Koh Samui In End May Begin June

Harryvb

Hallo

We are going end of may begin june for about 7 days to Samui and we have a few questions and wishes .

We are both 47 , so we do not need a disco anymore , we like to have a chat with other people by a beer and still understand what the other is saying , unless we are to drunk of course .

1) We like a quit part but still on walking distance to some small restaurants and a shop just to buy some water or a bottle of wine.

2) Is there during the above period places to avoid , to much wind or no good sea ?

3) We are thinking to spend around a 1000 BTH for a bungalow .

4) So if you have any recommendation about a bungalow or a beach please let us now .

Thanks

Adrienne and Harry

Belgium

Hallo

We are going end of may begin june for about 7 days to Samui and we have a few questions and wishes  .

We are both 47 , so we do not need a disco anymore , we like to have a chat with other people by a beer and still understand what the other is saying , unless we are to drunk of course  .

1) We like a quit part but still on walking distance to some small restaurants and a shop just to buy some water or a bottle of wine.

2) Is there during the above period places to avoid , to much wind or no good sea ?

4) So if you have any recommendation about a bungalow or a beach please let us now .

Thanks

Adrienne and Harry

Belgium

Well I don't know how quiet you want it but Lamai Inn 99 ( search google under that) is in Lamai right on the beach and with its own restaurant available that is said to be good , but a bit pricier than the Restaurants on the main drag which is about 250 metres away ( easy to find, behind Macdonalds, long way!) a good selection of accommodation , bungalows or en bloc , I stayed en bloc for 900 bht for a very nice Air con, with good cable TV and fridge with good bathroom and nice patio. Its jusy a little bit away from the action but an easy walk to shops and plenty of restaurants bars ,thai food etc. Bit of a building site next door in October I would check on that.

If you are considering Lamai then perhaps look at Lamai Wanta as opposed to the Lamai Inn 99; I have a customer who has stayed in both (as well as the Marina Villas/The Weekender and the Aloha) and he considers Lamai Wanta to be be the best of the bunch....book in advance though as I've heard it is virtually full for the next 2 months....Enjoy!! :o

Hallo Malice

We where thinking to go to the Lamai Wanta.(Have read some comments)

Can you ask your customer what is happening there during night or evening please because we are most of the time out during daytime to explore the island and like to sit down on the terrace of our bungalow during the evening just enjoy some glass of wine without to much noise from disco's.

En what about daytime , are there many people on the beach or can you still get a quit spot ?

Thanks in advance

Adrienne and Harry

Try looking around the bophut area, or even Ban Bang Rak, 10minutes by taxi to chaweng for busy nightlife, 5minutes to Bophut fo resteraunts & relaxed daytime bars, very quite, nice beach & hardly anyone one them, some local shops, bars & restaraunts but very low key & relaxed. Secret Garden resort has live music on Sundays & nice bungalows 50metres from beach. If your not interested in the ladybar nightlife then this would be my suggestion but otherwise stay in Lamai, less crazy than Chaweng, nicer atmosphere, better access to all amenities as smaller & some live music venues & good resteraunts & shops & about 30 mini marts!!!

Have a great trip

Hallo Booo

It looks like a nice area to stay, we already read about secret garden and is live music on sundays, looks nice.

We dont understeand te part about the ladybar nightlife ,what do you mean by that ?

Let me explain something : we are both 47 , we have 2 sons one 24 en One 21 so we are past nightlife and not looking for a thai partner but we both like thai people because they are so friendly.

We are just back from december , we visit Koh Lanta , Krabi and Kao Lak .

We where lucky to make it back , friends of sweden didn't.

So in fact we are looking for a place not to crowded but still on walking distance for breakfast and diner.

Harry

Just checking Harryvb that you weren't looking for female/male thai company for certain services :D as they would be harder to find in ban Rak :D It sounds like then that either Bohput or Ban Rak is the place for you both, check out this website for secret Garden http://www.secretgarden.co.th/

I lived on Samui for 7 years & even though I lived on the other side of the Island this was always my favorite spot :o

Boo,

Ban Rak is the up and coming area for nightlife. Within a few months 3 new beer bars opened. Cosmic 1, Cosmic 2 and Kinnaree 2 has now a Kinnaree 3 on the beach.

I do assume you know Kinnaree2?? That in itself made your point pretty pointless. :o

What do you mean hard to find. When is the last time you been to Ban Rak?

Edited by limbos

Hallo

We are going end of may begin june for about 7 days to Samui and we have a few questions and wishes  .

We are both 47 , so we do not need a disco anymore , we like to have a chat with other people by a beer and still understand what the other is saying , unless we are to drunk of course  .

Thanks

Adrienne and Harry

Belgium

Personally, I would highly recommend Lamai - have stayed there with the Thai GF several times (6 I think). It's got some decent bars a club or two, some great resaurants and also the ubiquitous girlie bars found in all tourist destinations.

I'd also highly recommend a place called Sea Breeze Bungalows (Tel +66 77 424258 - if I remember correctly) which has a bar and restaurant on the premises and direct access to the beach which you won't find too busy.

You can get a VERY good bungalow with air-con / hot water (no tv though) for a basic rate of THB 1000 per night but they'll give a discount for stays of 1 week plus if you ask.

Give them a call and ask for Pia (owner / manager) or Honey who both speak good / passable english and tell them what you want.

Hope you have a great stay wherever you end up

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

There is a wine specialty shop in Chweng beach close to the main beach where the surfers go. There are a series of bungaloes at this part of the beach. We stayed at the Lotus bungalo which is close to the wine shop. The lotus seemed very safe to us and close enough to the main surfing beach to briefly walk. It is in the center of Chweng and not far from some very good restaurants. The Paviman Restuarant is abut five minutes walk up the beach. YOu can dine while hearing the surf and looking out over the the sea--very nice. Have a great vacation.

janati

Hallo

Thanks

Adrienne and Harry

Belgium