was one of the "the worst" restaurants that you have eaten at in Chiang Mai, but you couldn't name a better one, and then you try to blame your loathsome post on me. Come on guy. :)

Edited by Ulysses G.

Because I'm crap at rembering names I didn't list,

but these are places I can remeber!

The French Place, Marcos,

The Italian next to you,

the Italian near Panthip

The Italian at the end of the road going right at Panthip

Art Cafe

Hidden Cafe

Riverside

Good view

Wang Tan - Farang menu

Place upstairs Airport Plaza

The Pub

Tuskers

The Old Belle

UN Irish Pub

Red Lion

Piza place in Central plaza

Place on the road right past Phucom Hotel

Empress Hotel

Hotel next to Central

Le Spice

The expensive Indian near Panthip

German place near Red Lion

Love at first Bite

etc

etc

etc

You can name every restaurant in the city to get out of a tight spot now that you've had a long while to think about it, but you could not name even one right after you made your accusation.

Please point out some restaurants that you think are better. :)

user-online.pngDavidOxon From: Chiang Mai

Member No.: 34,071

spacer.gif

Ah, there you have me, it's a long time

since I spent so much on eating out as

we rarely eat western food in CNX.

Edited by Ulysses G.

Jesus Christ, it just never ends does it?

i'm sick to death of reading about the fuc_king dukes on here. it logjams the entire bloody forum.

If I might offer a word of advice, your chances of recovering your health and well-being will be enhanced if you devote your ill-will not toward the innocent lads and lasses who are posting on the offending and clearly marked threads, but rather toward the evil and remorseless characters who one can only imagine have tied you up and are forcing you to read all of them.

You are out numbered, so why don't you try ignoring threads about the Duke's? They are clearly marked. It should solve your problem. :)

they are clearly marked, you're right. but the content of this thread between two posters could be communicated via PM without yet again clogging up the forum with another duke's free advertising thread. posters on this forum shouldn't have to ignore spam, it shouldn't be here.

Edited by StevieH

I ignore threads about fixing auto engines and English football. One man's spam is another man's Maine lobster.

Besides that, David Oxen started the last two threads about the Duke's himself and now that they have backfired, he is moaning about too many references to the Duke's. :)

Edited by Ulysses G.

There are a few places where I have had consistently disappointing food in CM

(One of them recommended on TV by you) But I have not posted any negative feedback.

The reason I felt free to about this one was because it had been so publicly

exalted by you in particular, even to the point that you were asking us on here to

vote for it as one of the 10 best restaraunts in South East Asia! Building

such mighty high expectations must surely ask for a reaction when not realised?

You are out numbered, so why don't you try ignoring threads about the Duke's? They are clearly marked. It should solve your problem. :)

they are clearly marked, you're right. but the content of this thread between two posters could be communicated via PM without yet again clogging up the forum . . . .

The content of your above post could also have been communicated by PM, just as, if not more, effectively. Why did you not follow your own suggestion and send it by PM?

When I read these kind of posts it always reminds of the 4th and 5th grade children, when I was teaching the Dog Bite Prevention program, repeating me:

I ... AM ... KAAAAIIIIINDDDD

I AM NOT KIND

I am kind to my mother

I am NOT kind to my friend

I am kind to my dog/cat/fish/rabbit

At least these kids understood what it meant ....

When I read these kind of posts it always reminds of the 4th and 5th grade children, when I was teaching the Dog Bite Prevention program, repeating me:

I ... AM ... KAAAAIIIIINDDDD

I AM NOT KIND

I am kind to my mother

I am NOT kind to my friend

I am kind to my dog/cat/fish/rabbit

At least these kids understood what it meant ....

Maybe the kids understood but I don't. Did you teach children (through rote learning, it seems) not to be kind to their friends? If yes, it's kinda strange.

Another Duke's topic gone down the drain. A certain amount of bickering is pretty much standard form for the CM forum, but when it gets this out of hand then ...

//Closed//

BTW - here is a list of topics in the CM forum with the word "Duke" in them, 7 pages > Duke

:)

Edited by Tywais