Bangkok Gold Coast With Air Asia

Woofer

The planes are like new, arrive and depart on time, 90% of the time, the staff are very friendly, and it is good to have the alternative without the gold plated prices. Sure you have to buy a meal and drinks but I can well and truly put up with the small inconvenience for the super low fare. Give them a try I am sure you will not be disappointed, I flew from the Gold Coast to Bangkok return without any problems and am doing it again with Air Asia in September.

i have travelled with them both ways gold coast to bkk and back and found them the same as any other airline besides the lack of tv but thats what you get for the price you pay, it just means you have more money to spend when you get there, only thing i didnt like was the fact from kl to bkk and back you could only take 15kgs and had to pay for each additional kg where as from gold coast to kl and back was 20kg

They are crap, the main problem I had is they are a point to point carrier, that means they are not responsible for connecting flights, even if those flights are with there own airline, from the gold coast to KL they are consistantly late which means you miss the connection to Bkk (yes even 3 hours late), so you get to Kl and get shafted into buying another flight from Kl to Bkk at higher prices. This has happened to me on two occasions, so what was a cheap flight soon becomes expensive.

As other have said don't waste your money, I just got BNE to BKK return in September for $760au with Thai, you can fly with Qantas or British for around $1000 just about anytime you like, pay the extra few hundred and don't waste your time.

They are crap, the main problem I had is they are a point to point carrier, that means they are not responsible for connecting flights, even if those flights are with there own airline, from the gold coast to KL they are consistantly late which means you miss the connection to Bkk (yes even 3 hours late), so you get to Kl and get shafted into buying another flight from Kl to Bkk at higher prices. This has happened to me on two occasions, so what was a cheap flight soon becomes expensive.

As other have said don't waste your money, I just got BNE to BKK return in September for $760au with Thai, you can fly with Qantas or British for around $1000 just about anytime you like, pay the extra few hundred and don't waste your time.

Yes just checked with Thai - Chiang Mai to Brisbane return for 1 adult and 2 children and got a great rate at THB 310,000. That also included having to overnight in Bangkok at extra cost and it isn't even a direct flight. Air Asia wouldn't be my first choice either, but the price (about 30k!) and schedule is better. Thai have got to be kidding haven't they?

The planes are like new, arrive and depart on time, 90% of the time, the staff are very friendly, and it is good to have the alternative without the gold plated prices. Sure you have to buy a meal and drinks but I can well and truly put up with the small inconvenience for the super low fare. Give them a try I am sure you will not be disappointed, I flew from the Gold Coast to Bangkok return without any problems and am doing it again with Air Asia in September.

What is the extra cost to get to Sydney?

Chunkton. Thai airways are very hit and miss, sometimes the flights are very reasonable or even cheap, other times they are way over the top.

I can't figure out how I can be quoted $760au BNE - BKK and one week later it be $2500au

Seems Crazy