Wanting to but laptop, notebooks from thailand

ucomservices

Hi!

I am planning to travel to Bangkok with a weeks time and plan to buy a couple of Laptop/Notebooks from there. Preferably branded ones like Hp, Compaq etc (Pentium IV's only)

I would appreciate of someone can tell me the place that offers the cheapest prices for the same so that I don't waste time travelling from one shop to the other.

thanks

Sethi PS

HP and Compaq are the same thing now; the two companies merged. My Compaq Presario laptop (about a month old) is rebadged in the UK as a HP laptop. Same chassis. If fact I think the battery is a HP battery, but it also has a Compaq part number.

Why are you buying in Bangkok? For use in Thailand? It you are exporting you would get better deals abroad.

HP and Compaq are the same thing now; the two companies merged. My Compaq Presario laptop (about a month old) is rebadged in the UK as a HP laptop. Same chassis. If fact I think the battery is a HP battery, but it also has a Compaq part number.

Why are you buying in Bangkok? For use in Thailand? It you are exporting you would get better deals abroad.

Thanks for the reply. Well i already know about pantip plaza. i was wanting to have some phone nos or email addresses so that i could contact the vendor before travelling to thailand. i plan to take it back with me to India as the prices in my country are a little on the higher side.

Well if u could help me with some details regarding the vendors who can give me absolutely down to earth prices for the laptop/notebooks.

where else can i get better deals???? i would appreciate if i come to know about it please.

Depends on what you want and how much you want to pay. You can't expect a cheap notebook to scream like the expensive ones. If you want ultimate performance then give notebooks a miss altogether. An example is notebook hard drives. Still running at 4200 rpm, and as far as I can see the technology has not improved in the last 4 years (the hard drive in my cheap notebook is the same model as another one I bought about 3 years ago). I benchmarked my new notebook and compared against the benchmark on the old one, and performance in most areas was between 2.4 and 4 times faster, apart from disk IO which was about the same. A 2.4 to 4 times improvement over my old laptop is satisfactory for me.

If you are looking for notebook bargains in Asia, Singapore or Hong Kong would offer more choice, and having more competetion, offer better prices.

I bought the Compaq because it was priced more keener than anything else in Pantip (apart from the government ones, which you have to order and wait for). Thai keyboard is something I like to have, which is why I purchased in TL. I figure it better to buy cheap notebooks and replace them more often, and I could buy four of these cheap Compaq ones for the price of an expensive one.