Lovers Of The Beautiful Game

pagallim

Apologies for repeating a post of a few days ago, however the day (or night!) has come. The biggest football game of the European season takes place this evening, Manchester United against Barcelona, 2 teams who apart from being their respective national champions, also embody the principle of attacking football.

Does anyone know of a venue that intends to show this game live on TV? It doesn't start until 0145, and should finish around 0400. I'll watch it at home if necessary, but this is such a big occasion I would prefer to enjoy it in the company of other football supporters.

Apologies for repeating a post of a few days ago, however the day (or night!) has come. The biggest football game of the European season takes place this evening, Manchester United against Barcelona, 2 teams who apart from being their respective national champions, also embody the principle of attacking football.

Does anyone know of a venue that intends to show this game live on TV? It doesn't start until 0145, and should finish around 0400. I'll watch it at home if necessary, but this is such a big occasion I would prefer to enjoy it in the company of other football supporters.

Boring, boring,,,,,,,,,.......... :)

Watch a man's game, Super 14 Final, rugby from Sth Africa, where MEN play MEN and work up a sweat, man to man contact.

NOT 22 prima donnas hollywooding fake injuries to get free kicks etc..

The beautiful game with pretty boys who neva get a hair out of place.

Most skilful, but boring to watch.

Problem solved! The Freedom (venue of choice!) is definitely showing the match, as well as doing a whole bunch of sandwiches etc. Man United and Tetley's bitter, a combination made in heaven!

Thanks to those who suggested alternative venues. Re the option of watching rugby from SA, I'm sure that most of the millions around the world who are planning to watch the Man U/Barcelona match just aren't aware of it. Hopefully they all have the link to this forum and hence will not be disappointed at only having to watch the biggest club match in the world, live from Rome.

Boring, boring,,,,,,,,,.......... :)

Watch a man's game, Super 14 Final, rugby from Sth Africa, where MEN play MEN and work up a sweat, man to man contact.

NOT 22 prima donnas hollywooding fake injuries to get free kicks etc..

The beautiful game with pretty boys who neva get a hair out of place.

Most skilful, but boring to watch.

Whats the point in writing that? Someone writes about trying to find a bar to watch a sports game with some fellow supporters and you come on and tell him its boring. If he thought it was boring he wouldnt have asked where was showing the game.

~Im sure the 100's of millions of people watching the final tonight would disagree with you. I dont support either team but im looking forward to it!!

Whats the point in writing that? Someone writes about trying to find a bar to watch a sports game with some fellow supporters and you come on and tell him its boring. If he thought it was boring he wouldnt have asked where was showing the game.

~Im sure the 100's of millions of people watching the final tonight would disagree with you. I dont support either team but im looking forward to it!!

Spot on! I think only the (football) World Cup final comes anywhere near the European Champions League final, as a spectacle and for atmosphere. I was in Barcelona for the '99 final, which was absolutely fantastic. With the two teams on show tonight, it doesn't matter who any football fan supports, just savour the skills and passion on display.

...Does anyone know of a venue that intends to show this game live on TV? It doesn't start until 0145, and should finish around 0400. I'll watch it at home if necessary, but this is such a big occasion I would prefer to enjoy it in the company of other football supporters.

Thanks for the reminder - nearly forgot!

Dämn - I was going to have an early night tonight so I could get up for a Don's brekkie.

Oh well, another day. Sorry Don.

(Two more plugs for Don. :))