Bring My Bull-terrier To Thailand

xxxarte

I have in Spain a female bull terrier 2 years and half, I m the legal owner. I have B visa with one year extention.

What is the legal procedure for importing my dog. Is some problems with some breed as bull terrier?

Thx for your advise / experience.

If it's a Pit Bull. DO NOT BRING IT TO THAILAND. :o

Some types of bulls are forbidden to enter thailand... I go for my dog's export licence on 18th in BKK airport.. I can check for you if bull terrier are allowed

If it is the case the procedure is long but simple.. Before leaving your country have your travel agency send a mail to BKK airport to let themk know a dog is on board.. Do the same when you register in the airport, ask the company to mail to BKK.

Have with you 2 or 3 copies (they never have enough!!!! and there is no xerox in the airport of course!!!) of your passport, visa, the dog's book etc..

Make sure you reach in the morning (the office closes at 4 o clock and you would have to wait till next day to get your dog... which will already have enough of 12 hours flight.. plus they keep him with the luggage in a hot garage) and go to quarantine office... They will check the dog (sometimes....) and give you an import licence for which you pay 100 bahts.. That's all..

Why to inform a dog is on board... because the vet has to come from BKK center... and if they call him when you reach it may take 2 hours before he reaches

The quarantine office is in the arrival hall where you get your luggage.. If closed it is near the domestic terminal..

But first of all check if this type of dog is allowed to be imported to Thailand I know Rottweiler and Pit bull are not

Good luck

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the advice, I will go with a Thai friend for a better communication.

For the detail a bull-terrier is not a pit bull. The personality and physical caracteristic of both dogs are fully differents. Mine live with a cat, other dogs and a family with children. It s my second one and I never have problems in 14 years I have this breed.

The two last dog show in Bangkok have the bull terrier head as the official logo.

banner-revise5.gif

This is a picture of a bull-terrier:

lg_artwork.jpg

And this is a picture of a pit bull:

tpicukc.jpg

And finally like everywhere there is some bad bull-terrier and some bad pit bull. also bad poddle exist too without forget bad masters...

bull terriers are great!!! bat like ears and crooked legs..... :o

BTW thaiboxer brought his 11 yr old rottie in to thailand just a few weeks ago according to his posts of ticks etc, so why dont u get a hold of him.... or talk to the thai dog clubs

bull terriers are great!!!  bat like ears and crooked legs..... :D

BTW thaiboxer brought his 11 yr old rottie in to thailand just a few weeks ago according to his posts of ticks etc, so why dont u get a hold of him.... or talk to the thai dog clubs

I've got updated info on importing dogs into the country. I'll start a new thread on this for all members. :o

Thanks for the advice, I will go with a Thai friend for a better communication.

For the detail a bull-terrier is not a pit bull. The personality and physical caracteristic of both dogs are fully differents. Mine live with a cat, other dogs and a family with children. It s my second one and I never have problems in 14 years I have this breed.

The two last dog show in Bangkok have the bull terrier head as the official logo.

banner-revise5.gif

This is a picture of a bull-terrier:

lg_artwork.jpg

And this is a picture of a pit bull:

tpicukc.jpg

And finally like everywhere there is some bad bull-terrier and some bad pit bull. also bad poddle exist too without forget bad masters...

I have in Spain a female bull terrier 2 years and half, I m the legal owner. I have B visa with one year extention.

What is the legal procedure for importing my dog. Is some problems with some breed as bull terrier?

Thx for your advise / experience.

Lovely dogs, love childeren, little bit naughty, don't realize their own power.

A year ago I bought a pupy female in Chiang Mai. I love here, the best buy I ever did.

Usually the Thai react a little affraid / surprised as they do't know if it is a dog , a rabit or a pig. As soon as fear has gone and they know your dog, everybody will love her. Yes they are allowed in Thailand.

Please don't compare with the dangerous pitbull !!!!