Beach Resorts From Hay Yai Airport

Fellow Travellers,

Me, my wife & daugther (4) land in Hat Yai early in June for 3 nights, was originally going to 'out & about' with a family friend but they can no longer make it so we now have 3 nights and no where to stay - Songhkla beach hotels are all full - seminar in town :)

Can anyone suggest a decent beach resort within travelling distance of Hat Yai, even on other side of coast?

Alternative is to just not go - flights were almost free in Thai promotional deals. Maybe stay in Bangkok?

Fellow Travellers,

Me, my wife & daugther (4) land in Hat Yai early in June for 3 nights, was originally going to 'out & about' with a family friend but they can no longer make it so we now have 3 nights and no where to stay - Songhkla beach hotels are all full - seminar in town :)

Can anyone suggest a decent beach resort within travelling distance of Hat Yai, even on other side of coast?

Alternative is to just not go - flights were almost free in Thai promotional deals. Maybe stay in Bangkok?

not much to do down there if you cant get to Songkla. my girlfriend is form there. best to spend your three days elsewhere

There are very good value hotels in Hat Yai and it is only about a 30 minute share taxi ride to Songkhla. Much more to do in Hat Yai than in Songkhla so I would stay there (and have for both travel to Malaysia and in country vacations).

Fellow Travellers,

You can take car from airport and go anywhere - even to Penang in Malaysia.But -better go to Pakbara port and book any available resort on nearby islands,or go to Krabi,which

is more attractive itself,stay in town,take boat somewhere if weather permits.Somewhere-where? the best beaches of LOS are there.Have you heard about - Railey and AoNang?

You will not forget and you will come back for longer stay.

Fellow Travellers,

Considering that you are traveling with a 4 year old, there's not much to do for you in Hat Yai, except shopping and enjoying the food. I second the above poster about Krabi, and especially Ao Nang.

If you have the possibility to scrap your stay in Hat Yai, and opt for a real impression of what Paradise is like, go for it and head to Krabi/Ao Nang.

If you have not made any hotel reservations in the Songkhla/Hat Yai area ( I am guessing that you land in Bangkok and then fly Air Asia to Hat Yai?) If so, you can have your flight changed for a small fee, and rerouted to Krabi.

My (Thai) wife and I stayed in Ao Nang 4 weeks ago for 3 nights, first timer, and we'll certainly go back. PM me for more info, or pictures of the excellent resort we stayed in. I'd be happy to help if I can.

post-49943-1243852441_thumb.jpg

post-49943-1243852807_thumb.jpg

post-49943-1243853037_thumb.jpg

Edited by hegenious

Thanks all :D

Think we have decided to scrap the Hat Yai flight, probably extend a trip to the north now.

Ao Nang is lovely I agree, went there many years ago (2001) and loved it, think it to far to travel from Hat Yai though, can't change flight :)