Uk Farangs In Khorat

blueandbrown

My friend ( gary ) is going to khorat for a couple of weeks from june 22 and he needs some ideas on where to find a good english meal and maybe meet up with some uk farangs who can tell him all thats good about khorat because he is thinking of moving there soon. any one who has business ideas on smallish budget most welcome, only people with positive ideas please enough negative back here in the uk already.

cheers guys

My friend ( gary ) is going to khorat for a couple of weeks from june 22 and he needs some ideas on where to find a good english meal and maybe meet up with some uk farangs who can tell him all thats good about khorat because he is thinking of moving there soon. any one who has business ideas on smallish budget most welcome, only people with positive ideas please enough negative back here in the uk already.

cheers guys

I think a Brit owned placed called the Ram is located on a street behind Makro.

I would suggest he rent a car for his time here. There are lots of farangs, but many keep to a quiet local life with their spouse or gf and close friends. It doesn't seem to have the same social atmosphere you find in the other typical expat places in Thailand like Pattaya, Hua Hin, Phuket or Bangkok.

At the same time, it's not heavily populated by farangs to the extent that Udon Thani is for example, and that is a good thing for now IMO. Being able to speak Thai is a big advantage in a place like this.

You can go anywhere you choose and I am sure someone will give you cheap thai lessons, but if you want to learn to speak thai then you will need to go to a decent teacher and pay the going rate I'm afraid mate. I will pm you some info of a really good teacher who runs her own school and you can make your own mind up. :)

HL :D