Marriage Visa In Cm

cm96

The website is mostly in Thai but it say's the application fee for marriage visa is $95,000 baht. Can people confirm this? I have'nt seen this mentioned on the visa forum, only about the other monetary requirements. Is this a non-refundable app fee even if the application is denied? Given a choice I'd rather spend $30,000 for a trip back to Hawaii and get another B visa.

Thanks.

That's for permanent residency!!

Marriage visa I believe you just need to show income and/or funds in the bank. Then the regular visa application fees apply.

Anyway, check the Visa forum; it's no different in Chiang Mai.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

The website is mostly in Thai but it say's the application fee for marriage visa is $95,000 baht. Can people confirm this? I have'nt seen this mentioned on the visa forum, only about the other monetary requirements. Is this a non-refundable app fee even if the application is denied? Given a choice I'd rather spend $30,000 for a trip back to Hawaii and get another B visa.

Thanks.

Since when is 95,000 THB $30,000 USD???

I meant I'd rather spend $30K baht on a flight back home. Thanks for the replies anyway.

Winnie, thanks did not realize that was for permanent res. Just spoke to a friend who applied for marriage visa last week.

Application fee was $1900 baht. As an additional note; This person was a foreign female married to a Thai. She asked for me;

what is the money requirement for foreign males marrying thais? Response from the lady (supposedly the lady who makes the actual final decisions) minimum $400K in the bank AND at least $40k/month income. Not OR. Suprised me.

$ sign or not I thought it was pretty self-explanatory. Ok I guess technically $ is only used to denominate US Dollars? Anyway, approximately $30,000 BAHT via China Air, Korean, whatever.

I more interested in the And/Or money requirement thing which it seems immigration likes to leave open-ended for their own reasons.

Thanks.

cm96,

You are right, flying back to Hawaii is the way to go. Marriage visas are a real pain and not worth the current or future troubles.

Here's the character you're looking for: ฿

So that'd be for example ฿1,900 to apply. Or ฿30,000 to fly to Hawaii.

Store it somewhere safe & special, ready to copy & paste. :)

Or, it's also on your keyboard, when you switch to Thai then you hit Shift-7 (the ampersand) This will also give you a ฿

As a special bonus, here is the sign for Lao Kip: ₭

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

The regulations clearly state that for an extension base on marriage you need:

an incoem of 40,000 baht a month

OR

400,000 in a Thai bankaccount

It is not AND, although I have seen this interpretation befor from CM, it is not policy.

The offical rules can be found here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/post-a70477-...ember-2008.html

Look at 2.18

Thanks.

Answer: NO.

I wouldn`t pay 30 baht for a visa to stay with my wife.

For 95000 baht, I could buy a new wife every week for the next 2 years.

chk.. Houston calling Sassienie... chhk...

( Psst, the 95K is for a residency status, not for a wife. Having a wife just gives you a discount. So having a woman kind of pays for herself in that sense. :) )

I already have the wife, and I guess I might as well get something for my troubles, even if it costs 95K. But what exactly does "residency status" confer on the lucky statusee? I suppose I won't have to do the 90 day reporting that, on a bad day, makes me feel like someone on perpetual probation. What else?

• 3 months later...
Here's the character you're looking for: ฿

So that'd be for example ฿1,900 to apply. Or ฿30,000 to fly to Hawaii.

Store it somewhere safe & special, ready to copy & paste. :)

Or, it's also on your keyboard, when you switch to Thai then you hit Shift-7 (the ampersand) This will also give you a ฿

As a special bonus, here is the sign for Lao Kip: ₭

Thanks, but I think this is much too complicated when you know that you can press Cap Lock and "b" and add a "." for good measure. I would think most people would know what we are talking about!

My 2 B.'s worth!

PS. I prefer to put in after I type the number because I say 500 Bahts not Bahts 500. Not sure what is "acceptable", but rules that are totally illogical and/or not pragmatic don't get my seal of approval! :D I think the rule for USD is $ + #, which is in my view a bit too anal for my liking. What about other currencies? Let's see who has the most logical and pragmatic rules!

OR

It is not AND, although I have seen this interpretation befor from CM, it is not policy.

The offical rules can be found here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/post-a70477-...ember-2008.html

Look at 2.18

It is And/Or because it can be a combination of both.

OR

Look at 2.18

It is And/Or because it can be a combination of both.

No, for an extension based on marriage to a Thai national you cannot use a combination of both.

Only for an extension of stay based on retirement can you use a combination of income and money in the bank, not for marriage to a Thai national!