Reserving Flights For Visa Application

Hi there,

Currently getting all the documents sorted for my boyfriends UK visit visa. I've been told that its best to include a reserved flight in the application. I am planning for him to fly on the Air Asia X flight from KL to Stanstead but Air Asia do not allow reservations without full payment. Would it be sufficient to print off the planned itinerary without reserving? Or my other option is to reserve a flight with Etihad and then cancel it once we have the visa and book a flight with air asia - will he be ok when he lands in the UK if he is on a different flight than specified in the visa application?

Any help appreciated.

I've been told that its best to include a reserved flight in the application

Who told you that? Unless it was a member of staff at the British Embassy I would ignore them.

I beleive it is even specified not to make travel arrangements until the visa has been granted on the embassy website.

If i were you I wouldn't book a flight yet. Some cheap tickets are non-transferable - you cannot change the flight.

Due to the current delays it is better to wait until visa is granted before booking a flight. Also most flights aren't running at full capacity, so it wouldn't be too hard to find a flight within days of the visa being granted.

I just put on my girls visa application , Will book when visa granted. Then when it is granted Just book one, if you live in the UK or were ever just book an E ticket and tell them to pick it up at the Airport at the appropriate desk

Hi there,

Currently getting all the documents sorted for my boyfriends UK visit visa. I've been told that its best to include a reserved flight in the application. I am planning for him to fly on the Air Asia X flight from KL to Stanstead but Air Asia do not allow reservations without full payment. Would it be sufficient to print off the planned itinerary without reserving? Or my other option is to reserve a flight with Etihad and then cancel it once we have the visa and book a flight with air asia - will he be ok when he lands in the UK if he is on a different flight than specified in the visa application?

Any help appreciated.

helooo.. tell your boyfriend to go a travel agency and ask for "ticket for visa purpose". then it doesnt matter what flight company or whatever. then when u have the visa granted you just buy and normal real ticket. i bought mine in banglamphu for 2000baht.

Boo is correct in saying that UK Visas advise you against purchasing a confirmed ticket before the visa is granted, somewhere in the guidance notes they suggest you include a copy of the planned itinerary.

I personally wouldn't go to the trouble of making a ghost booking, they are not worth the paper they are printed on and the ECO will know that.

As for flight being half empty, there is a thread elsewhere advising that Thai are dropping some flights.