Great New Affordable Japanese Restaurant ~ Wasabi Tei

JimmyTheMook

I have eaten here a few times and the food is excellent and the prices are great.

They offer a set meal for 69 Baht !!!!! Your choice of Chicken (pictured) , Beef , Pork , or Salmon which is slightly more

The owner worked as a chef in Japan for 15 years and he really knows his food.

Easy to find right on 3rd road off Soi Excite - heading towards Pattaya Klang , near and on the same side as the Mityon Motorcycle shop.

He makes sushi as well that is fantastic and much tastier than anything Fuji has.

Give it a try and you will not be disappointed

post-41573-1244804723_thumb.jpg

post-41573-1244804750_thumb.jpg

post-41573-1244804767_thumb.jpg

post-41573-1244804794_thumb.jpg

I have eaten here a few times and the food is excellent and the prices are great.

They offer a set meal for 69 Baht !!!!! Your choice of Chicken (pictured) , Beef , Pork , or Salmon which is slightly more

The owner worked as a chef in Japan for 15 years and he really knows his food.

Easy to find right on 3rd road off Soi Excite - heading towards Pattaya Klang , near and on the same side as the Mityon Motorcycle shop.

He makes sushi as well that is fantastic and much tastier than anything Fuji has.

Give it a try and you will not be disappointed

I have also eaten here 4 times now and can say great food at fair prices, well worth a visit.

regards

JOHN

I had the mackerel set meal. It featured a very small portion of fish, not surprising for the price, but I also noticed the sauce soggied up the rice in an unpleasant way. The miso soup and salad were good especially the soup. The sushi menu is not translated, you have to know what to ask for. They had no raw tuna. I had one sushi item, it was only adequate. There were many, many FLIES. The owner is a sweet guy. I tells em like I sees em, no hurry to go back ...

Edited by Jingthing

I had the mackerel set meal. It featured a very small portion of fish, not surprising for the price, but I also noticed the sauce soggied up the rice in an unpleasant way. The miso soup and salad were good especially the soup. The sushi menu is not translated, you have to know what to ask for. They had no raw tuna. I had one sushi item, it was only adequate. There were many, many FLIES. The owner is a sweet guy. I tells em like I sees em, no hurry to go back ...

The sushi menu is now also written in English , I helped translate it the other day :)

My portion of chicken was adequate as you can see from the above pics - not to shabby of a deal for 69 baht IMO

If the meals are small for you, they're going to be miniscule for me. I need lots of protein.

My portion of chicken was adequate as you can see from the above pics - not to shabby of a deal for 69 baht IMO

That looks much better than the mackerel set bowl, which was poor. Just one experience, perhaps they were low on the product. I was just trying to be objective, I did not have a stellar experience there, but there were some good points also. Good to hear about the translation.

Edited by Jingthing

I had the salmon set B129 adequate piece of salmon, good soup, salad and I appreciated the kimchee.

A had the seafood salad a couple of time and would recommend it, don't remember the price but with salmon slices and Japanese caviar on top it was a great value.

I have followed several positive mentions of this place on the board. I am a big fan of Yipun food and usually get my fill from the Fuji outlet nearest to me when the urge strikes. At these prices, it is clearly aimed at the lower-end of the Thai market...I don't think you could serve a meal that would fill-up your average farang at these prices. I have noticed on my drive-bys that it's also an open-front Thai shophouse affair with no aircon...that, and the mention of flies, would put me off.

You can always have multiple items to fill up, such as a set and sushi. In my experience of the fish-rice bowl it was mostly sauce and that made the rice super soggy so my main complaint is that it wasn't good! Again, maybe the wrong thing to order is all.

They had no raw tuna.
No hamachi or maguro? I won't set foot in their restaurant.

Apparently they don't have aircon. I wouldn't chance raw fish or seafood in a warm environment even if it was available.

Why, it is usually refrigerated before being served and many air con places do not air con the kitchen. . :)

The Japanese places I frequent have an open kitchen in the same airspace as the restaurant and the sushi preparation is not done near the stoves.

I'm very particular about where I eat raw fish.

Apparently they don't sell raw fish at this new restaurant anyway, so I'm sorry I brought it up.

Edited by tropo

Apparently they don't sell raw fish at this new restaurant anyway, so I'm sorry I brought it up.

Yes, they do sell raw fish there. Salmon definitely. I only mentioned they didn't have tuna. I am sure they don't have hamachi either. As others have mentioned this is a budget restaurant, their crowd wouldn't want to pay the price for hamachi.

Edited by Jingthing