Skytrain Link To Suvarnabhumi Airport

tnarol

I'm coming again next July. I was wondering if the skytrain to the airport has opened yet or not, two years ago it seemed almost finished.
Earlier it was announced that it would be opened on the Queen's Birthday (August 12). More recently it was announced that it will now open on the King's birthday (December 5). <snip> Edited by soundman
Removed Royal commentary. Do not discuss the Royal Family.

I'm coming again next July. I was wondering if the skytrain to the airport has opened yet or not, two years ago it seemed almost finished.
Earlier it was announced that it would be opened on the Queen's Birthday (August 12). More recently it was announced that it will now open on the King's birthday (December 5). <snip>

And even more recently announced that further delays (in paying for it) have put the opening back to next march 2010

Hi,

Many thanks !

it has no link to the BTS skytrain and is completely different, good luck dragging yer bags up and down those (higher than skytrain) stairs.

Hi,

Many thanks !

The irony here - It still seems almost finished !

Grab a cab from the airport mate ! Thats the best way into town, at least for now. Or if you want to save some cash, try the airport link bus (Baht 150, avl on the ground floor) and depending on the route you take, you can get off either at sukhumvit or silom.

Cheers.

I was going to get a bus last time i visited and had real trouble deciding which one to get to take me to where I wanted to be. Any idea which one would take you closest to Sukhumvit soi 11?

Bus 3 goes down sukhumvit. Get off at soi 6 and use nana station to cross the street. Come out exit 3 and you'll be right near corner of soi 11.

The trains are ready to go. The issue appears to be finishing the Mahkasan station. That is the massive building they have decided build as the main terminal. You will be able to check you bags there, pay your 150 baht and take an express train to the airport.

TH

Hi,

Many thanks !

it has no link to the BTS skytrain and is completely different, good luck dragging yer bags up and down those (higher than skytrain) stairs.

It has a connection to the BTS at Phyathai where you will be able to change trains and use the BTS network. I believe there is also a link at Makesan to the MRT network.

The trains are ready to go. The issue appears to be finishing the Mahkasan station. That is the massive building they have decided build as the main terminal. You will be able to check you bags there, pay your 150 baht and take an express train to the airport.

TH

Any info which airlines will have check in available at Makkasan ? Only Thai or also some others ?

It does have "connection" to BTS and MRT but it's looong walk especially if you have luggage.

It does have "connection" to BTS and MRT but it's looong walk especially if you have luggage.
And no cheaper than a cab, unless you're traveling alone.

To the extent that every big-city airport ought to have a rail link, I welcome it. But at the current fares they may find themselves without a whole lot of passengers.

good luck dragging yer bags up and down those (higher than skytrain) stairs.

If your bag is too heavy just look around for the most muscular katoey and offer them 50b. :)

Then you better be fit enough to catch him when he runs of with your bag

good luck dragging yer bags up and down those (higher than skytrain) stairs.

If your bag is too heavy just look around for the most muscular katoey and offer them 50b. :D

Then you better be fit enough to catch him when he runs of with your bag

Fit or not, I can't vision myself chasing a katoey anywhere, knowingly, of course!! :)