Confessions Of A Hostie.

Zpete

Having been a passenger on aircraft of different sizes and vintages since 1947, I feel at home posting this 'article', URL below these excerpts.

If anyone knows how to hold it together from one side of the world to the other, it's the international hosties at Air New Zealand. But there's a few of you who don't make it easy for us. So, here are a few suggestions, meant in the nicest possible way:

There's an old saying, "you pack it, you rack it". Yes, I might be there to help you put your bag into an overhead locker. But not at the expense of my own back! If you've stowed so many bottles of duty-free booze into your carry-on that you struggle to carry it down the aisle, I'm going to think very hard before I risk my own health and safety by helping you lift that bag.

The same with bags you leave under the seat in front of you, which spill out into the aisle as you shuffle to get comfortable. At 4am, while I am serving glasses of water in the dark, I don't want to trip and fall over in front of 250 people because you left the strap out of your bag.

In that busy galley, your meal is prepared. I'm sorry if you don't get your first choice, and understand that the lamb is probably more tempting than the fish. But really, is it the end of the world? Screaming and yelling about the situation only makes you look foolish, and me less likely to want to fix the situation. If you approach it politely, you would be surprised what can appear from business class.

These girls and guys are there to make your flite a pleasure, but many passengers seem to wish to blame hosties for all problems and make their jobs a misery.

Read the full article here.......

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/lifestyle/news/a...jectid=10575507

Let's all help each other, passengers and crew to make our flites a pleasure, Air Asia and co, to Thai, Singapore, who ever.

Edit for spell check.

Edited by Zpete