How Will The World Economy Be?

As we all notice, things are keep going down in the world. The main problem is:

- Salary is to low

- To much spending costs

- To much taxes to pay

- Fuel costs to high

- Prices of rental or buying way beyond normal.

- Trust in economy goes down, people don't spend = problem.

I realise in some countries this problem is allready worse than in others. Like for instance my home country The Netherlands :) . If you earn like € 1900 a month for your family (2 kids ) ( that a good paid job here ).

You will spend on average a month:

- House rental ( only not if you bought, but then have to pay the deposito rent) average: € 750

- Food for a month for family: € 375,00 ( If you take it easy )

- Fuel ( 1 tank average a month ) : € 65,00

- Insurance and road tax car: € 55,00

- G/W/E: € 150,00 ( If you take it easy )

- TV: € 22,00

- Internet/Phone (asdl ): € 45,00

- Fun spendings ( Theater, Museum etc ): € 200,00

- Clothing: € 170,00 ( yes a thailand imported jeans, can cost easily 75 euro here )

- Other spendings witch I may forget, depends on family.

That leaves for saving a month: € 68,00 :D .....

This is based on average, as I know my family here, there's nothing left for saving, while the house is bought, 2 earnings from renting, 1 salary from dad, and still left almost nothing a month. And than the goverment is amazed why there is a crisis....

For Thailand I don't know how are the statistics, but would be interesting to shear in this topic.

I will give you an example of house buying here:

For € 239,500 k.k ( Cost buyer ). You buy this small house here:

5572c374-7eff-4f92-8d55-229d761d4064-445x334.jpg

Know what house would you buy for Baht 11.017.000 in Thailand? :D

Posts have been deleted, the man is dead and his friends and family are grieving. If you want to do a film critique I think that a thread announcing the death of the person is really not the appropriate place.

To Datsun, I hate to do this dude, because I really hate the spelling police myself, but when we say 'too much' something we spell it with two o's. I cant follow your thread because you seem to be sending something rather than saying, your salary is too low. You are spending too much, you have too many taxes to pay. Theres too many thai girls trying to get the money from your wallet. All of this shouldnt be confused with two is less that three.

PS: Why do you idolise such a crappy old car?

Posts have been deleted, the man is dead and his friends and family are grieving. If you want to do a film critique I think that a thread announcing the death of the person is really not the appropriate place.

To Datsun, I hate to do this dude, because I really hate the spelling police myself, but when we say 'too much' something we spell it with two o's. I cant follow your thread because you seem to be sending something rather than saying, your salary is too low. You are spending too much, you have too many taxes to pay. Theres too many thai girls trying to get the money from your wallet. All of this shouldnt be confused with two is less that three.

PS: Why do you idolise such a crappy old car?

Say again, what are you talking about? I don't understand it.

Dont worry, I think he is just on the wrong thread. I am not that bright but it definitely is a picture of a house and not a car.

(Although maybe the people who built the house should be run over by a car.)

Dont worry, I think he is just on the wrong thread. I am not that bright but it definitely is a picture of a house and not a car.

OK, as I see it, here is the story so far:-

Datsun makes a post that is nothing to do with Thailand but references a 'typical' income and expenditure schedule in the Nether-regions and tries to compare an 11m Baht house in Thailand with Dutchland - pointless exercise ??

The confusion about houses and cars comes from neverdie referencing the crappiness of the Datsun 240Z after mis-spelling his own contribution and bringing in sbk's post from another, unrelated topic.

I think too many people in this topic have been drinking or, smoking something that is illegal in most countries :)

Yes, chai has it in one!

I have also tried to clarity this myself, but lost the post, so I know its time to goto bed. This is what happens when one tries to do more than one thing at a time :) .

ps: I dont need to smoke or drink anything, I'm silly enuf without that kinda stuff thanks :D

That´s one of the Dutch style house, my home country for that is, ugly isnt it, and for that insane amount of money.

