What Should My Maxnet Premeir 2mb 1mb Be

mike3006

Just got maxnet premier 2/1 and my speeds to america san francisco are only 427/340. Is this normal? getting the same speed after midnight. any advice anyone. im in chiang mai close to a major road.

What is your speed if you test from the Bangkok server?

If it is just as low, you are likely having a bad connection to the DSLAM.

This what I get on the San Fransisco server,normally it's rather stable but sometimes drops under 2Mbps on peak times. (I have 3/1 Premier)

493267699.png

The best you ever get through ADSL is 85% of rated speed, so on the 2/1 package you should be seeing 1.7 down.

For me the only difference between international and domestic is in the upload. Within Thailand my upload is always around the 0.8 mbps mark, while internationally it's about half that.

493268634.png

i got 800/380

Just got maxnet premier 2/1 and my speeds to america san francisco are only 427/340. Is this normal? getting the same speed after midnight. any advice anyone. im in chiang mai close to a major road.

What is your speed if you test from the Bangkok server?

If it is just as low, you are likely having a bad connection to the DSLAM.

i have a smc and the shitty one they gave me tried both give me about the same speed to usa and bangkok

i got 800/380

Bangkok right?

Looks like a bad ADSL connection, testing from Bkk should give rock steady 1.7 Mbps on your package.

What modem/router do you use?

Never used SMC.

Try to get in and search for a status page on your ADSL connection/status.

Stuuf important are: connection speeds (both up and down), line attenuation and SNR margin.

Try to find them and post here...

monty

status is 1024/512

snr down 30.3 up 27

atten down 24 up 12.5

Never used SMC.

Stuuf important are: connection speeds (both up and down), line attenuation and SNR margin.

So you are only connected at 1/0.5 (commonly called 1024/512), not the 2/1 you think you have! The status should say 2048/1024!

Better check the paper you get when subscribing, or your latest bill. It's possible the techs have set the DSLAM for your line wrong!

As per your line speed your Bangkok result is spot on, although International is still slow at only 50% of rated speed.

You are sure that your username is xxxxxx@premier and not xxxxxx@Indy?

Your line parameters indicate that a 2M/1M connection is perfectly possible.

monty

status is 1024/512

snr down 30.3 up 27

atten down 24 up 12.5

Never used SMC.

Monty's right. Just complain to customer service.

You signal noise is just fine, so that means your line is misconfigured to 1Mbit by the provider. They need to change it to 2Mbit on their end. That's all. Simple call should resolve it.

Thanks guys yes they did fix the problem getting better speeds now thanks for all your help

Monty's right. Just complain to customer service.

You signal noise is just fine, so that means your line is misconfigured to 1Mbit by the provider. They need to change it to 2Mbit on their end. That's all. Simple call should resolve it.