Air Asia cancellation and refund practice/policy

goofie

I am banging my head on a brick wall with Thai Air Asia, I bought a ticket from Chiang Mai to BKK, to Depart at 1225 today, around 8am I get a message saying that there is no flight and it's now 3pm.

I was getting absolutly no where on the phone to Air Asia, wnet to the airport, the man there, the "Air Asia Boss" he calls him self and says no refund, the plane is broken, there should be a 3pm flight. I have commitments in BKK with a forign compnay that ruins on western time, not Air Asia time and thats just cutting it to fine, even if the plane is fixed and departs at 3pm.

I have just bought a ticket on another company unfortuntatly, So, any ideas how to go to a higher authority to get a refund. Thier policy stinks. Cancell the flights but refuse refund beofore the fact.

Any Idea would help.

Info from their website:

Cancellation, Changes of Schedules: At any time after a booking has been made we may change our schedules and/or cancel, terminate, divert, postpone reschedule or delay any flight where we reasonably consider this to be justified by circumstances beyond our control or for reasons of safety or commercial reasons. In the event of such flight cancellation, we shall at our option, either:

• carry you at the earliest opportunity on another of our scheduled services on which space is available without additional charge and, where necessary, extend the validity of your booking; or
  • should you choose to travel at another time, retain the value of your fare in a credit account for your future travel provided that you must re-book within three (3) months therefrom.

only thing I could find

When you fly for business there are eventually going to be disruptions and changes for various reasons. The company I worked for and as an individual, we are aware that weather, equipment failure, crew issues, terrorism, crime, traffic, etc will come into play from time to time and you must be prepared to adjust. That's business. You were flying between two airports that have dozens of flights a day. To me you are a very lucky business traveler and should count your blessings. The little money you may lose in your Air Asia ticket should not affect the bottom line of your business. If it does you may want to look for a different line of work. Using Air Asia's rules posted above you probably can use the ticket at a later time within a three month window.

Chill.

Air Asia did the same thing to me before, on a trip back from Koh Phangan. They changed the flight from something like 5PM to 8AM. And it's not possible (due to the ferry times/travel time) to get the airport from Koh Phangan that early without cutting the vacation a day short and heading to the airport the night before (i already had all the hotels booked and paid for).

Initially they gave us the same dead end "no refund" BS. But we just continued to call them over and over again and each time ask for the manager, and then the manager of the manager, etc.... And eventually got a refund.

They even promised us a refund once, and then reneged on following up as to where the refund was. Required a significant amount of grinding them down.

And this was 3 months or so before the flight!

Ive edited the topic title.

Please take note of forum rules regarding libel.

in this case, frustrating as it may be, we do need to remember that any of us using such a service we agreed to accept their terms and condistions. including their refund and cancellation policy.

as someone pointed, you should be able to get a credit for the amount (to be reused for future flight purchase). might not be ideal, cos usually someone would have already had a bad perception of experience, and not want to re-use the service that the credit allows.

good luck

"I have commitments in BKK with a forign compnay that ruins on western time, not Air Asia time and thats just cutting it to fine, even if the plane is fixed and departs at 3pm."

It doesn't really sound like you wanted to travel to CM today, anyway.

Terry, I was in CM trying to get back to BKK. Air Aisa cancelled thier service, I also factored in now dealing with BKK rush hour which I had planned to avoid. I had classes at a school that actually runs on time with some western managment. I was forced to buy another ticket with another ailine. The manager for Air Asia in CM was simple rude person. I will do every thiong I can to let people know about this compnay and the attitude of their staff. I know that I can cost them alot more money on the net than they stole from me.

Terry, I was in CM trying to get back to BKK. Air Aisa cancelled thier service, I also factored in now dealing with BKK rush hour which I had planned to avoid. I had classes at a school that actually runs on time with some western managment. I was forced to buy another ticket with another ailine. The manager for Air Asia in CM was rude person. I will do every thiong I can to let people know about this compnay and the attitude of their staff. I know that I can cost them alot more money on the net than they stole from me.

You will get a refund but it will not happen quickly. You will find that this is true for any airline. If it was not a low cost carrier or even in a different place they might of been able to of gotten you on another flight using the same ticket.

A few years ago I had a flight set up with Air Asia Ubon to BKK and they called me to let me know that the flight was cancelled. I had to get a Thai flight instead.

I requested a refund and then followed up later by email when it had not appeared on my next credit card bill. I think it took about 2 months before the refund appeared.

If you fly with Air Asia, Jetstar or any other low-price cr*p airline, don't be surprised when you get cr*p service.

Coming back Had Yai- Phuket with Thai some years ago I had to re-arrange flight times about three times. No problems, great service, perfect English.......and no extra cost.

Simple, na ?

2 1/2 hours is not that bad. But it would be nice to refund 10 % of the ticket costs (how much would that be excluding airport fees)?

100 Baht???

Is that 100 Baht worth the hasle?

Air Asia are a joke, I had issues with them and trying to sort them out was like banging my head against a wall, they are a joke I will never fly with them again. They are certainly a no frills airline in every way.

I had classes at a school that actually runs on time with some western managment. I was forced to buy another ticket with another ailine. The manager for Air Asia in CM was simple a pathetic and rude person that I would not hesitate to break his nose next time in CM in 2 weeks time. I will do every thiong I can to let people know about this compnay and the attitude of their staff. I know that I can cost them alot more money on the net than they stole from me.

Are you a teacher or a student? If you're a teacher which school do you teach at... one day I might need to suggest one for someone and it would make things easier if I could start by ruling out any that employ teachers with anger management problems who can't even spell... nothing personal you understand but the attitude of staff is important.

Hello Jeffer, You are quick to assume I am a teacher. What makes you think that? Please tell me why you made a post assuming that?

Actually I don’t care to be honest. I am a student Jeffer, it is to my financial disadvantage when Air Asia Cancelled that flight. It was not delayed, but cancelled. If Air Asia cancel it, why can’t they refund it on request, instead of having the attitude of stupid white bullalow.

I am fed up of getting ripped off by Thai’s.

Edited by goofie