My name is just for a car that I like: Datsun ( Nissan ) 240Z ( Fairlady Z ).

My name is just Bart.

Big thanks...

With this topic I wanted to point out how difficult it is in the Western countries to survive, with a good payed ( high middle class ) salary today. To show to Thai people, who think foreingers are rich, well we are not.

Even people owning own companies here, don't make big bucks. I've know several in my relatives, who have clothing stores, painting companies, bike companies and car companies. They can live from it, but not getting rich either.

What I meant to say is that Thailand is still easy on this, IF we bring our salary to Thailand, IF we earn Thai salary, I think it remains the same or worse. ( That's why I wanted to share some information about AVERAGE family spending in this topic. My example was of the netherlands.

Edited by Datsun240Z

That´s one of the Dutch style house, my home country for that is, ugly isnt it, and for that insane amount of money.

Yeah, dont worry Datsun, my comment wasnt meant as an insult. In my home country, the UK, they build pig-ugly homes too. There was a time that the asking price for a parking space in London was pretty much as much as the average Dutch ugly home, and although the parking space is less aesthetically obnoxious, at least the home you show is inherently more useful.

If you're from the Netherlands, YOU can't buy any House in Thailand... :)

says WHO? of course you can own a house! what you can't own is the land.

says WHO? of course you can own a house! what you can't own is the land.

:):D:D He is right

That aside........Hey Bart/240Z

You know it all balances out. Yes it does seem expensive & Yes Thailand does seem cheap.

But it is only because your looking at TL with eyes & wages from your home country.

TL would not look cheap if you were doing your job there @ TL wages.

But I agree with the taxes expenses being hig bit in your country & ours ( USA)

But I have also always known that most jobs in life are just good for the daily bread. You need an idea or a business of your own to have a bump in your income. Easier said than done during this time period. The world seems to be having a financial problem these days :D

Edited by flying

Actually this raises an interesting (to me) point that I have been pondering about on and off over the years. Doubtless there have been numerous books written by economists already, just need to come across a readable one.

There seems to be the general rule that the average employee will never become rich or have much discretionary spending because wages are held down by companies, the aim of which is to make the owners and not the employees rich, and prices rise to mop up the rest of the after tax income.

So the average employee will always be "nose to the grindwheel" just to make ends meet.

And then a similar rule applies to the next level, those running small businesses, many of which go tits up after a year or two. In Thailand if a new small business (noodle stand for example) looks successful, then inside of a month there will suddenly be three noodle stands in the same area, so even if the first business was successful, afterwards the number of businesses seems to increase until they are all "noses to the grindstone" to the point that if another one opened, then they would all start making a loss.

So, unless you have well above average skills, own income generating assets like property or break through in business with a product or service, it's "nose to the grindstone" until retirement.

And even then, with the average person living considerably longer and all the pensions schemes already insolvent, maybe any plans for retirement will have to be cancelled? The UK has already made steps in this direction.

Hmmm, guess I have had a few lucky breaks because I can sit here in Thailand and write such drivel.

:):D :D :D

As we all notice, things are keep going down in the world. The main problem is:

- Salary is to low

- To much spending costs

- To much taxes to pay

- Fuel costs to high

- Prices of rental or buying way beyond normal.

- Trust in economy goes down, people don't spend = problem.

I realise in some countries this problem is allready worse than in others. Like for instance my home country The Netherlands :) . If you earn like € 1900 a month for your family (2 kids ) ( that a good paid job here ).

You will spend on average a month:

- House rental ( only not if you bought, but then have to pay the deposito rent) average: € 750

- Food for a month for family: € 375,00 ( If you take it easy )

- Fuel ( 1 tank average a month ) : € 65,00

- Insurance and road tax car: € 55,00

- G/W/E: € 150,00 ( If you take it easy )

- TV: € 22,00

- Internet/Phone (asdl ): € 45,00

- Clothing: € 170,00 ( yes a thailand imported jeans, can cost easily 75 euro here )

- Other spendings witch I may forget, depends on family.

