Nakhon Sawan

exeter

I would like some information on Nakhon Sawan please. Where do I find the bus station, how frequent are buses to Bangkok or Pattaya and how long does it take. Where can I find a good map of the city, anything I should know before I come like places to go or avoid.

Thank s for any help forthcoming.

I would like some information on Nakhon Sawan please. Where do I find the bus station, how frequent are buses to Bangkok or Pattaya and how long does it take. Where can I find a good map of the city, anything I should know before I come like places to go or avoid.

If you look into the Central Thailand forum there are a large number of threads about Nakhon Sawan and also quite a few members live in and around NS.

The bus station is in central Nakhon Sawan opposite the Pimarn Hotel.

Street Map:-

http://www.thailand-map.net/nakhon_sawan/city_map.htm

Tourist Map :-

http://www.thailand-map.net/nakhon_sawan/enlagre_map.htm

Bus to BKK & Pattaya? For comfort and speed you are much better getting a VIP mini bus. Every hour from some places. The bus will take you to Mor Chit and from Mor chit (BKK) you can get another to Pattaya. Journey time to Mor Chit is 3 hours (depending on time of day and traffic).

NS - BKK 300 Baht

BKK - Pattaya 130 Baht

Do not try to take the train from NS to Pattaya you have to change at BKK and change stations - a right pain in the ass.

Places to go?

Clubs? Nightlife? Food? Enough of those. Depends what you are looking for. Mostly Thai music in clubs. Pimarn expensive.

Hotels? from 450 baht a night for Dble room.

Nakhon Sawan Park. A big park. Large lake in the centre. Good walk over the bridge. Has a great Dragon statue. Plenty of food stalls. Fitness activities there.

Boat restaurant goes down the river on an evening. Not expensive for food and beer.

Bat Mountain.

30 kilometers away. Millions of Bats fly out of the mountain on an evening. Monkeys here also. You can feed them. Need to be careful, those monkeys steal anything not nailed down. Need transport to get there.

Bung Boraphet. (Free entry) 12 Kilometers away.

Massive lake. Boat trips around the lake 400 Baht per boat. 1 boat can carry 10+ people. You pay for the boat not per passenger.

Also here you can feed the Crocodiles.

There is a large Aquarium (small version of 'Sea Life centers) to walk around - 20 Baht last time I went.

Temples.

Plenty of those. Small but good one on top of the hill, lit up at night to look pure gold in colour.

Some good ones in the region - you need transport for these also.

Not a great deal else in the area. NS is not geared up for tourists.

Shops.

Big C

Tesco Lotus.

Markets galore.

I cannot think of anywhere to avoid. NS is a friendly place. Not too many places speak English or have staff that speak English. We 'make do and mend' as my old mother would say :D

If you want more info, be a bit more specific :)

Edited by G54

hi there,

bkk to nakhonsawan is 3 hours by bus ( or longer with heavy traffic) and lot of info including maps you find at www.nakhonsawanprovince.com

The only thing that may be an advantage when in nakhonsawan is to "speak thai" even with 3 uni's the spoken english is rather poor here.

mbox

Hey exeter..this is off topic,sorry..XRC is Exceter Gold on the TSX(toronto stock exchange).Wanna make some money? I aint kiddin'..there's my good deed for the hour..

sure off topic...post it in the appropriate forum please ! thank you mbox