Truck Driver Fatally Shot In Suspected Road-rage Incident

cuddleypete

Truck Driver fatally shot in suspected road-rage incident

Just after 3am on Saturday, Police Colonel Nopadon, the Chief of Chonburi District Police responded to a call relating to a suspected fatal shooting on the Pattaya-Chonburi Bypass Road. A truck driver who was driving as part of a three truck convoy was fatally shot in the head following what is thought to be a road rage incident. The truck came to a halt following the shooting and the Police were called to inspect the body of Khun Worawoot aged 39 who works for a haulage company from Samut Prakan Province. The other two drivers in the convoy remained at the scene and explained to Police that a Bronze Isuzu Pick-up had pulled up beside the cab of the lead truck which was being driven by the victim. Words were seen to be exchanged and then the driver produced a gun and shot at the victim and then drove off. Police suspect the shooting was not pre-planned and believe that the truck was involved in a near accident moments earlier with the pick-up. Police are investigating.

http://www.pattayaone.net/news/2009/june/news_06_06_52.shtml

Yes Road-rage can and does happen in all Countries, even in the land of smile. Just this pass Friday on my normal little route I encounter a very :D driver I got :) this knuckle cut in front of me darn near causing an accident, but a deep deep breath I quickly took the Mai Pen Rai approach follow this fool at a safe speed and space, turn out this woman and son was in an urgent need for the toilet :D:D both had diarrhea big time, during near cause a serious accident/injures to get to the toilet, so I ask you all what do you do or would you do if driving and need to take a Toilet break in a hurry? Over to you all. :D yes but did cause a little road rage.

My condolences to the friends, family and co-workers of the victim.

I am glad I don't have a gun in my vehicle, because I do feel like shooting drivers at the rate of about 5 per kilometer!

I can't see how the driver of the pick-up could actually manage to shot the truck driver. The pick-up is riding much lower than the truck, can't see how he could hit the truck driver across the passenger seat and up into the truck cab. Possibly a passenger in the pick-up? RIP

My condolences to the friends, family and co-workers of the victim.

I am glad I don't have a gun in my vehicle, because I do feel like shooting drivers at the rate of about 5 per kilometer!

I know what you mean!