Wondering About It Work In Thailand/ Se Asia

I am arriving to Thailand week after next....for 6 months..a victim of the current downturn in IT Contracting in Europe !

Is there such a thing as well paid IT contract work in cities like Bangkok or HCMC (Vietnam) ?

I am an oracle database guy, 10+years experience, pl/sql, datamodelling, databases etc

Just curious.

I am arriving to Thailand week after next....for 6 months..a victim of the current downturn in IT Contracting in Europe !

Is there such a thing as well paid IT contract work in cities like Bangkok or HCMC (Vietnam) ?

I am an oracle database guy, 10+years experience, pl/sql, datamodelling, databases etc

Just curious.

In short - no.

Well unless you've been moved over internally in a company on expatriate salary.

Very very occasionally a decent contract might become available via jobsites but you'd probably have better luck in Singapore opposed to Thailand or Vietnam.

What the above poster said.. . .

only way to get a real salary in one of these places is to be 'imported'

if you want s real salary, you need to goto Sing or HK

on the other hand, there are some expats that do various website and application development and would be happy to pay you 20-50k a month +entertainment for your work....