Maxnet - Never The Same

Johnxxx

When I started with Maxnet I had an Indy with 2 Mbps. Then I got an upgrade to 3 Mbps. This all is priced at 590. Then I got an upgrade to 5 Mbps for free (would be Baht 1000). All of them with 512 up. Yesterday I got 2 Mbps again with 1024 up what is a Premier for free (would be 1090). Anybody else with this experience? What will be next? :):D

Does anyone know what TOT provides at the moment. I had this before and was very unhappy with it. At their homepage I find

http://www.tot.co.th/toten/index.php?optio...amp;Itemid=1082

But I know it is not correct.......even if it might be the true speed :)

In respect of my Maxnet upgrade to Premier I am not so sure if it was an upgrade or a downgrade in the end. Will check 2 more days.

Does anyone know what TOT provides at the moment. I had this before and was very unhappy with it. At their homepage I find

http://www.tot.co.th/toten/index.php?optio...amp;Itemid=1082

But I know it is not correct.......even if it might be the true speed :)

In respect of my Maxnet upgrade to Premier I am not so sure if it was an upgrade or a downgrade in the end. Will check 2 more days.

I'm not too sure that you have been upgraded to premier.

The system will route your traffic through Indy or Premier routers based on your username. It is not some setting they just can change at the exchange.

If your username is xxxx@indy, you still have indy service!

If your username is xxxx@indy, you still have indy service!

But Indy does not provide an upspeed of 1024 (working at this) and the international sites come pretty fast now - at least as long as the others seem to be in their beds. :D

A test with a server in San Francisco showed 1750/714 at 8 in the morning - Pattaya time.

At peak times it is not better than my old 5 Mbps connection - at least this was my experience so far. The downsside is the limitation of the download speed according a 2 Mbps account. I will check one more day and decide if I call the :) hotline :D or not.

Edited by Johnxxx

Indeed Indy packages do not offer 1Mbps uploads (on their website anyway).

Your ADSL connection exists out of two parts. One is the setting at the DSLAM, which will set the speed at which your router/modem will connect with the DSLAM.

This can be set for each individual user/phone line.

The second part is called the "realm". The realm is the part in your username after the @ sign. The realm will decide which routers you go through, Indy routers with a high contention (=sharing) ratio, or Premier routers with the lower contention ratio.

This they cannot change on an individual base. Any change done there would affect all users within the same realm. There is only one way to get you on the Premier routers and that is to change your username!

A quick check on what server you go through is to do a ping. Ping on the Indy servers invariably are higher then on the Premier servers!

This is what I get to Thaivisa (using Premier)

C:\Users\>ping www.thaivisa.com

Pinging thaivisa.com [203.174.85.146] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 203.174.85.146: bytes=32 time=108ms TTL=45

Reply from 203.174.85.146: bytes=32 time=106ms TTL=45

Ping statistics for 203.174.85.146:

Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),

Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:

Minimum = 106ms, Maximum = 108ms, Average = 107ms

Indeed Indy packages do not offer 1Mbps uploads (on their website anyway).

Your ADSL connection exists out of two parts. One is the setting at the DSLAM, which will set the speed at which your router/modem will connect with the DSLAM.

This can be set for each individual user/phone line.

The second part is called the "realm". The realm is the part in your username after the @ sign. The realm will decide which routers you go through, Indy routers with a high contention (=sharing) ratio, or Premier routers with the lower contention ratio.

This they cannot change on an individual base. Any change done there would affect all users within the same realm. There is only one way to get you on the Premier routers and that is to change your username!

A quick check on what server you go through is to do a ping. Ping on the Indy servers invariably are higher then on the Premier servers!

This is what I get to Thaivisa (using Premier)

C:\Users\>ping www.thaivisa.com

Reply from 203.174.85.146: bytes=32 time=106ms TTL=45

Minimum = 106ms, Maximum = 108ms, Average = 107ms

This is what I get - so what does this mean now?

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]

© Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>ping www.thaivisa.com

Reply from 203.174.85.146: bytes=32 time=54ms TTL=51

Reply from 203.174.85.146: bytes=32 time=46ms TTL=51

Reply from 203.174.85.146: bytes=32 time=47ms TTL=51

Reply from 203.174.85.146: bytes=32 time=47ms TTL=51

Minimum = 46ms, Maximum = 54ms, Average = 48ms

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>

The hotline confirmed that I was upgraded from my 5 Mbps Indy to a Premier account 2 Mbps but with 1024 up - instead of 512. It works great during not peak times. But when the torrent guys wake up it is much worse than my initial 2 Mbps Indy. So I asked them to set me back to Indy even if I will not get the 5 Mbps but the paid 3 Mbps with 512 up.

Lol, firstly John, you seemed quite happy with it all a couple of weeks ago on other threads. Well, maxnet and more probs ...it seems there's a new thread every 3 or 4 days on Thia Visa.

Hey I checked the san fran speed friday night (and then internet went down as I was replying to this thread LOL) it was 1.88 down and 0.22 up ping 261.

However, I checked this about a month ago when I was having my IP assignment issues (long damned story LOL) and with honesty: 240 KPBS down 20KBPS up and ping 1533 MS !!! (I have also had pings over 2000 for Las Vegas too) for me there has been a great improvment LOL, but other problems ensue eh!

Go on sign up for MaxdogexcrementNet and don't get what you pay for.