Really Tasty British Food In Chiang Mai?

Ulysses G.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like UN Irish as well.

I haven't tried the pub food items that are specifically British (Shepherd's Pie, etc.).

I do like the steak sandwich on a baguette (they are a bakery as well) and I like the fact they show MotoGP and Formula 1 throughout the season.

I also hear many people like The Pub for roasts and the large traditional style English food meals with all the trimmings.

Hey, there is always something we can criticize about this place or the other.

The truth is we are blessed to have so much choice in this city.... :)

id just suggest that you are a sad old fart. But you could see it coming when you started to lose your hair .Photoshop has a lot answer for and they are all photoshopped. Ive had them analysed, Grow up ian. get over the fact youre not here. And stop it generally youre far too old for this kind of shit.

UG I want to see pics of you with your "friends" Have u got any? Those poor poor people.

And I call BS on you. Why would you go to the effort of analyzing other people's photos? It certainly puts you in a poor light trying to demean others. I've had a wonderful, full life and wouldn't change anything. And, I'm STILL having a great time and I'll be out fishing for steelhead tomorrow.

Oh, and yes I DO photoshop photos, but when I do so I make it obvious to poke fun at myself and not others.

Weird_Ian_Em.sized.jpg

Zorro1

Goat meat is considered a delicacy in many parts of the world. Where were the pics taken? Did you pack the meat and take it home or just eat the best bits ?

What about parasites etc, how did you cook it, all interesting stuff

edit

the first goat was a midget? it fits well into your back pack lol, just noticed your a trophy hunter, nothing wrong with that great pics

They are wild Stone sheep from northern BC, not goats. The meat is excellent even from an old ram. We have to carry the animal out in sections and if I shoot a trophy I normally cape out the head first and pack it down. Then I go back for the remainder of the meat. I've never found any parasites in the meat and cooking would kill them in any case. All the photos were scanned off old prints I have. I haven't shot a sheep in about 10 years because I don't need another trophy on my wall and one deer a year is enough meat for me.

id just suggest that you are a sad old fart. But you could see it coming when you started to lose your hair .Photoshop has a lot answer for and they are all photoshopped. Ive had them analysed, Grow up ian. get over the fact youre not here. And stop it generally youre far too old for this kind of shit.

UG I want to see pics of you with your "friends" Have u got any? Those poor poor people.

I've certainly got many more friends than you do, but that is a given.

I've got enough friends that I don't have to get drunk and hide behind a computer taking cheap shots at nice people like Ian Forbes to make me feel better about being such a miserable git.

All of that joy in life really grates on you, doesn't it?

:)

I've got enough friends that I don't have to get drunk and hide behind a computer taking cheap shots at nice people like Ian Forbes to make me feel better about being such a miserable git.

:D from a friend of UG's :D

Whenever I'm in Chiang Mai I regularly eat at The Olde Bell, which is a British Pub on Loy Klo rd. They do the full range of British pub grub: Ploughmans lunch, Fish 'n Chips, various pies, Cornish pasties, Liver 'n bacon, bangers 'n mash and gammon and pineapple as well as Chicken Tikka Masala, pizza, and some more fancy dishes AND Kippers for breakfast!! Looking forward to being back in Chiang Mai next month, enjoying a few of the above at The Bell: was working in Angola until last week and the food sucks! Love my Brit comfort foods. Always happy to try new places as well, tried the UN Irish which is fine. Mad Dogs is OKish, but for the moment the Bell is my kinda place!

Well said UG, Sagaris no need for comments like that i think you are the sad person here.