Sea View Bungalows - Sunrise Beach, Haad Rin

I haven't paid a visit to KPN for over a year now, and always used to stay at Sea View in Haad Rin. The last time I was there, the manager told me that the lease was up on the land and they wouldn't be able to meet the increased rate. I've just got off the phone with her and she told me that is indeed what has happened.

My Thai is pretty poor to say the least, and I couldn't work out if she was saying that a new operation has replaced it - anyone got any info?

Cheers :)

I haven't paid a visit to KPN for over a year now, and always used to stay at Sea View in Haad Rin. The last time I was there, the manager told me that the lease was up on the land and they wouldn't be able to meet the increased rate. I've just got off the phone with her and she told me that is indeed what has happened.

My Thai is pretty poor to say the least, and I couldn't work out if she was saying that a new operation has replaced it - anyone got any info?

Cheers :)

A bit more information - it was the last operation actually on the beach at the north end of Sunrise Beach - just before you get to Mellow Mountain...

Its still listed on a local booking site so presumably its still there. TBH, I never go to Hadrin so can't say for sure. If you don't get a response from one of the other residents I can check with my husband in the morning (my morning :) ).

Hi SBK,

No, still no luck and I can't find anything on the internet. I'm wondering if the land owner took the operation over as a going concern when the 25 year lease ran out while they work out what to do with it. Anything you could find out would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Just got off the phone, the old people are no longer running it , and now there are new people running it, my husband doesn't recognize them, says they aren't from the island. He doesn't know if they are the owners or renting, but the management has changed hands.