Tourist visa extension

yes, when an extension is granted, it is from the expiration date of the old visa (and not from the date the extension application is made).  i have never done it very early (usually within a week of expiration) but i think one could apply for the extension as soon as they wished, like if they were going to be treaking around the country for weeks/months and not close to an immigration office.

• 10 months later...
<font color='#008080'>yes, when an extension is granted, it is from the expiration date of the old visa (and not from the date the extension application is made).  i have never done it very early (usually within a week of expiration) but i think one could apply for the extension as soon as they wished, like if they were going to be treaking around the country for weeks/months and not close to an immigration office.</font>

Oh well, it looks like I am digging in the past, but somitimes the man got to do what he got to do -he-he :D . So the 30 days extension will start from the day, the 60 days tousist visa expires, that is great, so I do not have to do it in the last moment ans in some cases even forget to do it. That pleasure will cost me 1900 baht too, I quess those guys and gals from the immigration got to make a living too :o , but what about the place you can apply for the extension-- Can you do it any of the immigrations offices here in BKK.

Thanks in advance and Cheers

Andy

• 10 months later...
Some people say the extension starts the day you go to the immigration office.

And can you extend in Phuket or Samui?

Thanks.

True, it DOES start the day you go to immigration office.

If it expire on 29 june and you go on 24 june, your new extension

will start on 24 june NOT on 29 june!

True, it DOES start the day you go to  immigration office.

If it expire on 29 june and you go on 24 june, your new extension

will start on 24 june NOT on 29 june!

Nope. Every time I get a 30 day extension at BKK on my 60 day tourist visa, I get 30 days from the date of expiry, not the date I show up. And the stamps in my passport are definitive proof, including the one I just got. Been doing it for some years now.

Some people say the extension starts the day you go to the immigration office.

And can you extend in Phuket or Samui?

Thanks.

There is an immigration office in Samui it is in Nathon , I extended an ordinary 30 day entry permit by 15 days by paying the 1900bht.

Edited by spacebass

You can do it at Suan Phlu Immigration office in Bangkok.

Could someone tell me where in Bangkok this place is ?

The name is the place. Soi Suan Phlu; going west on South Sathorn Road just after the Oz Embassy and a Shell station turn left and down the Soi about 1km or so - will be on left side after passing a normal police station.

MAP

Edited by lopburi3

The name is the place. Soi Suan Phlu; going west on South Sathorn Road just after the Oz Embassy and a Shell station turn left and down the Soi about 1km or so - will be on left side after passing a normal police station.

MAP

Tourist visas can only be extended in Bangkok? Could I do it in Nong Khai?

Thanks.

Any full service immigration office, like Nong Khai, can extend a visa if you have reason for doing so.

You are talking about a 60 day tourist visa right? If just a 30 day entry without visa it is up to them and you might gat a week or so for good reasons.

MAP

Is this the only one in Bangkok? any nearer to Sukhumvit ?

MAP

Is this the only one in Bangkok? any nearer to Sukhumvit ?

Yes. No.

• 2 weeks later...

Yippee!! :o ....For the first time in my life I have been given a thirty day tourist visa extention at Pattaya immigration on soi 8, that is from the date of expiry.

E.G. My visa was due to expire on 29 June, I went in on 27 June expecting a visa until July 27 and they gave me until 29 July. This has never happened before.....

In the past they always gave me thirty days from the day I applied. Also they always did the same for 30 day entry extension,( 10 days from presentation. )Maybe things are changing at soi 8!!!!