True 'high Speed' Internet

DavidBrook

Well, there you go. For all those who don't understand why TRUE continue to offer such disastrous products and service, and don't seem interested in getting better, I just talked to their Technical Director. He said (and I quote):

"Well if the service is so bad, why are you here?". Excellent.

I was just gobsmacked. All I could do was tell him that just isn't the way to go unless you are seriously retarded, and hang up. He didn't trouble to ring back so he probably figured that's me told. With people of this calibre at the top I am sure TRUE shareholders are sleeping very nicely at night. All things became clear about the financial performance of TRUE Corp.

Road to Damascus.

By the way, I had someone overseas traceroute my IP address and you'll never guess... They found the same latency and bottleneck problem as I found while tracerouting the other way. Guess where it is? Riiiiight... in the TRUE network. I sample the throughput at 2 minute intervals and I haven't had faster performance than an EDGE modem could give me for several days. Torrents are like treacle flowing uphill, NNTP is unusable, and even web pages regularly take about the same time as in the 9600 modem days. Pitiful.

These people really are clowns, The problem is, they take themselves so very seriously and don't seem to know people are laughing at them.

D

Sorry you are being persecuted. My internet service from True has been excellent for the past six years. My current speed of 8 mbs is great and I have had a total outage of probably less than 30 minutes in six years.

Sounds like the topology of the network where you are is different, good luck to you, I may come and live next door. I have heard here and elsewhere that the TRUE service is a bit of a postcode lottery, but you would think they might try to improve the areas which are shit rather than pretend they don't exist. Not the Thai way though.

Their 'engineers' have been to the condo where I live and say everything is OK, but to be frank, the old joke about how to tell when Thais are lying springs to mind.

Hey ho. I see a vision of my future. I see the letters TT&T ...

D

Sorry you are being persecuted. My internet service from True has been excellent for the past six years. My current speed of 8 mbs is great and I have had a total outage of probably less than 30 minutes in six years.

Wish you could tell me how to get such service from True. I am in Bangkok and have business SME service at B3000 a month. My current speed to NYC is:

Down 148Kb/s

Up 407Kb/s