That leaves for saving a month: € 68,00 :D .....

This is based on average, as I know my family here, there's nothing left for saving, while the house is bought, 2 earnings from renting, 1 salary from dad, and still left almost nothing a month. And than the goverment is amazed why there is a crisis....

For Thailand I don't know how are the statistics, but would be interesting to shear in this topic.

I will give you an example of house buying here:

For € 239,500 k.k ( Cost buyer ). You buy this small house here:

5572c374-7eff-4f92-8d55-229d761d4064-445x334.jpg

Too many people all wanting a great lifestyle/ car/house/consumer items/foreign travel etc It cant go on endlessly but where the limit is who knows? Suspect war as its the usual answer, but to constantly sell more and more of a product each year just isnt viable.

As we all notice, things are keep going down in the world.

200Euro is 10.000 baht, for fun in your family.

Thats thai salary for most police/teachers/nurses/public office employees/

They do not buy 11 mill baht houses.

Yes € 200 euro is nothing here, for fun spendings. Compare salary indeed.

Seems to me you started this topic to complain about the costs of living in Holland compared to family income.

The people in Thailand have in general family-income similar to you familys fun spendings. They would probably spend it like this

4.000 baht for homeloan to pay for townhouse, or rent

1.500 baht for motorbikepayments

300 baht gasoline

300 baht electricity

FOOD

Nothing left for fun spendings

Except if they have an extended family, farang friend or other sources.

If your family can afford a car and money for fun, stop complaining. Most people in the world can not.

It think it would be same same, only different countries. Then on the other hand Holland changed in a 100 years, from almost nothing to modernised. Development goes alot quicker, than for instance Thailand, why? I don't know.

Like in the 70's, 1 liter of 95 could be bought for 15 eurocent, nowadays it's 1,45 euro. Than offcourse the salary rose, but lineair calculation shows we went only downhill.

Too many people all wanting a great lifestyle/ car/house/consumer items/foreign travel etc It cant go on endlessly but where the limit is who knows? Suspect war as its the usual answer, but to constantly sell more and more of a product each year just isnt viable.

Nothing wrong with wanting stuff, that's what motivates people to get off their <deleted> and work.

The problems start when they take out large amounts of credit, or think that they are getting rich because of rising house prices, and then release equity by taking out even more debt to allow themselves to enjoy the lifestyle they think they deserve.

Looks like it has all groaned to a halt for the time being.

Suspect war as its the usual answer

Reminds me of an ancient joke, it ran along the lines

JOIN THE ARMY

Visit foreign places

Meet foreign people

... AND KILL THEM.

:)

It think it would be same same, only different countries. Then on the other hand Holland changed in a 100 years, from almost nothing to modernised. Development goes alot quicker, than for instance Thailand, why? I don't know.

I think that you will find that development in Asia is screaming along at a far far faster rate than the industrial development that took place in the West. After all the Asians are building upon all the technological advances made in the West.

Like in the 70's, 1 liter of 95 could be bought for 15 eurocent, nowadays it's 1,45 euro. Than offcourse the salary rose, but lineair calculation shows we went only downhill.

I have no idea how much a litre of fuel costed in Thailand in the 70's, but it now costs around 30 Baht, which makes, relatively speaking, your fuel in Holland quite cheap.

Friend of mine is in the army, now in Afghanistan. He's curious what the fuc_k they are doing there, those people can manage themselves really well. They don't need us.

He's making sure all the generals have a job to do and can ask for more tax payers money to allow them to ponce around pretending to be Genghis Khan.

Friend of mine is in the army, now in Afghanistan. He's curious what the fuc_k they are doing there, those people can manage themselves really well. They don't need us.

He's making sure all the generals have a job to do and can ask for more tax payers money to allow them to ponce around pretending to be Genghis Khan.

:)