C A N A D A D A Y -- July 1st

shepsel

Is it too early to ask about any Canada Day celebrations coming up in a couple of weeks? I know the US Consulate is having a celebration for Americans on July 4th, but is anything being planned for Canada Day?

For the past few years, my wife and I have organized a Stampede Breakfast for the Canucks in town. We usually get around 70 people. However; we're not going to be around this July 1st and will leave it to someone else to throw something together. As mentioned in a previous post, Miguels, Salsa Kitchen and (I think) O'Malleys are owned by Canadians. Perhaps something could be organized at one of those places. It's up to someone else to plan this year.

My parents had a summer home in Ontario and I kind of half grew up there, what we always did was have Canada Day and the 4th of July together. Maybe Canadians interested in celebrating with we fellow North Americans from the USA can hook up with some of us and go to the celebration being put on by the VFW. Each US citizen can bring 5 guests so, between my daughter and I we can bring 10 people. If this interests you PM me.

The majority of my family are Canadian actually I only have 3 American relatives but my Canadian family are Hosers not Canucks for my 19th birthday they bought me a 24 of Blue and a box of doughnuts, seriously I was served birthday breakfast at 7:00 am!

Thanks for the invite to the US party, Jungian. Canadians are vary closely associated with Americans, but I, for one, feel that I should celebrate Canada Day as an independent Canadian holiday--and not pretending as we are the 51st state. However, I would enjoy helping my American friends celebrate their independence day by coming to their event.

I am surprised that the Honorary Consul of Canada does not acknowledge the holiday with Canadian citizens in Chiang Mai.