Seeking 2-3 Bed Suites Or Vacation Rental In Bkk

Hey all.

Returning to LOS with the whole brood (h/w +3 kids) at midnight on June 18th, and am looking for a suite or vacation rental for a few days thereafter, then again on/around July 10th for another week (the balance of the month to be spent at the ancestral home in Ubon).

We've stayed at Centre Point (Petchburi, Silom) last few trips, and have always been satisfied, but their rates seem to have increased dramatically since we were there last. They're asking $120-160 for one bedrooms for which we paid $75-100 on previous trips, and they don't seem very interested in offering discounts off their internet rates. I knew I was in trouble when I saw them post rates in dollars, just like the big boys at the Oriental.

Also saw a couple vacation rentals on Craigslist-BKK, but am a little wary of a sight-unseen apartment, even if the pictures look nice.

So, do I have any other suite hotel options, or can anyone recommend a reputable vacation rental operation? Or do I have to just bite the bullet and pay $200+ per night for a 2 bedroom in BKK?

All suggestions greatly appreciated.

Hello Faranginexile,

I do not know what you usual desire in regards to accommodations, however, I live in Korat and my wife used to work in Bang kae, so I was constantly staying in Bangkok monthly for 2 two the days per month.

I found a very pleasant serviced apartment on the river and not to expensive. The name is Riverfront Residence at Riverfront Residence.com.

However, I would suggest that you book it through someplace like hotelthailand.com because the Hotel quotes a rate of 6,500 Baht for a 2 bedroom deluxe on their site where Hotel Thailand quotes 3,540 Baht for the same 2 bedroom deluxe good through 30 June 2009. (Big Discount) And the rate through then from July 1 to Oct goes up to 4,130 Baht.

I hope this helps you, I was very pleased with the Residence and the service was great.

The Somerset Park in Suan Plu is OK.

Maybe its a little too pricey but they have 1, 2 or 3 room suites. I like staying there.

For example:-

25% off Best Available Rate-3-Bedroom Premier Special Offer

Separate living area & kitchen.1 King size bed,2 single beds+2 single beds,3 bathrms. IDD phone,TV (cable channels), DVD player with CD & MP3,hairdryer,clock,refrigerator, oven,microwave.240sqm.Our 3 bdrm units come only in classic style

Full buffet breakfast for 6 pax , daily maid service, scheduled shuttle bus service to financial district and nearest BTS, free use of gymnasium. Extra breakfast at B235pp for children below 6 years old. Prepayment upon booking is required and non-refundable.

THB 5,344.00 x 3 Nights Display Rates

• Rates are per Residence in Thailand Baht (THB)

• Rates subject to 5% service charge

https://www.somerset.com/en/thailand/bangko...rk_suanplu.html

There's a couple of others in BKK - Lake Point is a bit cheaper but not as good.

Edited by Sporting Dog

Hello Faranginexile,

I do not know what you usual desire in regards to accommodations, however, I live in Korat and my wife used to work in Bang kae, so I was constantly staying in Bangkok monthly for 2 two the days per month.

I found a very pleasant serviced apartment on the river and not to expensive. The name is Riverfront Residence at Riverfront Residence.com.

However, I would suggest that you book it through someplace like hotelthailand.com because the Hotel quotes a rate of 6,500 Baht for a 2 bedroom deluxe on their site where Hotel Thailand quotes 3,540 Baht for the same 2 bedroom deluxe good through 30 June 2009. (Big Discount) And the rate through then from July 1 to Oct goes up to 4,130 Baht.

I hope this helps you, I was very pleased with the Residence and the service was great.

Many thanks, Cougar, I'll definitely check that out.

And apologies for not responding sooner (I thought I was going to get email notification of replies, but apparently did not).

Maybe its a little too pricey but they have 1, 2 or 3 room suites. I like staying there.

Separate living area & kitchen.1 King size bed,2 single beds+2 single beds,3 bathrms. IDD phone,TV (cable channels), DVD player with CD & MP3,hairdryer,clock,refrigerator, oven,microwave.240sqm.Our 3 bdrm units come only in classic style

Full buffet breakfast for 6 pax , daily maid service, scheduled shuttle bus service to financial district and nearest BTS, free use of gymnasium. Extra breakfast at B235pp for children below 6 years old. Prepayment upon booking is required and non-refundable.

There's a couple of others in BKK - Lake Point is a bit cheaper but not as good.

Thank you, SD, I'll check them out, too. Actually, that would be very convenient, since my brother lives around Suanplu (as did i, in the old days). If it's THB 5,3XX for a 1-bed, that's likely on the high side for me, but we shall see.

Evergreen Apartments a 5 minute walk from MBK & Siam Square & Grand Millennium apartments near Pantip, we stayed there last year, very nice apartments but the Evergreen (we haven't stayed there but plan to this year) is a better location for us.

Evergreen Apartments a 5 minute walk from MBK & Siam Square & Grand Millennium apartments near Pantip, we stayed there last year, very nice apartments but the Evergreen (we haven't stayed there but plan to this year) is a better location for us.

Thank you, Boo. If it's the one next to Pantip, then I think I've seen the the Grand Millenium; I had no idea it was a hotel.

I'll check it out, too. Many thanks.

Thank you, SD, I'll check them out, too. Actually, that would be very convenient, since my brother lives around Suanplu (as did i, in the old days). If it's THB 5,3XX for a 1-bed, that's likely on the high side for me, but we shall see.

D'oh! Missed the part in your message where you answered my question. thanks again, Sdog.