Khonkaen Western Food ?

Acer1

Just moved to Khonkaen,and looking for western food for cooking at home. Where can I find Mart / Supermarket / Deli, who sell western food?

Whole wheat bread - western hotdog - spaghetti - burgers - salami and much more, not to forget quality steaks.

Good Bakery in the city?

For western breakfast or lunch out, where to go?

Acer1 :)

Just moved to Khonkaen,and looking for western food for cooking at home. Where can I find Mart / Supermarket / Deli, who sell western food?

Whole wheat bread - western hotdog - spaghetti - burgers - salami and much more, not to forget quality steaks.

Good Bakery in the city?

For western breakfast or lunch out, where to go?

Acer1 :)

I will start with the stupid remarks:

Tesco, Big C and Tops all sell few things, less as before, but still have.

Bread, there are a few bakeries around the Kosa hotel that sell bread with the normal amount of sugar in it.

Also around the Kosa are a few "pubs" where you can get English style breakfast and lunch.

Hotdogs/spaghetti/burgers/salami can all be bought in Tesco and Big C, plus assorted sauces like HP, Heinz, aand more.

You have to improvise from time to time, but up till now I succeeded very well.

Donnas Farang Food Shop .Pies, Sausages, Bacon, Steaks, Bisto .Indian Curry. etc.

Near the big Temple on the big lake just outside the town center.

Ah ! I heard about this shop.. could never seem to find any info about it though. I'll pop in when I'm next in KK

Totster :)

The Pullman Khon Kaen Raja Orchid (former Sofitel) has a very good retail bakery in it. You can also buy some of the specialty breads they serve at the buffet. Ask them.

Or you could take a drive to Udon and shop here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Udonthani-t267645.html

Also in Udon, there is "Dieter's Rauch Kate" (bakery/deli/restaurant) and "By Nobi" (bakery/deli/restaurant).

All three have excellent products.

Edited by maxjay

Thank you. Donna farang food sound interesting. Location? Didnt find it when i used the search engine.

"big lake outside town center"? Near Pimanchol and/or Rim Bueng Inn, or am I lost?

Taken the few responses, I guess most of the foreigners in KK mostly eat thai food, I wish I could do the same, but too spicey for me ..smile.

Thank you. Donna farang food sound interesting. Location? Didnt find it when i used the search engine.

"big lake outside town center"? Near Pimanchol and/or Rim Bueng Inn, or am I lost?

Taken the few responses, I guess most of the foreigners in KK mostly eat thai food, I wish I could do the same, but too spicey for me ..smile.

Donnas. Go out of town past Bueng Kaen Nackon Lake. Past the huge temple and it is on the right next to a tyre shop.

Some slightly more specific directions than Lite Beer's.....

It is a little difficult to find the first time.

Go along Klang Munag road, heading out of town so that when you pass Fairy Plaza it's on your right. Keep going till you go through the big gold gate and continue for about another 2 km. You should see a PTT petrol station on the left. Take the U-turn after PTT and Donna's is pretty much opposite the PTT station.