Crackdown On Alcohol Advertising

george

Cabinet approves draft of ministerial rules on alcohol advertising

BANGKOK: -- The cabinet on Tuesday approved a draft of ministrial regulation which would allow logos of alcohol beverages to appear on television advertisement not more than two seconds.

The regulations were issued in accordance with Alcohol Beverages Control Act which prohibits presence of images of alcohol products in any advertisements.

Deputy Government Spokesman Watchara Kannikar said, "The new draft of ministrial regulation gives clearer information concerning advertising airtimes, contents and especially alcohol logos."

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009-05-26

Friend A and Friend B are watching the football when an advertisment for Heineken appears

Friend A "what was that an advertiment for?"

Friend B "beer"

Friend A "What Beer?"

Friend B "Heineken"

Friend A "No - What is beer?"

Friend B "It's an alcoholic drink. It has a bitter taste but it's very morish. If you drink enough in an evening you might develop a personality"

Friend A "Sounds like bad news to me. Sounds like an evil vice that could be to blame for so many problems in society"

Friend B "Nuff said. I quit"

Wow! I think it's going to work.

Edited by rkidlad

Friend A and Friend B are watching the football when an advertisment for Heineken appears

Friend A "what was that an advertiment for?"

Friend B "beer"

Friend A "What Beer?"

Friend B "Heineken"

Friend A "No - What is beer?"

Friend B "It's an alcoholic drink. It has a bitter taste but it's very morish. If you drink enough in an evening you might develop a personality"

Friend A "Sounds like bad news to me. Sounds like an evil vice that could be to blame for so many problems in society"

Friend B "Nuff said. I quit"

Wow! I think it's going to work.

Hahahhahahahha... Well said.

Are the government next going to cover the "Johnny Walker / Dewars" advertising boards with pretty flowers???

Just another load of nonsense from a Government that is becoming more farcical every day!

Just goes to show what a dour, miserable place Thailand is becoming as the Democrats allow the health fascists to dictate policy.

Cabinet approves draft of ministerial rules on alcohol advertising

BANGKOK: -- The cabinet on Tuesday approved a draft of ministrial regulation which would allow logos of alcohol beverages to appear on television advertisement not more than two seconds.

The regulations were issued in accordance with Alcohol Beverages Control Act which prohibits presence of images of alcohol products in any advertisements.

Deputy Government Spokesman Watchara Kannikar said, "The new draft of ministrial regulation gives clearer information concerning advertising airtimes, contents and especially alcohol logos."

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009-05-26

I can see the jingle writers licking their lips.

Chang, chang, chang, chang! nong ceuil gin chang ler brao?

Beer Chang, beer THAAAIIIIIIIIII!

People aren't attracted by logos on TV, that is the whole point! Hamlet and every other cigarette manufacturer made a whole industry out of advertising without even mentioning or showing the name of the product for donkeys years.

Do people buy anything because the logo is attached to it on TV? These people who make these laws are so out of touch it is quite astonishing.